• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

HighLowHigh

Mar 28, 2024
Since I started investing in stocks last month, my life was ruined at its peak.

Because I did not know that much about stocks, I kept buying and selling stocks everytime it went up and down, and I have lost thousands as a result.

I mainly invested in some AI related stocks, but March has been a shitfest, with inflations and shit.

I am trying to make the money back by getting a part time job but since I study abroad as a english degree student without knowledge of the local language, it will be very hard to get a job, and even if I do get one, I am in risk of getting my college grades go way down.

I can't tell my parents because they will go crazy about this, however since a part time job will ruin my school grades, they will eventually know.

My life has been totally ruined in weeks, with each options making me worse off.

As a last resort I am putting most of my money to nvidia leverage stocks, but I am sure that it will go down further in about mid 2024, due to how the AI bubble is about to pop.

I already lost $2000 today, and I will kill myself once I lose $9000 from my investment.

I have about $1500 left, and I am thinking about buying equipment that will help me leave this world.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Stocks are legal gambling. Gambling is big risk, big reward. You could also lose everything in one go. They should outlaw gambling and the stock market!

Last edited:
Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
Because we have rising interest rates. Well it depends on what country you live in. Chinese tech will do well because they just had a real estate crash. The USA has a shortage of houses and is in an expansion phase. You want to be in commodities like oil.
Real estate surplus = low inflation = tech stocks
Real estate shortage = expansion of housing loans = more inflation = commodity stocks

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
I don't think that it's a good idea to put what you have left into stocks as you haven't acquired more knowledge about stocks in the meantime - the probability that you're going to lose this money is high.
I understand from your post that this is causing you a great deal of stress but if there is nothing else causing you suffering, I would seriously reflect on ending my life over this. You're not alone in being confronted with the harsh reality of stock markets. And you sound quite young. Needing to work for a year to get rid of this debt won't destroy your life, you can say you took a gap year to gain practical experience.
Are you getting any help for this? Financial advisor/university counselor? I assume that this amount of money seems very high to you but to me this seems like an issue that can in fact be solved.

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Remember that bankruptcy is a thing that you can do. You'll have horrible credit but it's better than killing yourself. What are debt collectors gonna do lol? All they can do is bring you to court and tell you to pay. Big whoop. However: stop putting money into stocks. STOP. This is an easily fixed problem. Get a job and you can pay off your debt within a year. It could be McDonalds and you'd recover more than what you've invested (and lost) in stocks. You can take a year off of college to do work. So what if your parents are mad? They'd rather have you here than a dead kid. Unless they're stupid. I would return home instead of continuing to study abroad. A gambling addiction is not easily solved alone and you can't speak the natives' language. You need your parents. Despite fear of their disappointment, your situation can be fixed with some simple decisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: rosenwasser