hate_myself

hate_myself

Feb 27, 2020
if we think, that touch, sight, taste and hearing and smell are senses why don't we think of conciousness as one. our brain sometimes concentrates so hard on one task that it numbs parts of our senses so that we can concentrate. Think of it as a way of not putting itself into overdrive and using all our senses at once to overwhealm us.
but conciousness isn't as straight foward as one might think, if we concentrate on the future, we might forget what we are doing in the present, conciousness can be numbed by drugs, alcohol, sleepiness, and many more things. we simply choose (sometimes) what part of reality to experience and henceforth, our brain changes our perception and senses for each task we have to undertake.

now, conciousness is like hearing, we can't turn it off out of our own volition, you could argue the same about our other senses, touch smell, and sight too, if you argue that sight can be turned off by closing your eyes then you truly have never experienced what people who were blind and gained their sight experience when they try to explain that it isn't the same.
but without conciousness we can't experience all senses, plus thinking, and moving, it in itself is a "feeling" of self, a "sense" of self hence, a sense, a weird one to grasp but manages how we experience the outside world. depending how you see it also manages our perception of time too.

now imagine what sleep is, a momentary charge of conciousness, like when you have to close your eyes when you have been staring at a screen too much, like when you have to move your hand when you are feeling pain. using a sense too much has it's limits and needs to rest. I am the kind of person that never has ha a dream since a point in my life, I simply respawn on the next day, then I undergo my day.

if you are a person who dreams often then imagine what happens when you get black out drunk, same for me but without the alcohol. this is an exercise, to meditate about death, they do say meditation is preparation for death. imagine that explanation from before, conciouness is a "sense" of self, which manages how we experience reality. so this excercise is a simulation. first close your eyes, and imagine slowly losing each and everyone of your senses, hearing, sight, touch, smell, taste. Then take it a step foward, lose thought, time, emotions, and movement, pain. You'll probably feel comfortable, and fall asleep by this point, but if you are like me, and manage to imagine it.

congrats, you gained how death feels, it isn't even cold, because there's no touch to begin with.