• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
If you go on your back the water will hold you and you won't drown, I think when SI kicks in it won't let you drown

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
If you go on your back the water will hold you and you won't drown, I think when SI kicks in it won't let you drown
You're right, survival instinct especially in warm waters... you'd be better off doing it on a cold dark winter's night, with some rocks in your pocket.
Hopefully a shark will eat me then
A good many people survive from shark attacks. Do your method, just work out the kinks. Just like you only live once, you also only die once.

Last edited:
S

sihaam

Oct 10, 2020
You're right, survival instinct especially in warm waters... you'd be better off doing it on a cold dark winter's night, with some rocks in your pocket.
I'm sure if I just lay there I will eventually tire out the the ocean will swallow me

A good many people survive from shark attacks. Do your method, just work out the kinks. Just like you only live once, you also only die once.
I'm sure the universe isn't that cruel.

Last edited:
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I'm sure if I just lay there I will eventually tire out the the ocean will swallow me
I know it sounds good on paper or in the mind. But hear it from a person who has failed multiple times. Nothing is more unexpected then the unexpected. What if someone happens by. What if the current pushes you back ashore. Etc. I'm not telling you to do or not do anything. But the one thing worst then the need to die, is a failed attempt.

The world becomes numb after. And people judge you or condescend you even if you lose the will to follow through. I once swallowed allot of pills, and woke up 5hrs later involuntarily puking. I've cut my wrist so many times that I think I'm immortal. But the worst part is waking up to my shitty life with the added shame. To copious amounts of blood that doesn't come out of carpet. To the sore and stinging arms and the hands that don't work for a couple days.

Every time I tried, it was supposed to be beautiful, symbolic even. A simple peaceful soul fading into that deep dark good night. But every time, I was sent to the great nowhere, I met nothing, was denied, and was brought back. Even more disappointed and even more shamed to the point I have to commit.

What I'm trying to say is dont try if you plan on failing. Because when you do it becomes a life time obsession. And know matter how much you decide you might want to live, you'll always be biding your time.

S

sihaam

Oct 10, 2020
Gee this sounds like a horror story. No way out of this world!
I understand once I commit there is no turning back even if I don't die I'll be dead "spiritually" My only nightmare is my family finding out after my attempts or reincarnation. if I can't die then I'll just sleep that's fine I'll just go live of the grid somewhere and sleep until I starve to death. "Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, the best thing would to have never been born at all". (Heinrich Heine)

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Gee this sounds like a horror story. No way out of this world!
I understand once I commit there is no turning back even if I don't die I'll be dead "spiritually" My only nightmare is my family finding out after my attempts or reincarnation. if I can't die then I'll just sleep that's fine I'll just go live of the grid somewhere and sleep until I starve to death. "Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, the best thing would to have never been born at all". (Heinrich Heine)
That's the most beautiful thing I ever heard. Sometimes I hate my mom for not aborting me, sometimes I hate my dad worse for getting her pregnant.

S

sihaam

Oct 10, 2020
That's the most beautiful thing I ever heard. Sometimes I hate my mom for not aborting me, sometimes I hate my dad worse for getting her pregnant.
I know. At least my parents admit to it all being an accident. At least we are on the same page. They always say "it would have been better to not have kids". I couldn't agree more.
Sorry yo burst your bubble, but drowning is one of the worst ways to CTB.
Enlightenment me then! Why is it so? Ironically, I have a great fear of the ocean just not knowing what lurks beneath frightens me. If I do survive at least I have something to gain and that is overcoming one of my biggest fears.

Last edited:
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020

I mean is there really any good way to ctb.
I plan on getting super drunk on wine, and cutting major arteries with a surgical knife... while I slowly bleed out in a tub full of rose petals, and beautiful scented soaps. With aromatic candles burning dimly in the otherwise dark room and my favorite music playing ever so softly in the background. I'm pretty sure mines is worst.
I know. At least my parents admit to it all being an accident. At least we are on the same page. They always say "it would have been better to not have kids". I couldn't agree more.

Enlightenment me then! Why is it so? Ironically, I have a great fear of the ocean just not knowing what lurks beneath frightens me. If I do survive at least I have something to gain and that is overcoming one of my biggest fears.

So sad to find a kindred spirit in such circumstances...

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I mean is there really any good way to ctb.
I plan on getting super drunk on wine, and cutting major arteries with a surgical knife... while I slowly bleed out in a tub full of rose petals, and beautiful scented soaps. With aromatic candles burning dimly in the otherwise dark room and my favorite music playing ever so softly in the background. I'm pretty sure mines is worst.

So sad to find a kindred spirit in such circumstances...
There are less painful ways to go hun. You going to be in so much pain if you cut your arteries. But if this is the way you wanna go, I gotta respect what you want to do. Have you red the resources compilation here on SS ?

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Cutting is my preferred method... unfortunately the resources guide doesn't support my method. The wine is to reduce the pain. I'm a cutter so I've been practicing for years. It really only hurts when it begins to heal, and of course the initial cut. But I know how much to drink, to not feel anything. Plus, I know a blood thinner cocktail, that can turn a paper cut to a scene from a 1980s horror film.
There are less painful ways to go hun. You going to be in so much pain if you cut your arteries. But if this is the way you wanna go, I gotta respect what you want to do. Have you red the resources compilation here on SS ?
But thanks the support is much appreciated

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I know it sounds good on paper or in the mind. But hear it from a person who has failed multiple times. Nothing is more unexpected then the unexpected. What if someone happens by. What if the current pushes you back ashore. Etc. I'm not telling you to do or not do anything. But the one thing worst then the need to die, is a failed attempt.

The world becomes numb after. And people judge you or condescend you even if you lose the will to follow through. I once swallowed allot of pills, and woke up 5hrs later involuntarily puking. I've cut my wrist so many times that I think I'm immortal. But the worst part is waking up to my shitty life with the added shame. To copious amounts of blood that doesn't come out of carpet. To the sore and stinging arms and the hands that don't work for a couple days.

Every time I tried, it was supposed to be beautiful, symbolic even. A simple peaceful soul fading into that deep dark good night. But every time, I was sent to the great nowhere, I met nothing, was denied, and was brought back. Even more disappointed and even more shamed to the point I have to commit.

What I'm trying to say is dont try if you plan on failing. Because when you do it becomes a life time obsession. And know matter how much you decide you might want to live, you'll always be biding your time.
Antigonish, half a cup of apple cider vinegar and 3 spoons of baking soda will get blood out of the carpet!

N

neverever

Dec 10, 2020
Why is drowning one of the worst ways to CTB? I'm curious because it's always been my first choice.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Why is drowning one of the worst ways to CTB? I'm curious because it's always been my first choice.
They say that drowning and being on fire are the worst based on suffering. Butting respect your decision whatever it may be,

• Hugs
Reactions: neverever
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

I'm not sure it's one of the worst ways to die, but it's very painful. All the testimonies from people who have nearly drowned that I've read have been very clear: it burns terribly when you inhale water. Some people liken it to having burning lava in the lungs.

Reactions: weepingfree
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Antigonish, half a cup of apple cider vinegar and 3 spoons of baking soda will get blood out of the carpet!
Well I was young... it set for some years over multiple attempts. When I moved out my parents just changed the carpet.
I'm not sure it's one of the worst ways to die, but it's very painful. All the testimonies from people who have nearly drowned that I've read have been very clear: it burns terribly when you inhale water. Some people liken it to having burning lava in the lungs.
Sedatives and sleeping pills

HopelessBorderline

HopelessBorderline

Alive but not living
Oct 29, 2020
Isn't pleasant at all.
Somebody local to me jumped from a cliff into the sea. And the jump didn't kill them.
They didn't drown either.
What killed them was being bashed and bashed again against rocks with the waves.
Intestines everywhere that boats had to sive out.
If you're gonna do it, get away from cliff sides, the current/tide will draw you to them.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Isn't pleasant at all.
Somebody local to me jumped from a cliff into the sea. And the jump didn't kill them.
They didn't drown either.
What killed them was being bashed and bashed again against rocks with the waves.
Intestines everywhere that boats had to sive out.
If you're gonna do it, get away from cliff sides, the current/tide will draw you to them.
Oh that poor person what a Horrible way to go, that's shaken me that has.

Reactions: Sensei
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
When drowning we have a natural reflex to panic. Drowning in salt water hurts more than normal water too. You would die with fear, pain, and panic. You don't deserve that. Please consider taking a look at the resources.

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
They say that drowning and being on fire are the worst based on suffering. Butting respect your decision whatever it may be,

So fire is actually low on the pain index. Once it severs your nerve endings you dont feel a thing... also I'm super happy for open support for ones preferred method.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I mean drowning seems like it wouldn't be quick or painless, as you'd be panicking and in severe pain from water filling your lungs iirc.

Might want to find another method.
So fire is actually low on the pain index. Once it severs your nerve endings you dont feel a thing... also I'm super happy for open support for ones preferred method.
Um no, it is quite high on the pain index. On 0-100 agony scale it's 95 and has a long duration.

N

neverever

Dec 10, 2020
Reminds me of the Salem witch trials. If you sink and drown, you are determined not to have been a witch. If you float, you are determined to be a witch and are hanged.

Reactions: LONE WOLF.
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Reminds me of the Salem witch trials. If you sink and drown, you are determined not to have been a witch. If you float, you are determined to be a witch and are hanged.
Reminds me of the justice system we have today, get caught up in it and you're royally erm Stuffed!

Reactions: AutoTap