P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Do you celebrate Easter? Do plan to do anything on the coming Easter Weekend? Do you make Easter eggs? Good / bad memories from the past?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Callie Arcale, LoiteringClouds and 3 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I don't celebrate.
I'm not religious, so it doesn't make sense.

However, I consider this holiday much more pleasant than Christmas. It's much calmer. When I was younger, I really liked going to church with a basket to bless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Callie Arcale, Circles and 1 other person
justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
Some family will come over, not looking forward to it at all :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Callie Arcale, Circles and 1 other person
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I did Easter egg hunting when I was a kid, not so much these days

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Callie Arcale, Yavannah and 2 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
when I was a kid yes

but now no, but I do look forward to all the free candy and chocolates and limited editions candies and the chocolate and candy sales at various stores after the holiday is over

Reactions: Callie Arcale, LoiteringClouds, Circles and 1 other person
C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
sales at various stores after the holiday is over
Haha, yes, this. Off to the supermarket on Mon for half price chocolate!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Circles, psp3000 and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
@Agon321 @Malaria I did that, too. When I was a kid
@psp3000 I'm not so much into sweets but honestly a chocolate Easter rabbit would be nice :-)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1, Agon321, Circles and 2 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
@Agon321 @Malaria I did that, too. When I was a kid
@psp3000 I'm not so much into sweets but honestly a chocolate Easter rabbit would be nice :-)
I used to get a chocolate rabbit every Easter in my basket

I absolutely hate when companies charge you a lot for a chocolate rabbit just for it to be hollow rather than chocolate all the way through ! so I guess you have to knock on them before buying them just to make sure

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Praestat_Mori and Circles
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Jesus was hanged today.

Easter is always difficult for me as Christmas is. Don't know what it is. I just feel very sad and lonely and lost.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I'm not religious so I don't celebrate Easter in that way. However, I'd always eat Easter eggs or bunnies during this time. My grandma would buy too much of them and tell us to keep quiet. She would hide them in pots, it was always so much fun to find them. She never forgot about us, she always knew what sweets we liked even though she never learned to read. I miss her a lot, she was so special, she truly loved us.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Kit1, ColorlessTrees and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I really don't give a damn about Easter but I think Peeps are delicious and the South Park episode about it which parodied the Da Vinci Code was also pretty funny.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
MortalityScares

MortalityScares

Here for perspective.
Mar 28, 2024
My family isn't necessarily religious, yet we still celebrate. I guess its just the norm. Though, my Mom's side comes from protestants. So I guess thats where it stems from

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Meteora and Praestat_Mori
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Wizard
Sep 21, 2022
Yes I'm Christian and family celebrate it but I still have the suicidal mind.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Kit1, Meteora and 1 other person
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
Yeah I'll celebrate it with some friends. Not really religious but it's nevertheless quite nice. I just remembered there actually is a bad memory of eastern damn I accidentally killed a baby chicken when I was like 5 or 6? And then I just buried it and never told anyone. Still kinda sorry til this day, but it was really not on purpose.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Gonna celebrate with a couple fellow Christology-nerds, haven't done anything for it since I was a kid, and it should be pretty chill/ It's a new place so I'll be anxious but other than that I think it'll be a really great time =]

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I am not religious. I usually buy Easter eggs for the children and organised easter egg hunts since they were young. This year, we have stopped doing that and just bought lots of normal chocolates and spending the money gor the children to out to mini golf and other activities that they enjoy.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori and 3/4Dead
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I did the usual nothing, but I'm going to miss a concert cuz the only people I know who would want to go had Easter plans. ;-;;-;;-;

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't know why religion is such a big part of society. I'm atheist born and raised, but when I was little, I went to the Easter egg hunts and decorated eggs. My family is Asian by the way; I don't know why we celebrated Western/white traditions as well. I guess in Rome, do as the Romans do. My mom is a big fan of Christianity; she loves to visit churches and cathedrals. I don't know what my dad is, but he believes in God and he got mad at me for saying that God didn't exist. He said that I lacked "faith" and "belief". There are Holy Bibles in my house so I should have known…

Last edited:
  • Hugs
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
luckily my family is atheist, so we never have to do any religious stuff, which i find kinda stupid ngl.
anyway happy trans visibility day everybody 🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️

Last edited:
  • Hugs