• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
just curious what the earliest memory you have is and how old you were when it happened?
Mine was 2 weeks before I turned 2. I was eating lunch with my grandparents when my grampa had a heart attack and his face landed in the butter. I remember my gramma calling 911 and giving him cpr the paramedics coming in to cart him away. He died shortly thereafter.

Reactions: mattwitt, Circles and Redt2go
E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
I was 2. Waiting with my father in the car for my mother to run back up and get something from home. I know I was 2 because of where we lived then.

DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
I was 2. Waiting with my father in the car for my mother to run back up and get something from home. I know I was 2 because of where we lived then.
That's an interesting memory. Most memories I have heard from that young were either traumatic or something extremely exciting for them like a birthday party, a new baby sibling, or getting a puppy.
Was there anything significant about the memory? Or os it just one of those random ones??

E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
That's an interesting memory. Most memories I have heard from that young were either traumatic or something extremely exciting for them like a birthday party, a new baby sibling, or getting a puppy.
Was there anything significant about the memory? Or os it just one of those random ones??
Just a random one. Maybe I have blocked some others out.

Reactions: DrownedOctopus
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Fell off my crib and landed my head on the hardwood, got a huge swelling on my forehead.

justabouttobedone

justabouttobedone

No Longer Human
Feb 21, 2019
Mine is a little tragic memory. There was a severe earthquake in the place where I live, thousands died, hundreds of thousands of people lost their homes. Luckily, our home didn't collapse that day. I was 3 y.o. by the way.

Reactions: Random and Kikoo Loool
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I was 3 or 4 and it was of my mom standing in the kitchen with her back to me looking out the window and crying.

Reactions: TheCrow
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
I'm in the living room, the record player was playing some music. It's a winter evening, it's night, through the window I see the stars and also the 11th century castle of my native town.
We moved from this house when I was 3, thus I was a bit younger than that.
There is nothing traumatic in this memory, on the contrary it's full childhood innocence and happiness.

Reactions: Random
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
just curious what the earliest memory you have is and how old you were when it happened?
Mine was 2 weeks before I turned 2. I was eating lunch with my grandparents when my grampa had a heart attack and his face landed in the butter. I remember my gramma calling 911 and giving him cpr the paramedics coming in to cart him away. He died shortly thereafter.
To be honest, due to the vast majority of my childhood centering around severe abuse, most memories from 4th grade down are gone. I have flashbacks though so I'll try to piece them together. My oldest technical memory (I think this happened but I'm not sure) was me, very young, standing in a hall crying. My mom, I remember her blonde hair and a thin body kneeling on one knee in front of me apologizing for something.
My earliest memory I KNOW happened was my father dragging me out of my church because I was leaning with my elbows onto the seats in front of me, beating me, throwing me against the fence and pinning me there for a bit (my memory goes blank here) but he then proceeded to throw me inside his car and leave me there for the rest of church. My grandmother came out and had to drag me back to him cause I kept screaming no.

DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
I'm sorry to hear so many of your memories revolve around that! You in no way deserved it, and I've always been disgusted with those that could even think of harming a child let alone actually doing it and what sounds like continuously. I hope you're in a safer situation.
Thank you for sharing

Reactions: Random and justabouttobedone
DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
Mine is a little tragic memory. There was a severe earthquake in the place where I live, thousands died, hundreds of thousands of people lost their homes. Luckily, our home didn't collapse that day. I was 3 y.o. by the way.
That is tragic! I can't imagine having to go through that, especially so young.

Reactions: justabouttobedone
DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
I was 3 or 4 and it was of my mom standing in the kitchen with her back to me looking out the window and crying.
How sad. It's curious the things that impact us enough to rmember years later.

DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
I'm in the living room, the record player was playing some music. It's a winter evening, it's night, through the window I see the stars and also the 11th century castle of my native town.
We moved from this house when I was 3, thus I was a bit younger than that.
There is nothing traumatic in this memory, on the contrary it's full childhood innocence and happiness.
That sounds like a sweet memory. It's nice knowing some people have very nice ones as their first!

Reactions: Kikoo Loool
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I must have been about 3 but I think my earliest childhood memory is me standing on a step stool and taking all the toothbrushes by the bathroom sink and trying to put them all down the drain

DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
I must have been about 3 but I think my earliest childhood memory is me standing on a step stool and taking all the toothbrushes by the bathroom sink and trying to put them all down the drain
That's funny. Pesky kids lol
I like this one

Reactions: mattwitt
goxua

goxua

Student
Jan 28, 2019
At 17 months old, being at the doorway with my mother carrying my baby sister in.

And a few months afterwards on a holiday abroad. I remember flinching from a hot railing of a staircase burnt by the summer sun, then being lead by my grandmother to a treat of an chocolate ice-cream sundae with a cherry on top. I remember feeling so upset as I hated chocolate ice-cream and still do to this day.

Everyone doubted that memory I had, till about twenty years later an extended relative posted a very upset me - pout and tears - aged almost two, sitting behind an untouched chocolate sundae.

Last edited:
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I can't remember hardly anything before age 6. It might be that it's too painful to remember and I get angry about those times if I do remember. There were some good memories but they are overshadowed by the bad stuff.

DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
At 17 months old, being at the doorway with my mother carrying my baby sister in.

And a few months afterwards on a holiday abroad. I remember flinching from a hot railing of a staircase burnt by the summer sun, then being lead by my grandmother to a treat of an chocolate ice-cream sundae with a cherry on top. I remember feeling so upset as I hated chocolate ice-cream and still do to this day.

Everyone doubted that memory I had, till about twenty years later an extended relative posted a very upset me aged almost two, sitting before an untouched chocolate sundae.
I think you're the first person I've met that doesn't enjoy chocolate! I've also had people underestimate mine as well until my family confirmed that it actually happened.
I don't know why it's so hard to believe you have memories from a very very young age.

Reactions: goxua
DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
I can't remember hardly anything before age 6. It might be that it's too painful to remember and I get angry about those times if I do remember. There were some good memories but they are overshadowed by the bad stuff.
I'm sorry to hear that. I don't want to put you through any more pain by asking you to remember either. I hope you were able to create happier memories later on

goxua

goxua

Student
Jan 28, 2019
I think you're the first person I've met that doesn't enjoy chocolate! I've also had people underestimate mine as well until my family confirmed that it actually happened.
I don't know why it's so hard to believe you have memories from a very very young age.

I know, it's pretty uncommon. I prefer fruity flavours like peach, or boozy like rum and raisin or just straight vanilla bean or flor di latte. But cheese is my absolute favorite!

If I make gelati for my family, they normally always want chocolate so I'll make it for them .

And people are weird. Seriously for years I recounted that memory and the debates I'd find myself in with people bleeting that it was simply impossible to remember that far back. Almost as if they were jealous that I had that memory or something. Ridiculous

DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
I know, it's pretty uncommon. I prefer fruity flavours like peach, or boozy like rum and raisin or just straight vanilla bean or flor di latte. But cheese is my absolute favorite!

If I make gelati for my family, they normally always want chocolate so I'll make it for them .

And people are weird. Seriously for years I recounted that memory and the debates I'd find myself in with people bleeting that it was simply impossible to remember that far back. Almost as if they were jealous that I had that memory or something. Ridiculous
Very interesting and different! I like that in people.
I can imagine the conversations you must have had over that. I know there are quite a number of people out there that just consider it impossible and anyone that proves otherwise is a liar.
Thank you very much for sharing

Reactions: goxua
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Pre-school, so maybe 4yrs old. I recall contemplating how large the lockers were relative to me.

Reactions: Kikoo Loool and DrownedOctopus
DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
Pre-school, so maybe 4yrs old. I recall contemplating how large the lockers were relative to me.
The world IS such a large place to someone so small. That's a cute memory

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that. I don't want to put you through any more pain by asking you to remember either. I hope you were able to create happier memories later on
Yes and no, I had some good times in life but I'd say it has been mostly a disaster lol!

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I have a memory from when I was 3 of looking at my feet, being very impressed by some slippers I was wearing that had an image of Thomas the Tank Engine...