• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Mthom2

Student
Oct 19, 2020
This may simply be me displaying mental illness at its finest.

Does anyone else feel a sense of enlightenment in our understanding of life, all known existence, and the universe? Personally, I feel like maybe we understand it all on a much deeper level than most of the world. Hence, our desire for an exit that is not drawn out into more suffering.

We're born into suffering. We attend some sort of school, grow into adulthood, and work until we're too old to do it any longer. Then we generally have to rely on someone else to help us live longer, and ultimately die. We simply don't care to put ourselves through most of that nonsense. The end is always going to be the same, no matter what you do. Death is in everyone's future. There is no way around it. Why are we so wrong, so ill, in wanting to make our existences less excruciating?

I often wonder if the majority of the world purposely lives in a state of ignorant bliss. It's like people blindly ignore reality. And make no mistake, the darkness of life -is- reality. It is the ultimate and purest form of reality possible. Yet, humanity pulls the cover over its head and hysterically screams "not true" over and over again until convinced.

Then, in a frantic attempt to cling to that state of delusion, they accuse us of being the damaged ones. We are the mentally ill, the depressed. Could it be true that we have merely removed the blinders from our eyes?

We see life. Truly see life for the curse that it is.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
This may simply be me displaying mental illness at its finest.

Does anyone else feel a sense of enlightenment in our understanding of life, all known existence, and the universe? Personally, I feel like maybe we understand it all on a much deeper level than most of the world. Hence, our desire for an exit that is not drawn out into more suffering.

We're born into suffering. We attend some sort of school, grow into adulthood, and work until we're too old to do it any longer. Then we generally have to rely on someone else to help us live longer, and ultimately die. We simply don't care to put ourselves through most of that nonsense. The end is always going to be the same, no matter what you do. Death is in everyone's future. There is no way around it. Why are we so wrong, so ill, in wanting to make our existences less excruciating?

I often wonder if the majority of the world purposely lives in a state of ignorant bliss. It's like people blindly ignore reality. And make no mistake, the darkness of life -is- reality. It is the ultimate and purest form of reality possible. Yet, humanity pulls the cover over its head and hysterically screams "not true" over and over again until convinced.

Then, in a frantic attempt to cling to that state of delusion, they accuse us of being the damaged ones. We are the mentally ill, the depressed. Could it be true that we have merely removed the blinders from our eyes?

We see life. Truly see life for the curse that it is.
Only on this website have I read a lot of posts like yours that confirm and validate what i had been thinking . i never hear nor see anything like this anywhere else irl . No one out there talks about these things . Try talking about this or suicide or death or questioning wether life is worth living and you will be looked at like an extraterrestrial alien and then called insane.

imo Most of the population are brainwashed living in a false reality : As evidence this website is the only place i have read posts even alluding to the real reality.

Last edited:
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Yes I feel like this, from an early age we are brainwashed with religion, school, work get married have children buy a car, home, annual holiday etc,etc and then someone close to you dies and you only think about death at the funeral but then it's back to normal, I think about death daily now and I realised we don't get long anyway whether rich or poor you will die.

I have become hooked on watching old and new movies and then googling the movie and cast to see if they are still alive or what age they died, example below then IMDb pops up in the list to see what other movies they are in or what year they retired from acting. I try to imagine what they thought of life and was they happy with what they achieved.

Cast of Harry Potter click on Alan Rickman and you get all the information year and place of birth and location and date of death, died aged 70 after battling pancreatic cancer for a few months prior to his death, after being diagnosed in August so he new his time was up and as famous as he was he kept it quiet.

I look at what people do to each other, the evil acts they commit and it dawned on me they have probably never really thought about how short life is and there time is ticking away fast, I don't think people think about death until they are facing it themselves and all the other shit, money, possessions and the stress of paying tax and bills goes out the window.

Anyway I will stop there, :smiling:

Cheers

Geo

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
I believe that the real/core/unspoken religion most people worship here is, "Life is a good thing."

This comes about both for the evolutionary/survival advantages believing that brings... as well as personal, self-rationalization (how could anyone explain their bringing a baby into this unless they believed that... or at least professed to)?

So, we who seem to see the truth of what this is are "apostates" against their core religion/philosophy... They don't let us easily commit suicide because that would be too big a blow against their deepest beliefs.

Last edited: