onyx559

onyx559

Hiraeth
Apr 12, 2023
Someone I know who is fairly old (quite old) took in a stray cat last year. She got pregnant but the owner managed to give away all but two. Recently the son got the mom pregnant and I just brought home one of the babies a few days ago and now the son got his sister pregnant.
I live in the PNW it's cold out and as of today most of the roads are iced over. She wants to get rid of ALL of the cats preferably today and if nobody takes them she's just going to dump them outside somewhere. I'm gonna ask her today if she could hold off at least a week so I can post on FB and other social sites because I don't want her to leave them out in the freezing cold. I've been calling shelters all over even going as far as 3 hrs away but they're all full. If I was able to keep them all I would (3 adults, 1 pregnant and 2 kittens) but I can't. Thinking about her dumping them some random place in this weather just makes me tear up.
My thing is, she knew she was old when she took in the first in, I honestly don't think she should've brought her in if this is how she's going to get rid of them since she can't deal with them any longer.

Sorry for venting about cats, my heart is just really torn over this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Why does she have cats if she can't look after them? They should be spayed/neutered. Cat shelters are always full, there's not much chance at short notice.

If you live in the UK the RSPCA might be able to take them at short notice, otherwise you're at the mercy of strangers.