• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
DXM works on glutamate like ketamine. They have put it in combo with bupropion in a new anti-depressant called Auvelity.

I haven't tried it before but just took 120 mg of DXM in cough syrup (the one I have is 7.5mg of DXM per teaspoon. I'm hoping it gets me out of bed to tidy a cupboard. Been another unproductive day. This article says 150mg can give a few days off depression. I'll report back…It can apparently be addictive and in large doses hallucinatory etc so handle with care and check contraindications. But here is hoping for a result:

D

dogthebenzohunter

Jan 5, 2023
Yuck! I remember abusing that as a teenager. They don't even sell the cough syrup with dxm in it now. I'll never forget that cherry taste.

If you are gonna do dxm be aware of the plateaus. First and second are fine but after that it can get intense.

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
DXM helps with depression because it shuts down the mind for a few hours. I've done quite a lot of it last year and it definitely can become a crutch, so be careful. But it was also very pleasant and insightful. It showed me how little I truly know about reality and myself and how much more there is to Life than I've been taught or assumed so far. It can really open your mind to new possibilities and yes, it'll definitely give your psychedelic-like effects (it's a dissociative). It can be a very good experience to have for many of us because we're so wrapped up in worrying and controlling life. This can give us a taste of something beyond that.

AscendedBeing

AscendedBeing

Feb 15, 2023
Just brought back a hidden memory of my teenage years when I was on probation and couldn't smoke haha. I never did it with the intent to feel better I just wanted to escape reality completely and that's just what I did with the robo walkng to blacking out and waking up in a different room etc. I personally think mushrooms or a low dose of LSD would be better but that's just my opinion.

D

dogthebenzohunter

Jan 5, 2023
Just brought back a hidden memory of my teenage years when I was on probation and couldn't smoke haha. I never did it with the intent to feel better I just wanted to escape reality completely and that's just what I did with the robo walkng to blacking out and waking up in a different room etc. I personally think mushrooms or a low dose of LSD would be better but that's just my opinion.
100% lol. Low dose lsd or shrooms would be a lot more pleasant too. I'm done with psychedelics though the thought of them scares me

• Love
Reactions: AscendedBeing
AscendedBeing

AscendedBeing

Feb 15, 2023
100% lol. Low dose lsd or shrooms would be a lot more pleasant too. I'm done with psychedelics though the thought of them scares me
I totally get that they'll scare ya into another person for the better if you use them as a tool tho. I'd personally like to try LSD again it's been years since I've done it last let alone any psychedelics. I'm actually trying DMT for the first time soon as it's been on my bucket list for awhile so I may see if i can pick up a few tabs while I'm at it depending on my experience with the spirit molecule.

D

dogthebenzohunter

Jan 5, 2023
I totally get that they'll scare ya into another person for the better if you use them as a tool tho. I'd personally like to try LSD again it's been years since I've done it last let alone any psychedelics. I'm actually trying DMT for the first time soon as it's been on my bucket list for awhile so I may see if i can pick up a few tabs while I'm at it depending on my experience with the spirit molecule.
Wow dmt is meant to be next level. Hope you have a positive trip

• Hugs
Reactions: AscendedBeing