A

AntiBan

Jan 19, 2019
"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" -
This one is really stupid. First off there is no foundation to base this assumption on. Some problems are permanent, such as autism, retardation, some medical conditions etc. Even if ALL problems were temporary it doesn't mean they just end. If a person can predict a future full of suffering, the fact the his problems are changing does not negate the fact he's going to suffer and he'll still be unable to utilize his life and existence. If a person is swarmed by problems and hardships and suffers throughout his entire life it means he's always suffering, be it by one or a thousand different problems. Suffering is the parameter that matters for considering suicide, not the quantity of problems.

"What about your parents and family?" -
Well, my parents have brought me to this world and forced me to exist and thus initiated my suffering, they do not own me. As far as family in general goes, it is unfortunate but it applies to everything. Will you tell a judge not to send a person to jail just because his parents will be devastated by it? And if he killed dozens of people, will you prevent just from being made just for the mere comfort of certain people? Again, making people uncomfortable and sad is caused by many things, both just and unjust. It can not be used as an argument.

"Maybe his life will improve!" -
This one has some truth to it. I don't believe every single person, at least now I don't, should just kill himself for no reason. However, I do fully support at least considering suicide when a person's path looks dark and full of future suffering. The point about suicide is stopping suffering, stopping the pain.
Sometimes it is true, but not always. If a person has for example a severe illness that is not yet known to be curable and HAS suffered for 40 years with that said illness(he's 40 years old), in that case he's statistically finished about half of his life, more or less depending on various statistics according to countries. All he's known is suffering, and it is unlikely he'll be able to solve it as modern medicine does not allow it.
In his case it is a FACT that he's known a lot of suffering, it is not a fact he will not suffer and it is actually likely he will continue to do so until his very own death. Likewise, not everybody completes challenges.

Will you blame a person for not fighting in war to achieve something? Let me ask you this, if a person has to suffer immensely for two full years and as a result he will indulge and enjoy for 90 years afterwards, but at the time of his suffering - He will have to go through things like actual torture, terrifying real life nightmares and others horrendous forms of suffering. Will you blame that said person for failing and for giving up? (but he'll enjoy!) Well, it's too much.

If you've any counter-points to add you may do so.

Reactions: Redt2go, siray, ThisIsTheEnd and 6 others
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
They want to sell themselves more than they do us.

It's to keep themselves going. They're afraid they'll be convinced by us that they should join us. Happy lives are built on a fragile facade of bullshit, you know. We really challenge it. They really hate it.

Reactions: Redt2go, EmotionlessWanderer, Lifeisatrap and 3 others
TheRiverStyz

TheRiverStyz

Yes, that’s a typo.
Jan 16, 2019
I'm seeing a pattern on my responses to many of the threads here. I realize the only thing still keeping me around is the guilt to the people around me. Not my parents, because we don't talk, but my boyfriend and his family. I'm scared that they'll hate me, but I know that he'll be well taken care of. He's a neurotypical, he's well adjusted and he has friends. It makes me angry because it shouldn't matter, but it still does.

Reactions: Redt2go, Lifeisatrap, Final Escape and 2 others

1964dodge

Student
Sep 19, 2018
"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" -
This one is really stupid. First off there is no foundation to base this assumption on. Some problems are permanent, such as autism, retardation, some medical conditions etc. Even if ALL problems were temporary it doesn't mean they just end. If a person can predict a future full of suffering, the fact the his problems are changing does not negate the fact he's going to suffer and he'll still be unable to utilize his life and existence. If a person is swarmed by problems and hardships and suffers throughout his entire life it means he's always suffering, be it by one or a thousand different problems. Suffering is the parameter that matters for considering suicide, not the quantity of problems.

"What about your parents and family?" -
Well, my parents have brought me to this world and forced me to exist and thus initiated my suffering, they do not own me. As far as family in general goes, it is unfortunate but it applies to everything. Will you tell a judge not to send a person to jail just because his parents will be devastated by it? And if he killed dozens of people, will you prevent just from being made just for the mere comfort of certain people? Again, making people uncomfortable and sad is caused by many things, both just and unjust. It can not be used as an argument.

"Maybe his life will improve!" -
This one has some truth to it. I don't believe every single person, at least now I don't, should just kill himself for no reason. However, I do fully support at least considering suicide when a person's path looks dark and full of future suffering. The point about suicide is stopping suffering, stopping the pain.
Sometimes it is true, but not always. If a person has for example a severe illness that is not yet known to be curable and HAS suffered for 40 years with that said illness(he's 40 years old), in that case he's statistically finished about half of his life, more or less depending on various statistics according to countries. All he's known is suffering, and it is unlikely he'll be able to solve it as modern medicine does not allow it.
In his case it is a FACT that he's known a lot of suffering, it is not a fact he will not suffer and it is actually likely he will continue to do so until his very own death. Likewise, not everybody completes challenges.

Will you blame a person for not fighting in war to achieve something? Let me ask you this, if a person has to suffer immensely for two full years and as a result he will indulge and enjoy for 90 years afterwards, but at the time of his suffering - He will have to go through things like actual torture, terrifying real life nightmares and others horrendous forms of suffering. Will you blame that said person for failing and for giving up? (but he'll enjoy!) Well, it's too much.

If you've any counter-points to add you may do so.
the only thing I would add for not doing it or not doing it until you're sure of method. since most attempts fail and can leave you a lot worse off be careful about method and reason. if sure of success then I agree with you. I suffer chronic pain and severe copd and mental health issues so I go back and forth yes and no got talked out of it once and my wife caught and stopped me once

Reactions: Lifeisatrap