O

OhWellDerp321

Student
Jun 1, 2023
And where the heck you are gonna get the experience needed to be hired.

For me, it's the very degrading state of my country, which ultimately tells me that the future may not be something I want to be part of at all considering how hard people have it now and I'm not even out of school yet. Things just don't look in general
i just feel sorry for you. its gonna be even worse when you are out of school. there is no way the economy is getting better. no matter how much politicians or 'experts" say so, it just means higher income taxes. And thats gonna be masked under "solutions to better economy"

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
"I want to be able to work and afford all of this stuff," says Gen Z. That is not how it works! "This job sucks if I can't pay for all of this stuff!"

Omg! What? $17 an hour! Omg! I'm a wage slave.

However, the people who were enslaved endured 400+ years without collecting their wages, and their descendants are still waiting for reparations!

The United States is capitalist, imperialist, built on stolen territory, and is pro-immigrant. First generations succeed at incredible rates! America is the place to born!

Even though y'all don't believe in bootstrapping, it was the only thing that kept me afloat, so I'm sticking with it.

D

Deleted member 65988

i just feel sorry for you. its gonna be even worse when you are out of school. there is no way the economy is getting better. no matter how much politicians or 'experts" say so, it just means higher income taxes. And thats gonna be masked under "solutions to better economy"
Exactly, it's always like that. After school, you're gonna struggle even more and life won't be pleasant.

O

OhWellDerp321

Student
Jun 1, 2023
"I want to be able to work and afford all of this stuff," says Gen Z. That is not how it works! "This job sucks if I can't pay for all of this stuff!"

Omg! What? $17 an hour! Omg! I'm a wage slave.

However, the people who were enslaved endured 400+ years without collecting their wages, and their descendants are still waiting for reparations!

The United States is capitalist, imperialist, built on stolen territory, and is pro-immigrant. First generations succeed at incredible rates! America is the place to born!

Even though y'all don't believe in bootstrapping, it was the only thing that kept me afloat, so I'm sticking with it.
Who says we want "all this stuff"?. People just want to be able to have their own place to live, and own mode of transportation. That's the basic needs of a developed country. In what world does it make sense to ask someone to work fulltime 40 hours a week and still not be able to afford to buy their own place? Heck screw that. In fact, you can work fulltime and a part time job, 60 hours a week and still not be able to afford a mortgage.

Its not just Gen Zs that want basic needs. I am sure there are many parents of low income families with kids that would want that too. To generalize a big problem into one generation is an immature response.

And what does actual slavery have to do with this? Are you comparing actual slavery to low paying jobs? Western society has come to a point where we've realized that slavery is wrong. That's why we don't do it anymore. So you saying that we should feel glad we aren't actual slaves? Are you saying that we should normalize overworking and unaffordable housing because it is better than being a slave in the 1800s? That sounds like a very illogical way of thinking.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
amatherasu :-)

amatherasu :-)

Dec 21, 2023
If my fathers knew all this, maybe I wouldn't need to do ctb.

B

BornByGhosts

wants to overcome Sports Illustrated
Mar 3, 2023
slaves had food and housing