Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I dont understand people who dont have anhedonia already by the time they are entering their midlife. Doesnt everything just feel so repetitive and boring? I really dont get it. To me anhedonia isnt even so much a mental health condition as much as it is a natural response to doing/having the same things over and over again. It feels like some people dont get desensitized or something

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, Skathon, Nemeshisu and 9 others
ItsMe-Hecked

ItsMe-Hecked

Student
Dec 30, 2021
I dont understand people who dont have anhedonia already by the time they are entering their midlife. Doesnt everything just feel so repetitive and boring? I really dont get it. To me anhedonia isnt even so much a mental health condition as much as it is a natural response to doing/having the same things over and over again. It feels like some people dont get desensitized or something
Yep! I'm only 18, but I get what you mean. I've felt this way since like 14. This is the same reason why I don't humor political activists; desensitization.

Like, awesome! Another injustice in the world that you definitely actually care about. Go whine on Twitter and leave me be. I know, the world's a fucked up place, but they seriously need to climb a tree.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, LastFlowers and Under The Graveyard
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have some family members who want to live until they are 100 and they enjoy life. I will never be able to understand that. I have no interest in living and I never have done. Humans just do the same activities on repeat for decades, life is just a pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it. Living is not enjoyable at all and nothing would ever make me want to live.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, NumbItAll, Nemeshisu and 6 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I always don't get people who say my life is so boring. Especially if they are suffering. I have so much sorrows and worries. My fear eats me alive every single day. Everyday is a fight. So suicdal thoughts and the feeling of being trapped.
I wish my life was boring. I imagine a boring life as follows: being a normie having a job, have a normal life a job and a partner and especially no existential fears. Instead so much cynical shit is happening.

Reactions: Under The Graveyard, blueclover_. and uselesswaste
orange

orange

Experienced
Nov 19, 2021
Yep! I'm only 18, but I get what you mean. I've felt this way since like 14. This is the same reason why I don't humor political activists; desensitization.

Like, awesome! Another injustice in the world that you definitely actually care about. Go whine on Twitter and leave me be. I know, the world's a fucked up place, but they seriously need to climb a tree.
This is less an anhedonia problem and more a cynism problem

• Love
Reactions: blueclover_. and ItsMe-Hecked
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
To me anhedonia isnt even so much a mental health condition as much as it is a natural response to doing/having the same things over and over again. It feels like some people dont get desensitized or something
You could cycle different pleasure-givers, re-sensitizing each after the next. Anhedonia is the entire system being collapsed to some extent. Think it's linked to a lack of hormones/neurotransmitters from an absence of of (meaningful) IRL social engagement, especially romantic.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
You could cycle different pleasure-givers, re-sensitizing each after the next. Anhedonia is the entire system being collapsed to some extent. Think it's linked to a lack of hormones/neurotransmitters from an absence of of (meaningful) IRL social engagement, especially romantic.
Maybe thats why it is such a foreign concept to me. I just cant fathom anything being pleasurable anymore.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I like this observation. I have been saying for some time that many things touted as mental health issues are really just a natural reaction and are a proportionate response to their respective stimuli. Medicating people to change their reaction to said stimuli is doing nobody any good and it's totally unnatural and highly irresponsible. Not to mention unethical and manipulative. It's distonian and a disservice to humanity in general. It's actually insane in my opinion. The world is back to front and lost up its own arse.

We look at our government and its vested interests in money and power and worry about being manipulated but we tend to overlook the medical systems ability to play a role in the moulding of society. I would say that they are equally responsible as our respective governing bodies and really have a lot to answer for. All these kids medicated with drugs that are really just media savvy polished versions of 'illicit' substances. The war on drugs is very misguided and would be better served pointing its aim towards big pharma etc.

I'm sorry for veering off topic a bit. Your post just resonated with me. :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, LastFlowers and Snake of Eden
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I see what you're saying, I've never really had the chance to be bored because I'm too often riled up in a tizzy and in constant distress, but I often look at the lives that others (much better off than me) seem to choose for themselves, and I scoff.
I don't get it, so many seem to dive head first into the mundane monotony..I guess they don't all have a choice, but many do, there are other avenues to take in life, ways to keep fresh and moving, or at least interested in what the next day is going to bring.
If I had what I needed to live in this society, I would go with the roads less traveled..as the popular ones seem to be a death sentence for individuality and originality of any kind.
I like this observation. I have been saying for some time that many things touted as mental health issues are really just a natural reaction and are a proportionate response to their respective stimuli. Medicating people to change their reaction to said stimuli is doing nobody any good and it's totally unnatural and highly irresponsible. Not to mention unethical and manipulative. It's distonian and a disservice to humanity in general. It's actually insane in my opinion. The world is back to front and lost up its own arse.

We look at our government and its vested interests in money and power and worry about being manipulated but we tend to overlook the medical systems ability to play a role in the moulding of society. I would say that they are equally responsible as our respective governing bodies and really have a lot to answer for. All these kids medicated with drugs that are really just media savvy polished versions of 'illicit' substances. The war on drugs is very misguided and would be better served pointing its aim towards big pharma etc.

I'm sorry for veering off topic a bit. Your post just resonated with me. :)
I was going to say the same thing lol, that was a good line that could be stretched across many different scenarios, including my own, as I've always consider my mental distress to be a symptom of a physical/situational/environmental dilemma, not the source of the problem, simply a justified reaction to it.
However the way psych practices are, and with the authority they have been given..everything..every type of issue imaginable is being turned into a "mental disorder" scenario, without any testing beyond having one biased, flawed human being interview another biased, flawed human being.
Even the DSM itself is a crock of shit for the most part, I've said this before but practically everything is a mental illness now, even questioning your diagnosis is a mental disorder! They sure did cover all their bases.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ncmxm, demuic, Smart No More and 1 other person
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
If I had what I needed to live in this society, I would go with the roads less traveled..as the popular ones seem to be a death sentence for individuality and originality of any kind.
I also think my anhedonia is partially due to finding no originality in how people live their lives which is understandable but to me a meaningful worth while life would be all about doing things in new ways that never been examined before. What is so much fun about living the same lives and do the same thing that everyone else is doing? i do not find it exciting at all

• Love
Reactions: demuic
uselesswaste

uselesswaste

Dec 4, 2021
I always don't get people who say my life is so boring
I thought the same.

I have never seen a sad or depressed person, who said life is boring instead they want escape from the situation. On the other side, only rich people on social media said they are bored of some material stuffs.

Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022
After 25 years in the same town I thought I was gonna live and die there. So I started moving to a different state every few years. Just starting over each time. It helped some, pretty exciting at first. I'm looking at Wyoming or Kansas next year. Wyoming for the 6 people per square mile.. but not ready for that cold. Coincidence as they have the highest suicide rate. And for warmer weather and not many people I was looking at places in Kansas.

• Hugs
Reactions: Snake of Eden
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019

Why do they need to climb a tree? For wanting better things?

• Informative
Reactions: ItsMe-Hecked
ItsMe-Hecked

ItsMe-Hecked

Student
Dec 30, 2021
Why do they need to climb a tree? For wanting better things?
They don't actually care about what they're saying, nor do they even understand it. It's virtue-signaling.

Reactions: demuic
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
This whole generation it seems. I can only hope to live a boring life by being away from it all.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
They don't actually care about what they're saying, nor do they even understand it. It's virtue-signaling.
So millions of political activist all throughout history are too stupid to understand the world, but you, a random 18 year old sad boy has it all figured out?

• Yay!
Reactions: ItsMe-Hecked
ItsMe-Hecked

ItsMe-Hecked

Student
Dec 30, 2021
So millions of political activist all throughout history are too stupid to understand the world, but you, a random 18 year old sad boy has it all figured out?
Mhm. I figured out that shitting my pants is funny.

• Yay!
Reactions: Under The Graveyard
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
at some point you just get desensitised to your desensitisation. I figured that boredom and meaninglessness were the natural state of existing so I don't care anymore.

I just really wish I was able to sleep more than 4-5 hours/day. It'd help kill time.

• Hugs
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
There is nothing new under the sun. People do the same things over and over again and continually seek out the same experiences.

I don't have any desire to work for a living or do any of the other things people content themselves with. Maybe they don't get bored because they are too occupied with whatever it is they have distracted themselves with, positive or negative. When you are alone with your thoughts and can't take pleasure in anything, the only thing left is boredom, weariness, ennui.

I have never seen a sad or depressed person, who said life is boring instead they want escape from the situation.
This doesn't make any sense. You can both be bored and want to escape from a situation, that's literally a reason to want to escape in the first place. It's not an unpopular or new sentiment for "depressed" people to talk of being bored, especially if they experience anhedonia. It's an age old concept.

Reactions: Nemeshisu, puppet_nihilist, ncmxm and 1 other person
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
I just dont get it. I dont get it

Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019

Most people who whine about that stuff forget to tend to their own nasty contributions to society, within their own circle of living.
If they actually cared about so many of the causes they claim to stand behind, then maybe they wouldn't have to scream and shout and make a fuss while standing behind them. It's like 'a beard' but for assholes.

Like wow you hate racism? You're vegan? You donate to charity? You aim to protect the planet? Instagram and Facebook need to know this? Oh okay!
Yet you just bullied some random person based on their natural born looks..harassed them over their (necessary) diet..teased another person about their haul from a thrift shop..and had a bunch of children to shit on the planet in a million different ways from Sunday.
So all I see are hypocrites and glaring inconsistencies in supposed morality.

I remember there was some trend on some social media site where people took selfies of themselves and actually thought this "selfie challenge" was somehow beneficial to those who suffer and for "women empowerment"…lmfao.
I did not feel empowered by all those pucker-up princesses in sepia flaunting the same thing they do 3 times a week.
Absolutely out of touch ridiculous.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Nemeshisu, deflationary, ItsMe-Hecked and 2 others
uselesswaste

uselesswaste

Dec 4, 2021
especially if they experience anhedonia. It's an age old concept.
Yea, it's an old concept. but I am talking from my point of view, especially what I experienced and not talking about general depressed people. I quoted the statement that I felt relatable.

There are a lot of forms of depression, and it can lead to other forms of mental illness. The statement I quoted didn't specify a typical form of depression, and so am I.

I don't know, but If you looked at my comments, most of them are what I experienced in real life. so I don't care if it makes sense to you or not.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It does, specially on weekends, I always feel down on Sundays mainly, it's when everyone is out so I do my best not to see anyone. Also bored with live TV, all things mainly that "normal" people like , bores me like family reunions and trivial chit chats.

• Hugs
Reactions: Snake of Eden and Justsogone
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Literally decades of repetitive tasks. Oh look it's snowing outside right now, how exciting and magical. That's so much different from the other hundreds of times it's snowed in my lifetime. Whoever thought life was a good idea must be clinically insane. We desperately need some new DLC in the next Universe update.

• Yay!