N

noname37

Sep 10, 2024
If I jumped into a river with a backpack and two 30 lbs weights inside would I drown realistically? How likely would it be? How peaceful would it be? I have a pretty high pain tolerance. I'm 200 lbs 5'9 as of the moment.

Thank you to anyone who answers.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
If you can swim, you would likely ditch the weight and try to reach the surface because drowning induces some of the worst panic a human can experience. Survival instinct will make your body respond to this terror and regret the attempt and try to save itself.

• Aww..
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Tac0Johnz, noname37 and 1 other person
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Yeah 60lbs should do it just fine. How are you attaching them though? Once you reach the panic stage your conscious mind turns off and your SI will do ANYTHING to save your life, so if all that means is wriggling out of a backpack, then that's what will happen.

Also take note of how deep the river is and what the current is like.

You'll have about 1-3 minutes of terror and pain before you reach a state of zen-like peace and then pass out.

• Aww..
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and noname37
N

noname37

Sep 10, 2024
If you can swim, you would likely ditch the weight and try to reach the surface because drowning induces some of the worst panic a human can experience. Survival instinct will make your body respond to this terror and regret the attempt and try to save itself.
Yeah. That's what I thought. I would just do the rope but I'm having a tough time being alone to do it. And I gave a way my SN like an idiot. It seems like most people who do this method find some way to tie themselves to something.

I'm not even really scared about the pain at this point, I just want a guaranteed way to do it.

N

noname37

Sep 10, 2024
Yeah 60lbs should do it just fine. How are you attaching them though? Once you reach the panic stage your conscious mind turns off and your SI will do ANYTHING to save your life, so if all that means is wriggling out of a backpack, then that's what will happen.

Also take note of how deep the river is and what the current is like.

You'll have about 1-3 minutes of terror and pain before you reach a state of zen-like peace and then pass out.
I meant that I would jump in the water with the weights behind my back. But as the other person said, I would probably subconsciously take it off as soon as I go into the water. I'm honestly not really sure of the proper way to do this method. I'm just thinking of all the possible methods I would have.

I know this probably isn't much but the worst pain I've ever felt was having a kidney stone, and honestly that wasn't so bad for me at all.

I was trying to do the rope but I'm having a hard time trying to find a good spot for it.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Idk about the feasability, but I know for sure it won't be peaceful at all. Research this method thoroughly.

Reactions: noname37
N

noname37

Sep 10, 2024
Idk about the feasability, but I know for sure it won't be peaceful at all. Research this method thoroughly.
I don't doubt it, honestly not really concerned about the pain that much. Just want something that's guaranteed to work

L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
If you can find a way to padlock the backpack carrying the weight to your body so you can't get it off, I think you'll pretty be much done.

Don't really recommended going out this way though. Might be quick but that struggle is not going to be fun.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and noname37
N

noname37

Sep 10, 2024
If you can find a way to padlock the backpack carrying the weight to your body so you can't get it off, I think you'll pretty be much done.

Don't really recommended going out this way though. Might be quick but that struggle is not going to be fun.
Honestly I'm up for pretty much anything at this point as long as it guaranteed works.
I'm more scared of someone finding me. That's the main issue I'm going through right now. Just trying to find a method I can do without people finding me.

Last edited:
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I meant that I would jump in the water with the weights behind my back. But as the other person said, I would probably subconsciously take it off as soon as I go into the water. I'm honestly not really sure of the proper way to do this method. I'm just thinking of all the possible methods I would have.

I know this probably isn't much but the worst pain I've ever felt was having a kidney stone, and honestly that wasn't so bad for me at all.

I was trying to do the rope but I'm having a hard time trying to find a good spot for it.
You may want to consider a really sturdy hiking backpack with lots of buckles, and then you can use zipties and padlocks and whatnot.

kotonearisato

kotonearisato

momento mori
Feb 13, 2024
If I jumped into a river with a backpack and two 30 lbs weights inside would I drown realistically? How likely would it be? How peaceful would it be? I have a pretty high pain tolerance. I'm 200 lbs 5'9 as of the moment.

Thank you to anyone who answers.
My best friend used this method almost 15 years ago. It did work - the body of water she chose was not that large but deep enough, about 20 feet if I'm remembering correctly. Maybe less. It was also a pond, so no current. The backpack she used was one that had a chest buckle, but her note confirmed she'd also taken her normal sleeping prescription before getting into the water, so I think that probably contributed to her success.

Either way, I wish you the best.

• Hugs
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Drowning doesn't give so much physical pain as it does psychological terror.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I'm honestly not really sure of the proper way to do this method. I'm just thinking of all the possible methods I would have.
Have you considered combining drowning with gas asphyxiation? If you displace air from your lungs by something like difluoroethane, you can lose consciousness before drowning and avoid any unpleasant perceptions associated with it.

possessed

possessed

Aug 10, 2024
Have you considered combining drowning with gas asphyxiation? If you displace air from your lungs by something like difluoroethane, you can lose consciousness before drowning and avoid any unpleasant perceptions associated with it.
May you explain in detail how to combine these two things? Never heard of people doing that tbh.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
May you explain in detail how to combine these two things? Never heard of people doing that tbh.
The idea is described here https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/gas-asphyxiation-and-drowning.64887/

Here are examples of documented deaths caused by drowning under the influence of inhaled asphyxiant gases: