V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
Try a different position, iirc it's better below Adam's apple and press with thumbs
Do that laying down though, so if you pass out you don't injure yourself
Kept trying but all that happened was that I closed off the airways and started choking. I'm pressing the right thumb facing inwards at around an away from the spinal cord. Same with the left. I could feel my pulse but I went for over 30 seconds without and couldn't pass out and just choked. What am I doing wrong

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Kept trying but all that happened was that I closed off the airways and started choking. I'm pressing the right thumb facing inwards at around an away from the spinal cord. Same with the left. I could feel my pulse but I went for over 30 seconds without and couldn't pass out and just choked. What am I doing wrong
Try pressing down towards the spine. And avoid pressing on the trachea, that might be what caused the choking. This method is kind of tough to pull off, I had more luck choking myself with a rope by hand

V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
Try pressing down towards the spine. And avoid pressing on the trachea, that might be what caused the choking. This method is kind of tough to pull off, I had more luck choking myself with a rope by hand
I was pushing inward and down earlier which may be why. Well I'll try your tip
I honestly have no idea now. Tried for a minute straight and definently felt blood leaving my head but nothing. Still couldn't breath the entire time

Last edited:
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
I was pushing inward and down earlier which may be why. Well I'll try your tip

I honestly have no idea now. Tried for a minute straight and definently felt blood leaving my head but nothing. Still couldn't breath the entire time
You might be pressing too hard. There's a gold spot between compressing arteries and the trachea. That's what I meant by practice, it can take a while to figure out the correct spot and pressure

V

v91f

Sep 25, 2023
You might be pressing too hard. There's a gold spot between compressing arteries and the trachea. That's what I meant by practice, it can take a while to figure out the correct spot and pressure
Alright well I'll update you if I manage to find that ideal pressure

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Some useful links:
Thread on partial hanging
Video about "syphon" effect, basically a demonstration of partial hanging

Sadly wasn't able to find the thread where I found info about the thumb pressing thing, it may have been deleted due to server being down

Reactions: FutureHanger