F

FuneralMarch

Feb 15, 2019
Hi, I'm relatively new here, I was once a member of r/sanctionedsuicide until it got shut down (fuck you reddit) and I thought it was just gone for good until I stumbled on this site a month ago. I guess you could say my ctb plans are more long term, I'm giving myself around two years. I just started a 500,000 dollar life insurance policy (which has a suicide clause of a minimum of two years and DOES cover foreign suicides.) And I am currently writing up a will to be noterized soon. I really want my family to atleast benefit financially from my death, so that my death wasn't a total loss. However, I am wondering how a legal euthanasia works in Switzerland, I haven't done a whole lot of research, but the research I have done doesn't really explain anything in detail. I have high functioning autism, I don't know if that's a reasonable reason for the Swiss government to allow euthanasia. But it does nonetheless effect my everyday life in a negative way. Would my insurance policy be voided because of this do you think? How hard is it to be eligible for euthanasia in switzerland as a foreigner? (USA) would I better off just shooting or hanging myself somewhere far in the woods in the U.S to guarantee the life insurance policy? The money my family gets from the policy is more important to me than a peaceful death. If anyone here can direct me any thread or guide that details Euthanasia in switzerland, or any legitimate source for N (I once had the email for "A" like a year ago but lost it after switching operating systems, but I have since heard on this site that he is no longer a reliable resource). would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Jc40
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I would assume that it would be pretty difficult to obtain euthanasia in there unless you have a terminal illness and even then you still have to go through a very lengthy process before you given the approval to go through with it. It is also much more expensive (like 10k or more) to go through the process and no guarantee that you will get approved. I'm not familiar with Dignitas's criteria but some others on here might know more and be able to give you the specifics of that. Personally, I'd say you'd have more success ctb'ing via a firearm or hanging in the US than going to Switzerland to ctb. As far as your insurance is concerned, IANAL (I am not a lawyer) but I assume that after 2 years from when you obtained the policy would be sufficient (do consult with other legal advice first though just to cover all your bases).

Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
i guess no
I would assume that it would be pretty difficult to obtain euthanasia in there unless you have a terminal illness and even then you still have to go through a very lengthy process before you given the approval to go through with it. It is also much more expensive (like 10k or more) to go through the process and no guarantee that you will get approved. I'm not familiar with Dignitas's criteria but some others on here might know more and be able to give you the specifics of that. Personally, I'd say you'd have more success ctb'ing via a firearm or hanging in the US than going to Switzerland to ctb. As far as your insurance is concerned, IANAL (I am not a lawyer) but I assume that after 2 years from when you obtained the policy would be sufficient (do consult with other legal advice first though just to cover all your bases).
correct its very difficult

locusdelicti

locusdelicti

Jan 6, 2019
I would make sure that you obtain a copy of your life insurance policy (preferably a pdf so you can do a search for key words), and check your suicide clause and the details of the contestability period. Make sure there won't be grounds for denial of the claim based upon fraud or material misrepresentation (e.g., you didn't disclose a history of depression before signing up for coverage).

As far as Dignitas or other assisted-suicide organizations, (a) I would imagine in order to keep their doors open, a thorough vetting processes is conducted to ensure only those with medical records supporting a terminal illness (under their laws) applies; and (b) I would prepare for a lengthy review process.

J

jules18

Mar 1, 2019
I have contacted all 3 euthanasia organizations in Switzerland. My main condition is schizophrenia, and so far Dignitas has responded with a list of requirements that I have to send them for them to consider my case. Life Circle/Eternal Spirit rejected me for my condition and EX International did not answer my emails. All 3 organizations claim they are flexible with payment if you are poor.

This is the email from Dignitas I received:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail in which you ask about the possibilities for mentally ill people to apply for an accompanied suicide.

It is basically possible for mentally ill too, to submit a formal request of an accompanied suicide to Dignitas. However, this is a lengthy and complex proceeding which demands your pro-active cooperation. And there is no guarantee to receive the "provisional green light" for an accompanied suicide.

Whether your situation will meet the prerequisites for an accompanied suicide with Dignitas depends very much on the quality of the medical file, the reports you can provide.

We need medical certificates with clear diagnosis of your illness, a description of its cause and development, proof of all therapies you have tried (with or without success) as well as anin-depth psychiatric appraisal concerning your capacity of judgement and discernment in regard of your wish for a self-determined end of life.

For more details please refer to the attachment.

Without such a detailed medical dossier, we won't find a Swiss physician who will risk writing the prescription for the lethal medication in your case, unfortunately.

If you're willing to wait 3 years after becoming a member of Dignitas (membership payed every year) you can get euthanasia for free. I've also attached below the PDFs they sent me.

Supposably EX International is much faster, and you might even be able to show up at their office without pre-approval, or so Nietschke claims. You can read chapter 23 here for the Swiss options: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-2NX0jVOjCrOJycMsy3KLXHMSGL3MSnV

My patience is wearing really thin with EX or waiting for the Sarco machine, so I've personally decided to use the carbon monoxide method using a gas generator.

Attachments

• A Information brochure about DIGNITAS 2018.pdf
    187.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Mental illnesses - How to do a request.pdf
    162.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Idorus
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I've read chapter 23, and for me, it would be easier if I lived in Europe, because based on the process, the costs, and logistics, as well as meeting all those criteria (including must be sick enough to qualify but not sick enough to travel) it's just too much trouble for me, an US citizen to access it. I'd still rely on my firearm and just hope I don't lose my capacity (physically or mentally) to ctb.