A

artwoord

May 14, 2020
Does anyone know if electrocution is a successful method? I'm in the US and so am dealing with 120v 15a power. As far as I know from experience if a create a closed circuit that will hit my heart, ie have a power cord split in two and tape one end on the back by my heart and the other on the other side it should create a circuit.

Does anyone know if this is guaranteed to kill me? It's not a ground fault outlet so it should be able to have a current leakage without shutting down the circuit. I've got ample experience stripping wires so I'd be able to make a cable. Also from as far as I can tell there wouldn't be much pain and from shocks I've taken in the past they tend to only hurt a while after.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Doctors know how to die, and what is entailed. So do soldiers. So do electricians.

I would do a online search of electrician suicides.

Reactions: Isittimetogonola and jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
I don't but I've seen the aftermath of severe electrical burns and I can't even begin to imagine how painful it would be to recover from. Please do extensive research before deciding on this method.

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth, Isittimetogonola, Deleted member 14573 and 4 others
A

artwoord

May 14, 2020
I don't but I've seen the aftermath of severe electrical burns and I can't even begin to imagine how painful it would be to recover from. Please do extensive research before deciding on this method.

Yeah that's a big worry if someone finds me and even then I'd not want anyone to accidentally get hurt from finding me and touching me on impulse even if I had a note saying to not do so.

Reactions: autumnal, Weightoftheworld and GoodPersonEffed
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Doctors know how to die, and what is entailed. So do soldiers. So do electricians.

Does anyone know if electrocution is a successful method? I'm in the US and so am dealing with 120v 15a power. As far as I know from experience if a create a closed circuit that will hit my heart, ie have a power cord split in two and tape one end on the back by my heart and the other on the other side it should create a circuit.

Does anyone know if this is guaranteed to kill me? It's not a ground fault outlet so it should be able to have a current leakage without shutting down the circuit. I've got ample experience stripping wires so I'd be able to make a cable. Also from as far as I can tell there wouldn't be much pain and from shocks I've taken in the past they tend to only hurt a while after.

Not a good idea. You're thinking of trying to give yourself a cardiac arrest. You're more likely to get severe burns and possibly survive with permanent injuries.

Reactions: Deleted member 14573, artwoord and autumnal
J

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Jul 8, 2020

Definitely do a shit ton of research on that. Electrical suicide can either kill you or leave you with debilitating burns

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Ok so I found the answer. You need something to be really angry about. Instant heart attack!! Lol

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

Christ no. Please do not do this.

Reactions: Chiyuki99, Deleted member 14573 and artwoord
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
IMO Too painful.

Reactions: autumnal and Deleted member 14573
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Will be painful irrespective of the outcome.

Reactions: autumnal
scubaguy

scubaguy

Jun 30, 2020
I tried it about 9 years ago but obvs not successful as I am here. I stripped some of an electrical cable to have bare wire made into a loop of neutral and live wire. I did not want to put the 2 wires on my wrists to make a circuit in case I survived and scarred my wrists.
So I attached the bare live wire around 1 ankle and bare neutral wire around other ankle. Left on insulation of cable after attached to ankles and plug other end went into a plug in timer which was in socket. So power came on timer say half hour later and was on for 10 minutes.
It was painful but was not killing me. The electricity was going up one leg across my hips and down other leg. I did scream/shout out and someone in my house came up to my bedroom and shouted through door to ask if I was alright. I said turn off main fuseboard but they couldn't find it, I said quick I am dying. Meanwhile I tried sitting up and leaning forward to take wires off ankles. This caused the electricity to surge up my body to my head and was painful in my skull. I could feel the live wire burning deep into my ankle and was thinking I am going to lose my foot.
In the end the electric stopped as 10 minutes was up. The neighbours heard my screams/shouts and called the Police and half hour later turned up at my door in middle of night. I said I had a bad nightmare and got away with it.
The next day I went to see my Doctor with the deep wound on one ankle and said what I did. I had to see a Nurse at practice every few days to have dressings put on ankle also to take off scab that trying to form on top of skin. After several weeks the wound healed and have a brown discolouration in a circle around one ankle. The neutral wire ankle was not damaged at all.
I found out afterwards if I had put wires on my wrists instead of ankles probably wouldn't be here as current is passing over heart and will stop it. Most of the time the current was going up one leg and down other till I sat up.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
M

mr nobody

Apr 8, 2020
I'm an electrical engineer. I took an electrical safety course last year at my old job, and you don't need much current to kill you. At about 10mA, it begins to cause fibrillations. 100mA is basically lethal. 15A will kill you instantly. The method of electrocution is also important. In the above post, using your ankles wouldn't kill you because you want to have a path through your heart. If you did exactly what you did but held the bare wires in your hand, you would've died instantly. The key is to complete the circuit through your heart using your hands.

Reactions: win32, Isittimetogonola, AnxietyAttack44 and 1 other person
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I tried it about 9 years ago but obvs not successful as I am here. I stripped some of an electrical cable to have bare wire made into a loop of neutral and live wire. I did not want to put the 2 wires on my wrists to make a circuit in case I survived and scarred my wrists.
So I attached the bare live wire around 1 ankle and bare neutral wire around other ankle. Left on insulation of cable after attached to ankles and plug other end went into a plug in timer which was in socket. So power came on timer say half hour later and was on for 10 minutes.
It was painful but was not killing me. The electricity was going up one leg across my hips and down other leg. I did scream/shout out and someone in my house came up to my bedroom and shouted through door to ask if I was alright. I said turn off main fuseboard but they couldn't find it, I said quick I am dying. Meanwhile I tried sitting up and leaning forward to take wires off ankles. This caused the electricity to surge up my body to my head and was painful in my skull. I could feel the live wire burning deep into my ankle and was thinking I am going to lose my foot.
In the end the electric stopped as 10 minutes was up. The neighbours heard my screams/shouts and called the Police and half hour later turned up at my door in middle of night. I said I had a bad nightmare and got away with it.
The next day I went to see my Doctor with the deep wound on one ankle and said what I did. I had to see a Nurse at practice every few days to have dressings put on ankle also to take off scab that trying to form on top of skin. After several weeks the wound healed and have a brown discolouration in a circle around one ankle. The neutral wire ankle was not damaged at all.
I found out afterwards if I had put wires on my wrists instead of ankles probably wouldn't be here as current is passing over heart and will stop it. Most of the time the current was going up one leg and down other till I sat up.

I know it would have been extremely painful, but the way you describe your actions in this story just reads like complete slapstick :))

And yes, your initial positioning of the wires meant the only vital organ getting reliably zapped was your junk!

I hope the unpleasantness of your experience has made you realise that this is simply not viable as a method, and also serves as a deterrent to other members here.

X

X-Kid

Sep 20, 2019
What the electrical engineer said is spot on. I would also point out that the dryer your skin is, the higher the electrical resistance is. I've been shocked by 110V (accidentally) and it's not fun. I wouldn't use it as a suicide method though. If you are going with electrocution, why not step it up to 220V? Still seems like a horrible way to go though.

Reactions: win32