HorribleFeelings1

HorribleFeelings1

Its a hard knock life
Jan 18, 2020
Lol I know this seems like a silly question but I'm actually curious to see if anyone puts any meaning on their profile picture, I know some don't have any and other make it just funny pictures/memes, but if you chose a specific profile picture for your profile, does it hold any meaning? Mine is a redhead girl who makes a gun with her fingers and pretends to shoot herself in the head with the words "BANG" coming out. Funny story, when I went to high school, I would always do that in my math class because I absolutely hated that class and made me the most suicidal. So that red headed girl represents me (:

hbu??

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TriggerHappy, Xiaomi, Jumper Geo and 11 others
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I mean my picture is kinda self explanatory xD

Reactions: Chimera Crow, maru., _Minsk and 3 others
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Tbh when I first looked at your pfp, all I could think is that the girl is cute Suicide

Also it's cool that you show interest in other members :> My pfp is the Max Headroom Incident, it's some guy that pirated a TV station in 1987 to speak some nonsense. I really like this picture because of the moving background and the mocking aspect. Two things I like :) Regular motions often catch my attention and I find it fascinating.

NKwS

Reactions: Eurus, Deleted member 17331, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
C_F

C_F

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
Considering this forum, I decided to go with something a little light hearted. I loved the original My Little Pony show/movie when I was little. This pony in particular has my coloring so I went with it. lol

Great post - love this question. Can't wait to read further responses.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Jumper Geo, Chimera Crow and 4 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Mine is one of the three states of existence. I switch to others from time to time in relation to how beyond-it I'm feeling/behaving. In fact I should switch now - thanks for the reminder.

• Love
Reactions: TriggerHappy, Deleted member 17331, not-2-b-the-answer and 6 others
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
Isn't that obvious?
Originally I planned to kill my mother and to rules the world.
But I think I'll kill myself first.

But I'm really like this character on family guy, the best one there

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Pupu, Chimera Crow, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
Mine is just rain through glass and lights. Cause I love rain and I miss it from not going outside much

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TriggerHappy, not-2-b-the-answer, enjolras and 7 others
moodygrl

moodygrl

Apr 25, 2020
Mine is how I feel. In a foggy cloud not able to see out.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TriggerHappy, Iwanttooffmyself, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
Inferdan

Inferdan

Meeting the first minor relapse after recovery
Nov 3, 2019
Nothing deep, but I love the deep blue and dark colours...I appreciate images by how they "feel", and there are many, many things that go into it that come together instantly (which is why all images are unique, and all "feel" different), and my one, with its tranquil blues, the sense of open space (not feeling cramped), with the figure in the middle, plus the translucent cube at an angle with the light inside...it's just feels great. Thought it was a good choice for this site, since it suited me, can't describe how, though. Also, I can be like the wise-looking figure in their sleek suit sometimes :p

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, maru., moodygrl and 2 others
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
It's me, but in a wormy kinda way.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Superdeterminist, Chimera Crow, not-2-b-the-answer and 10 others
disconnection

disconnection

It's the blue hour again
Apr 24, 2020
Mine is William Blake's 'The Sick Rose' - I've always had a thing for Blake, both his beautiful artwork and insightful words, and this poem just seemed perfect for here -

The Sick Rose
BY WILLIAM BLAKE
O Rose thou art sick.
The invisible worm,
That flies in the night
In the howling storm:

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy:
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy.

It became one of a series in his 'Songs of Experience'. He created a set of poems called 'Songs of Innocence' first - nature in its pure form - and this led to 'Songs of Experience' - the loss of that innocence.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Soul, Epsilon0 and 5 others
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
OK I added one I find meaningful. Following your colour theme @Inferdan!

It comes from the Big Blue - the final manifestation of the mermaid story from earlier in the film. It represents his final clinging to life that's blocking him from moving on, which seems to represent where many here are at. I view it as representative of me in a less literal sense - still clinging to attachments, the letting go of which is necessary to proceed.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Inferdan, maru. and 2 others
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
Mine is an illustration of the blue box and key from the movie Mulholland Drive. To me, the box represents the emptiness of reality and the trauma of the truth. Opening it is the death of hope and the shattering of dreams, but it is also a path to freedom. In relation to my own life, I'm struggling to open the box and accept what I need to do to find peace.

I also just really love the movie haha.

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1, Ἡγησίας, maru. and 1 other person
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Mine is just my own artwork

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, not-2-b-the-answer, enjolras and 8 others
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
It's the painting Ophelia.

"Ophelia is a character in Hamlet, by William Shakespeare. She is driven mad when her father, Polonius, is murdered by her lover, Hamlet. She dies while still very young, suffering from grief and madness. The events shown in Millais's Ophelia are not actually seen on stage. Instead they are referred to in a conversation between Queen Gertrude and Ophelia's brother Laertes. Gertrude describes how Ophelia fell into the river while picking flowers and slowly drowned, singing all the while."

• Love
Reactions: HorribleFeelings1, Oyoy, Epsilon0 and 3 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I loved your hook's gif

haha it was bugging me then I got back into my art work and decided to change it up, I need to do a pirate rum related one :P

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1 and Yomyom
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Lol I know this seems like a silly question but I'm actually curious to see if anyone puts any meaning on their profile picture, I know some don't have any and other make it just funny pictures/memes, but if you chose a specific profile picture for your profile, does it hold any meaning? Mine is a redhead girl who makes a gun with her fingers and pretends to shoot herself in the head with the words "BANG" coming out. Funny story, when I went to high school, I would always do that in my math class because I absolutely hated that class and made me the most suicidal. So that red headed girl represents me (:

hbu??

Wonderful idea for a thread, it's always fun to know more about the people here.
Btw i think your pic is a scene from Scott Pilgrim, lovely film.

Well, my pic is a scene from Episode 11 of Watamote.
After the culture festival comes to an end, Tomoko's (main character) friend leaves after they've spent the day together.
This leads Tomoko to go back to her usual self, a more miserable self.
Eventually she finds a corner to be alone in, sitting on the ground, looking at her phone.
A girl named Megumi, who likes Tomoko and also seems to feel sorry for her, sees this and decides to borrow a mascot costume.
She approaches Tomoko and gives her a balloon, and then a hug.
The profile pic is the exact moment before Tomoko looks up to Megumi in the mascot costume.
It just kind of shows what state i'm in i guess, and at the same time the state i want to be in.
Right now i'm sitting alone, looking through my phone, feeling miserable and sorry for myself.
I'm hoping someone in a mascot costume shows up and gives me the hug i need i guess, but i don't see that happening any time soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppet_nihilist, raindrops, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
coyguy

coyguy

Waiting for the right moment
May 1, 2020
My profile pic is of my wonderful dog, Simppa! Always was such a playful and happy girl. She was pretty much my everything. She unfortunately died last year, though.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Chimera Crow, raindrops, Deleted member 17331 and 12 others
Ἡγησίας

Ἡγησίας

Student
May 20, 2019
It's the painting Ophelia.

"Ophelia is a character in Hamlet, by William Shakespeare. She is driven mad when her father, Polonius, is murdered by her lover, Hamlet. She dies while still very young, suffering from grief and madness. The events shown in Millais's Ophelia are not actually seen on stage. Instead they are referred to in a conversation between Queen Gertrude and Ophelia's brother Laertes. Gertrude describes how Ophelia fell into the river while picking flowers and slowly drowned, singing all the while."

Did you know that the model of that painting was an artist involved in the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood who took her own life?

Mine is the last profile picture my beloved friend @TiredOfLife95 used, I chose it as a tribute to her.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: death137, not-2-b-the-answer, enjolras and 7 others
NekoNomNom

NekoNomNom

There is no right to heal the wrong
May 3, 2020
Mine is Saundor from a Dungeons and Dragons podcast called Critical Role.

Saundor was an archfey living in the Shademurk Bog in the Feywild and the former owner of Fenthras. Betrayed and forgotten by his lover, Saundor was left to his own despair, corrupting the Shademurk Bog. Residing inside an enormous tree in the middle of the bog, Saundor longed for someone to heal his wounds and cleanse his heart: a companion, a friend.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, HorribleFeelings1 and maru.
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Why would anyone have a profile picture if it didn't have any meaning?

Mine is my favourite women's football club in the whole world.

• Love
Reactions: Iamnotperminant92, Green Destiny, HorribleFeelings1 and 3 others
TVtrays

TVtrays

May 6, 2019
Mine is the Los Angeles MTA headquarters building. The photo was taken by me at the back end of union station as I was enjoying my lunch with my (now ex) partner. It was taken at a really special moment and I don't wanna forget it.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, HorribleFeelings1, kyle and 2 others
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
Mine's a doge because I've always wanted to own a dog. So cute.

• Love
Reactions: Chimera Crow, Iamnotperminant92, Lost_the_will2_live and 9 others
Deleted member 10475

Deleted member 10475

Tired.
Sep 11, 2019
So, I had a bit of a K-Pop phase back in middle and early high school. The woman in my profile pic is Sulli and she was from one of my favorite groups back then. She hung herself last year and it hit me pretty deep.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: purple꿈, Friend_A, RileyTanaka and 4 others
gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
Tbh when I first looked at your pfp, all I could think is that the girl is cute View attachment 33917

Also it's cool that you show interest in other members :> My pfp is the Max Headroom Incident, it's some guy that pirated a TV station in 1987 to speak some nonsense. I really like this picture because of the moving background and the mocking aspect. Two things I like :) Regular motions often catch my attention and I find it fascinating.

View attachment 33918
I used to love watching the Max Headroom show. It was my favorite TV show!

EDIT: I found that 1987 incident you were referring to. Crazy!

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Josh007 and HorribleFeelings1
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
It's only Forever, not long at all. That's mine, from the film Labyrinth. For 3 reasons. 1) it's an excellent quote, fits depression to a tee, sure seems like forever when you're living it, yet years can pass by without you realising. 2) I'm a huge Bowie fan, to date the only celeb I shed a tear over when I heard they'd passed away and 3) I love Labyrinth, but then who doesn't? Mad people, they'd have to be to not enjoy the genius that is a spandex Bowie ordering Goblins about :) - life feels like the Labyrinth at times, no matter how hard you try, you don't get anywhere cos crazy Goblins are changing the rules as you go along. I suppose you can find hidden meaning in most things if you look hard enough, but I haven't yet found any in The Teletubbies lol.

The Tattoo itself isn't mine, just something I swiped offline so not to have mine online, it's unique and I'd hate for someone to steal it lol. But I do have a very similar one with the same quote and the cgi Owl, as well as one that says "I move the stars for no one" also from Labyrinth. I've got a few others from films I love, "Here Hare Here" from Withnail and I, with the March Hare from Alice, not a big fan of that story but the madness and the taking of pills and potions to suit different narratives resonates with me, plus I needed a Hare to go with the quote, not many famous Hares around and if I'd picked Roger Rabbit, some pedantic twat would have pointed it out I'm sure. I was going to have "I have a heart condition, if you hit me it'll be murder" as well, but I worried people might think it's serious, and not just another Withnail and I quote.

Reactions: Chimera Crow, Iamnotperminant92, Green Destiny and 3 others
Inferdan

Inferdan

Meeting the first minor relapse after recovery
Nov 3, 2019
OK I added one I find meaningful. Following your colour theme @Inferdan!

It comes from the Big Blue - the final manifestation of the mermaid story from earlier in the film. It represents his final clinging to life that's blocking him from moving on, which seems to represent where many here are at. I view it as representative of me in a less literal sense - still clinging to attachments, the letting go of which is necessary to proceed.
Haha, very good :p. That's a sad, but relatable meaning for your pfp. Don't have much else to comment about it, partly because I'm not feeling ok at the moment (lack of nourishment from my decline before is taking its toll :/). Would say more, but I can't think, will share at a later date. Loving what I'm seeing in the thread so far and hearing from everyone :)

Reactions: Iamnotperminant92 and HorribleFeelings1
The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
Death is frequently signified as a personified force. So here's the Grim Reaper symbolising death and evil...

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, HorribleFeelings1 and maru.
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Mine's a doge because I've always wanted to own a dog. So cute.

Why don't you adopt one? If it's something you've always wanted, finally having one could perhaps make you much happier.

Reactions: HorribleFeelings1 and disabledandhopeless