• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

peace_van

peace_van

My time stops now.
Sep 9, 2023

The authors are using very serious wordings:

Unfortunately, time is up. We are seeing the manifestation of those predictions as an alarming and unprecedented succession of climate records are broken, causing profoundly distressing scenes of suffering to unfold. We are entering an unfamiliar domain regarding our climate crisis, a situation no one has ever witnessed firsthand in the history of humanity.
Because of this uncertainty, we call for an Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) special report that focuses on the perilous climate feedback loops, tipping points, and—just as a precaution—the possible but less likely scenario of runaway or apocalyptic climate change.
By the end of this century, an estimated 3 to 6 billion individuals— approximately one-third to one-half of the global population— might find themselves confined beyond the livable region, encountering severe heat, limited food availability, and elevated mortality rates because of the effects of climate change.
We warn of potential collapse of natural and socioeconomic systems in such a world where we will face unbearable heat, frequent extreme weather events, food and fresh water shortages, rising seas, more emerging diseases, and increased social unrest and geopolitical conflict. Massive suffering due to climate change is already here, and we have now exceeded many safe and just Earth system boundaries, imperiling stability and life-support systems. We will soon bear witness to failing to meet the Paris agreement's aspirational 1.5°C goal.

I worked with climate data and I know what it means.
Watching the chart panels, I feel like sitting in an airplane cockpit where most of the panels are out of control.
The plane is heading to a crash. What can we do?

We need policies that target the underlying issues of ecological overshoot where the human demand on Earth's resources results in overexploitation of our planet and biodiversity decline. As long as humanity continues to exert extreme pressure on the Earth, any attempted climate-only solutions will only redistribute this pressure.

I don't think humanity can survive this. Greed is baked in humanity, but Earth resources are limited. People in the rich countries won't give up their lavish lifestyle. The underdeveloped countries will not seriously restrict the use of fossil fuels because they want money, they want to enjoy a richer life and they have little social responsibility. Inequality, competition, divided political landscape... It's just too hard for humanity to cooperate on such an existential issue.

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023

The authors are using very serious wordings:

I worked with climate data and I know what it means.
Watching the chart panels, I feel like sitting in an airplane cockpit where most of the panels are out of control.
The plane is heading to a crash. What can we do?

I don't think humanity can survive this. Greed is baked in humanity, but Earth resources are limited. People in the rich countries won't give up their lavish lifestyle. The underdeveloped countries will not seriously restrict the use of fossil fuels because they want money, they want to enjoy a richer life and they have little social responsibility. Inequality, competition, divided political landscape... It's just too hard for humanity to cooperate on such an existential issue.
Unfortunately, every day I have begun to notice how climate change has affected my life. I live in a place surrounded by mountains full of trees, but now I have to watch as foolish people who consider themselves "entrepreneurial" use the mountains to cultivate garbage, deforesting everything. Now it seems like my town is surrounded by steep fields because they want to use any land for farming.

The worst part is that the weather has worsened. It doesn't rain like it used to, and I have to endure the heat all year round.
The government of my country does nothing and only cares about money.

Every day, climate change seems like a hope to me. It saddens me to see how nature is disappearing, but I am content in knowing that those greedy human beings will go extinct because they will no longer have anything to possess...

G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
I feel you. Just started a writing a research proposal on microplastics and fertility. I knew they were dangerous but I Really thought the news was over-panicking people about them but learning about them in depth if anything theyre under selling the dangers of them. And to think how much microplastic is already out there