FlowingVali

FlowingVali

Hello, Goodbye
Sep 13, 2023
Okay so, two questions.
One, would it be possible to partial hang myself from a doorknob by leaning forward on my knees? And if it's possible, would there be a better way to hang from a doorknob (or something in a hotel bathroom?)
Second, I've been reading about hanging and I keep seeing the term "vegetable" pop up. Can anyone tell me what that means?

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I've been reading about hanging and I keep seeing the term "vegetable" pop up. Can anyone tell me what that means?
Vegetative state (also known as unresponsive wakefulness syndrome) is when a person is awake, but shows no signs of awareness. This is different to a coma, in which the patient is completely unconscious.

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
"Vegetable" may likely refer to the risk of paralysis or coma if done incorrectly or if you're rescued too early

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Partial hanging from a door knob is possible. Even read a story about a woman who tied the rope to a table leg and hanged herself like that, chest barely above ground. One could tie the rope to the door knob on the other side of the door and pull the rope above the door. But beforehand you'd need to test how sturdy the knob/handle is because you really wouldn't want anything breaking. Not advising on doing that of course, you act on your own will

Reactions: FlowingVali