BlackEyedDog

BlackEyedDog

Mage
May 6, 2024
I've done shrooms in the past, but that was when I was in much better mental place.
I would kinda like to do them again, as I've heard it can help with depression, plus it was fun.
But at the same time, I feel like going into it while in a bad headspace is just an awful idea.
Thoughs?
if u do, do it carefully. having a friend that's not taking it, acting as support or a guide for example. i know a few people who had rough experiences but those were extremely helpful experiences. meaning experiences that let them see things about themselves they didn't like but in a safer way, like watching yourself, a forgiving way, and seeing there are things they wanted to change. Others it helped for grieving/mourning the loss of a loved one. it's not all about the euphoria. done carefully, in a safe space with people you feel safe with. it can help you process things.
Even wellbutrin, with DXM? Benzos? Propanolol? Off-label stuff like naltrexone? Esketamine/ketamine? Mushrooms? Sativa? Good luck💛
I know it was joking, but wellbutrin is not an SSRI, its meant to be more of an 'activating' type med. Wellbutrin for example would not suppress the effects of psylocibin, but while taking sertraline (and other SSRIs) very much would.

Last edited:
Placo

Placo

Life and Death
Feb 14, 2024
I know it was joking, but wellbutrin is not an SSRI, its meant to be more of an 'activating' type med. Wellbutrin for example would not suppress the effects of psylocibin, but while taking sertraline (and other SSRIs) very much would.
Yes, Wellbutrin is an NDRI.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I'm currently on Prozac and Buspar, both on low dosage. I find them helpful (particularly the Buspar). I started Prozac when I first joined SaSu. At that time I was really distressed by my ctb ideation. I feel SaSu helped more than the Prozac. I'm thinking to request getting off it soon.

Recreationally, I currently use cannabis and alcohol regularly. I'm very fond of MDMA, LSD, mushrooms, and DMT. I don't do them often though and need to be conscious of my mindset when doing so. When I was young I did a lot of inhalants - nitrous, and huffing stuff I shouldn't lol

I wish I could get access to benzos. I had access to Valium in the past and it really helped my anxiety the best.

ScC

ScC

Dang3rT0Lif3
Jun 30, 2024
My drug of choice was triple c's aka cough medicine. I misused coricidin cough and cold for 8 years. I loved the feeling of tripping. The more I would take the different experiences I would have. Twice in my use of the drug dxm, I had out of body experiences. I was always trying to achieve another. I was shocked when I found an off brand for $2. An 8 hour trip was so cheap and easy to obtain. I was definitely addicted for a long time. Any other drug I used never amounted to that feeling and trust me I tried everything including methamphetamine.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
Placo

Placo

Life and Death
Feb 14, 2024
I would like to try bupropion again.
However, I fear that the activation could be negative and therefore transform into anxiety, anger and things like that and so I don't know what to do, maybe it's better to just have cariprazine.

My drug of choice was triple c's aka cough medicine. I misused coricidin cough and cold for 8 years. I loved the feeling of tripping. The more I would take the different experiences I would have. Twice in my use of the drug dxm, I had out of body experiences. I was always trying to achieve another. I was shocked when I found an off brand for $2. An 8 hour trip was so cheap and easy to obtain. I was definitely addicted for a long time. Any other drug I used never amounted to that feeling and trust me I tried everything including methamphetamine.
I just found out that DXM along with bupropion is sold as an antidepressant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextromethorphan/bupropion

Last edited:
Placo

Placo

Life and Death
Feb 14, 2024
At the moment I'm on paroxetine, bupropion and mirtazapine, I even tried Abilify one day but it didn't convince me much in terms of effect, I'm evaluating whether it's appropriate to add more, we're up to 3 antidepressants, plus cariprazine, obviously I take sedatives to calm the negative activation .

Last edited:
Placo

Placo

Life and Death
Feb 14, 2024
I have a difficult relationship with nicotine, it's true that it helps to sedate me but I've noticed that it makes my depression and even OCD worse, but it's the only thing I have to calm me down instantly, benzos take a while.

Placo

Placo

Life and Death
Feb 14, 2024
I don't like the effect of bupropion, the psychiatrist told me to stop taking it because I was taking it at a low dosage and so it did little anyway but I have to say that it still didn't have the desired effect, I was hoping it would give me motivation and energy, maybe it did a little, but I also got side effects like agitation and a tendency to paranoia.

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Mushrooms are my current love. A wonderful tool to investigate one's psyche, paired brilliantly with yoga and meditation.

S

sovcat

Jun 20, 2024
Going through a second attempt at microdosing shrooms. The first time, over one month, I felt nothing.

I'm pretty discouraged ngl. I'm hoping for some sort of breakthrough, but there's absolutely nothing happening. I feel like I'm out of options for a breakthrough.

LittleMoose

LittleMoose

~When I die, I'll keep the angels by your side~
Aug 2, 2024
I'm currently on Spravato! It initially helped me a lot with motivation and energy. But like everything else, it eventually stopped working. I also went through many different psych meds to try and find the right one. I started taking Paxil and it actually helped me a lot. But then I started getting these terrible headaches, so bad that all I could do is pace and cry. Come to find out, the Paxil was likely causing me to have these headaches, which was diagnosed as RCVS. It also caused me to have multiple strokes, all at the ripe age of 24 years old.

Placo

Placo

Life and Death
Feb 14, 2024
I'm currently on Spravato! It initially helped me a lot with motivation and energy. But like everything else, it eventually stopped working. I also went through many different psych meds to try and find the right one. I started taking Paxil and it actually helped me a lot. But then I started getting these terrible headaches, so bad that all I could do is pace and cry. Come to find out, the Paxil was likely causing me to have these headaches, which was diagnosed as RCVS. It also caused me to have multiple strokes, all at the ripe age of 24 years old.
I'm sorry for your bad experience with Paxil and for your situation in general, I've been taking it for years and all in all it manages to at least get me out of bed, even with me at the beginning it worked like a miracle, I'd like to try it too Spravato and the psychiatrist also seemed convinced but in the end he opted for lurasidone.

Maybe it's the next choice if this doesn't work, for now it seems like a little bit does.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
www.erowid.org
www.psychonautwiki.com
www.bluelight.org

Just going to leave these resources here :)

Always remember to practice harm reduction (and if you're someone who uses drugs and you don't know what this means, I strongly encourage reading up on and familiarizing oneself)

Safe journeys 🧙‍♂️⛺😵‍💫🌀

Reactions: Placo
LittleMoose

LittleMoose

~When I die, I'll keep the angels by your side~
Aug 2, 2024
I'm sorry for your bad experience with Paxil and for your situation in general, I've been taking it for years and all in all it manages to at least get me out of bed, even with me at the beginning it worked like a miracle, I'd like to try it too Spravato and the psychiatrist also seemed convinced but in the end he opted for lurasidone.

Maybe it's the next choice if this doesn't work, for now it seems like a little bit does.
Spravato could definitely be helpful for you. But what are your expectations with it? Because my friend was essentially hoping for a spiritual experience when she did it (the IV kind), but that's just not realistic. It's definitely possible to have a soft of spiritual experience in the sense that it can help with connecting with yourself a little easier. Also, you probably already know this, but you do need a driver to take you from the appointments. That's something you should know initially, but no one told me until right before the actual process lol. Let me know if you ever have any questions :)

Reactions: Placo
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I have been on Hydromorphone for almost 10 years now. Also, I have Lyrica, and I use Buprenorphine.

I have never tried any street drugs nor weed. Back in the 1970's LSD was big and I had a friend who used it a lot and watching him totally freak out on it made me super scared and then never wanted to try anything.

The state that I live in here in the U.S., weed is legal and at least for me weed is no different than having a bottle of beer. Just do not toke and then drive and hurt someone else is all. Never tried weed as the smell is something that I cannot stand, and I cannot take THC capsules as I have stomach ulcers.

Hugs and love to everyone here always.

Walter

• Informative
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
notwhereIbelong

notwhereIbelong

I'm so tired
Feb 12, 2023
If we're counting light stuff like nicotine, then that is definitely my most taken drug, been going almost then years and I'm a pretty heavy smoker. I also used to be big on alcohol, but I've quit drinking alone for quite a while now, I only do it socially.

I also used to be a stoner in high school, then I had a pretty bad episode while high some years ago, that plus the fact that I just wasn't enjoying the feeling anymore made me quit. Just this year I began smoking again only in social settings.

For prescription, I'm currently on venlafaxine and aripiprazole. I also used to be on prozac, but I think venlafaxine has helped me more, despite the withdrawals when I forget to take one. The aripiprazole I don't feel does much, if anything at all.

I used to be prescribed xanax as well, I was big on it in high school; got it prescribed again some years later, but I couldn't feel good on it any more, it would only make me drowsy, so I quit. I recently picked it up again despite not having a prescription (I had a stash lying around) and it's making me feel good again, despite the memory gaps. I love the feeling of pure relaxation I get. I have an appointment with my psych in a couple of weeks and I'm really hoping to get it prescribed again.

I also used to be on olanzapine, and I have so much bad stuff to say about it. I was prescribed it for anxiety, and other than making me gain 30kg (as someone here already mentioned), when I have a history with restrictive eating/body dysmorphia/a straight up eating disorder, so not great for my mental health; it also just made me really irritable, I was ready to blow up for every minor thing. I've been much calmer since I was taken off of it. Granted, the weight gain issue was mostly related to my ED, but gaining 30kg out of nowhere still isn't nice. And even without the weight gain, despite it being an antipsychotic I'm pretty sure it just made me more psychotic and volatile.

Admittedly I've never dabbled with hard drugs, mostly for money reasons, I have friends who do so I know it's expensive, and I just don't have the money for it. Even if I did, I'm still on the fence on whether I'd do it or not. I tend to get addicted easily, and especially now that I'm trying to stay alive for once, it's maybe not the best idea. That said, I'd be curious to try shrooms and MDMA, perhaps a bit of coke too, why not.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere