• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
No no no no no

I know i have a history with coming up and contemplating bizzare methods but even i'm not as stupid to consider this method

My question actually is (and yes ik no one on this forum does) why do people actually drink bleech to CTB when it's shown time and time again it doesn't work yet the global misconception seems to be it's a agonising yet effective way to go like genuinely wtf

Again not talking about on here i've never seen bleach even being acknowledged yet alone discussed i'm just curious why anyone would even try it and if anyone was desperate or stupid enough to try it here

Reactions: Unknown21
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
I believe when people are Impulse they act on their feelings rather than thinking trough everything

Reactions: Heartaches and goodoldnoname923
goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
I believe when people are Impulse they act on their feelings rather than thinking trough everything
But it's a famous misconception no? I know its impulse but outside of this form "drinking bleech" is considered a common way of suicide

Literally "drink bleach" is a synonym of "kill yourself" so i just wonder why this remains a popular method outside of this forum obviously granted i suppose same could be said for OD'ing as well

cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
Desperate measures and here people who consume bleach, rat poison are from impoverished, not so educated backgrounds. In the end it gets the job done for some of them. Probably they aren't aware of other methods or it's inaccessible to them. Hangings are popular but when one lives together in a family it's hard I suppose

Reactions: Heartaches, goodoldnoname923 and fleetingnight
restinpeace2

restinpeace2

May 28, 2024
No no no no no

I know i have a history with coming up and contemplating bizzare methods but even i'm not as stupid to consider this method

My question actually is (and yes ik no one on this forum does) why do people actually drink bleech to CTB when it's shown time and time again it doesn't work yet the global misconception seems to be it's a agonising yet effective way to go like genuinely wtf

Again not talking about on here i've never seen bleach even being acknowledged yet alone discussed i'm just curious why anyone would even try it and if anyone was desperate or stupid enough to try it here
Because of Eva Smith in the Inspector Calls. Seems like a very sad way to go away

Reactions: goodoldnoname923
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Impulse when being too desperate, not having knowledge, "cry for help" ...

Literally "drink bleach" is a synonym of "kill yourself" so i just wonder why this remains a popular method outside of this forum obviously granted i suppose same could be said for OD'ing as well
I would say it's kinda "proverb" bc who of the normies really believes that one of us is very serious when they say "I'm gonna kms!!". ODing on just any meds is the same.

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Desperate measures and here people who consume bleach, rat poison are from impoverished, not so educated backgrounds. In the end it gets the job done for some of them. Probably they aren't aware of other methods or it's inaccessible to them. Hangings are popular but when one lives together in a family it's hard I suppose
This, I think income has a lot to do with it. I think people get desperate and look through their house for whatever seems the most deadly/dangerous (and the pop culture references don't help)

hettyratty

hettyratty

May 29, 2024
This, I think income has a lot to do with it. I think people get desperate and look through their house for whatever seems the most deadly/dangerous (and the pop culture references don't help)
This. When I was younger I only had access to household materials. I was functionally locked in the house and had little to no internet access, I just saw the big warning label and figured well, that looks dangerous! I couldn't get much down so no real lasting impact, but it is a combo of desperation, lack of other resources (be they other CTB methods, or access to support), and possibly weighing more towards younger people who probably can't access anything else.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024
No no no no no

Again not talking about on here i've never seen bleach even being acknowledged yet alone discussed i'm just curious why anyone would even try it and if anyone was desperate or stupid enough to try it
No no no no no

Only reason I can think of is because Trump told us to...🤷‍♀️

Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
I'm not very knowledgeable on this method nor how effective it is, so take me with a grain of salt. If I had to guess, it might've been a very niche, weird thing only a few people tried and/or had heard about, but it got noticed after a few high-profile cases and, out of desperation and lack of knowledge, people thought it was a quick, easy solution to end their lives/suffering.

The first time I heard about this method was a decade ago, when the case of Amanda Todd was all over the news. She had tried to kill herself the first time by drinking a whole bottle of bleach and almost did, but was discovered and hospitalized. I remember that fact was repeated very frequently when talking about her. I doubt it's been the only case, but that's the one that comes to mind when someone mentions "drinking bleach", even a whole decade after the fact. I was a tween at the time and one of my introductions to bullying, online harassment, grooming and digital sexual abuse; a lot of kids from my generation were likely impacted by this sad case as well, and perhaps, others who were having suicidal thoughts found "inspiration" in the way she tried to end her life the first time.

If something seems easy and accesible, people will try it, especially kids, tweens and teens who don't know any better. Finding accurate and complete information about suicide methods is hard if you don't know where to look or stumble with a source(s), or if you're too desperate/impulsive, you will not care as long as it does the job.

When a misconception enters the social consciousness/popular culture, it's very difficult for it to fade away, less likely if it's repeated or represented constantly in the media. Same reason there's still a lot of misconceptions about suicide methods, such as overdosing, drinking "mysterious" unlabeled drugs or hanging. We'll keep hearing about cases relating to the consumption of bleach as suicide attempts for many years in the future, unfortunately.

I also agree with what @cowboypants said. If you're impoverished and/or uneducated (or even if you're not), you'll resource to what's accesible and knowledgeable to you. This is just a guess, but better, more effective methods tend to cost higher, might be restricted due to regulations and/or may lead to incarceration. For many, it may not be worth it.

Reactions: goodoldnoname923 and cowboypants
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
Maybe if you drink pure Sodium hypochlorite, which is the main ingredient in bleach. However it won't be a good or quick death, it'll burn your throat and stomach, which leads to inflammation and the closing of the throat and airways. You'll suffocate and burn in extreme pain.

Most people aren't into researching things deeply, most will never even try to find a site like this one, so they're left with erroneous ideas. Sometimes it's also a heat of the moment thing and they use what they think will work. Fortunately for for some and unfortunately for others it seldom does.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I would say because most attempts are a cry for help, rather than intending to be fatal.

Hospitals will be able to deal with things like cut wrists, paracetamol overdoses and ingested bleach with ease as they probably see them hourly.

The problem is the follow up is sending home with a thoughts and emotions diary and the numbers of charity lines. That's the sad reality. There is no suicide prevention or help, at least not here in the UK.

spøgelse

spøgelse

Student
May 14, 2023
People are impulsive. Some of us will act when we find the oppurtunity to do so, not actually thinking it through and just doing it when we are desperate to die.

Coconut blue

Coconut blue

Student
May 13, 2024
Because they're desperate to do something to end their existence and pain. It's not an effective method but they're in too much agony to care. They feel compelled to act and maybe bleach is the most available thing they have

R

riktfar

Jun 6, 2024
No no no no no

I want to hear stories of a survivor personally.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Desperate people do desperate things.

Reactions: SVEN