Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
I have read many stories about it being common in Japan for older hikikomori to die of starvation after their parents die.

Would slowly killing yourself of starvation or dehydration be a good way to CTB?

• Hugs
Reactions: Neptunette, Some place nice and Praestat_Mori
loser098

loser098

Nov 16, 2023
You're looking at a minimum of a few days to expire. In my opinion, it isn't a good way to go. Sounds unnecessarily painful.

Reactions: myusername890, ShotgunShell, Hikikomori1 and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Imo not. No way this could ever be peaceful besides that it needs days or weeks and it will so hard not to eat or drink sth.

Reactions: myusername890 and Hikikomori1
underthedatetree

underthedatetree

Oct 20, 2023
After a week or a little over hunger pangs go away, as if your brain can tell you're not listening to the signals to eat and stops bothering to send them. But near the end, the pain returns, its last ditch effort.

zrh389

zrh389

Nov 12, 2023
It seems a long and painful way, unless you really mind pooping yourself upon death

• Yay!
Reactions: kaytor
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
Painfully slow and possibly one of the worst way to go. You can find many resources on the forum that show definitely better ways of ctbing.
If it is as common as you say, it just goes to show how severe the hikikomori syndrome can be.

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
It will take a long time if you keep drinking water, could last weeks. And not drinking water is one of the hardest things. You can look up threads here about people trying this method, most don't last without drinking water and eating for longer than a week. Survival instinct will kick in quickly and strongly. Your body will unfortunately keep fighting at all costs to keep working.

• Informative
Reactions: jar-baby, Hikikomori1 and SmollMushroom
daydreams

daydreams

Nov 14, 2023
You will die from dehydration and hyponatremia, that's gonna be very painful
I have experienced similar thing

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my opinion it sounds unbearable and torturous to try and succeed with. I'd personally prefer the dying process to be over quickly.

kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
That's gonna be really painful. At the same time I doubt you'd have the willpower to starve yourself for months unless you're locked up in some room with no safety exit.

B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
You're looking at a minimum of a few days to expire. In my opinion, it isn't a good way to go. Sounds unnecessarily painful.
Weeks, more like - unless you stop drinking too.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Trust me on this - I have tried it though not necessarily intentionally to end my life. But it is ecmxtremely pain and excruciatingly slow. Mine is related directly to trauma when I dmgintgrough episodes of not eating or sometimes not eating or drinking. But it is seriously painful and difficult.

bettertosleep

bettertosleep

May 3, 2023
starving is one of the most painful ways to go to me. i have an eating disorder and i feel so tired and unable to do anything after fasting for less than 10 days, so i can't imagine what you would feel like if you didnt eat for weeks