• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
Do you think this place is also an echochamber with the similar threads ever week (day), Ever so often

Reactions: Homo erectus and davidtorez
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yes and I don´t mind that at all I like "echochambers" although I hate when that word is used about them, aren´t people in specific political parties in a echochamber they just want to reinforce what they already believe to be true and so do I and it is more important with sites like this one because suicide is looked so down upon by society that you can´t even have an objective rational conversation with someone about suicide without them regurgitate the same things pro-lifers say all the time so of course we will come to an "echochamber" where like minded people can discuss our pro-choice or pro-suicide views and that is absolutely fine.

Because as I said you just get shut down immediately if you wanna talk about suicide with people in society if you even get to talk about it since many people will shut you down immediately by saying they don´t wanna talk about it, it´s negative it makes them depressed "so stop talking about it" so we are also forced retrieve into a place like this hense the word Sanctuary because this site is indeed a Sanctuary for the suicidal.

Reactions: Homo erectus, bipbapbop, marchshift and 2 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I believe this forum is a safe space and we're trying our best to make sure people feel accepted and welcome here. A safe space isn't necessarily an echo chamber, though it can resemble one. We have to root out bad actors who disagree with the pro-choice approach of this forum to make this work, otherwise we'd have to deal with patronizing and invalidating nonsense all day and there would be a lot more non-consentual intervention into people's decisions.

For full transparency, here is a different perspective though, according to this academic paper this forum is an echo chamber and it does reinforce ideas regarding suicide due to the fact that we all more or less agree on the right to die as an ethical issue but they also didn't find any evidence of suicide incitement. That's a scientific assessement.

Pro suicide1
Pro suicide3
Pro suicide2
Pro suicide4

So yeah, it's up to you if you want to call this forum an echo chamber or not. It's interesting though how academic circles keep referring to us as "pro-choice forum" in their research, yet we're still called pro-suicide in the media despite clear observations that we do not incite suicide in this forum. Just tells you again that it's all about a narrative, none of the journalists did any research about this forum. And I think it's a significant difference if a community specifically encourages each other to commit suicide or if there is simply idea reinforcement, as laid out in this paper, because we agree with each other that suicide is a deeply personal choice.

So yeah, just thought I'd share it with you. I'm still working on my rebuttal that we're not pro-suicide and as part of my research I've read this paper just a few days ago. And this here is significant evidence that we are in fact pro-choice.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, rizleechboy, Circles and 7 others
davidtorez

davidtorez

Arcanist
Mar 8, 2024
It can be a sort of echo chamber. But that exists in politics , and religious circles , such as the religious apologetics crowds. Like minded people tend to mostly stick to one another .

Reactions: Homo erectus
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
No, i wouldn't call it an echo chamber. Just a safe place where like minded people speak their mind and discuss all things on the matter of suicide. The term suicide might be repeatedly used but considering the nature of the site you can't really avoid that and i doubt that repetitiveness makes it an echo chamber but english isn't my first language so.....

For full transparency, here is a different perspective though, according to this academic paper this forum is an echo chamber and it does reinforce ideas regarding suicide due to the fact that we all more or less agree on the right to die as an ethical issue but they also didn't find any evidence of suicide incitement. That's a scientific assessement.
I think by far that paper did a more objective and educated assessment on SaSu than any of the unresearched and biased claims out there.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and RainAndSadness
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
Not really. We're all pro-choice, but beyond that members here disagree on a fair amount (promortalism, antinatalism, the age at which one should be able to decide to die, etc.). Sure, you don't encounter pro-life argumentation here, but maybe that's because there's not much pro-life argumentation that exists in general— since our existence as biological beings is enough of a case for living, for most of us (and I'm inclined to think the pro-life posts that do get removed don't have much substance to them anyway). Potentially valid reasons not to commit suicide (the impact it has on others, the possibility of recovery, and so on) are discussed here.

There are a fair amount of pessimistic vent threads but these are being posted by a small subset of members, and most people here don't spurn life (as a whole) as a principle anyway, so…

Last edited:
Reactions: Whale_bones, bipbapbop and Deleted member 65988
B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
Not really. We're all pro-choice, but beyond that members here disagree on a fair amount (promortalism, antinatalism, the age at which one should be able to decide to die, etc.). Sure, you don't encounter pro-life argumentation here, but maybe that's because there's not much pro-life argumentation that exists in general— since our existence as biological beings is enough of a case for living, for most of us (and I'm inclined to think the pro-life posts that do get removed don't have much substance to them anyway). But potentially valid reasons not to commit suicide (the impact it has on others, the possibility of recovery, and so on) are discussed here.

There are a fair amount of pessimistic vent threads but these are being posted by a small subset of members, and most people here don't spurn life (as a whole) out of principle anyway, so…
I agree! The only common thread I see on SaSu is being open to CTB. Otherwise, it does feel like a group of people with different opinions and ideas coming together to share our thoughts on CTB in a safe space.

Reactions: Homo erectus
D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
i just want a SN source but all these acronyms and gatekeeping is not exactly open and welcoming