S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Animals are pretty intelligent and they are able to know when you are sad. I was wondering if your pets have a feeling something is off before you attempt suicide or if they would try to cheer you up everyday?

And would you say goodbye to your pets before you attempt? They would prpbably understand to a certain degree although not completely.

• Hugs
Reactions: peace_van and Praestat_Mori
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
My cat never acted any differently before or after the ~dozen attempts I made during her lifetime.

• Aww..
Reactions: bebebeep
B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
I would say goodbye and cry like a baby for 15 minutes probably. I like my cat better than I like almost all humans

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, bebebeep, peace_van and 2 others
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
Animals are pretty intelligent and they are able to know when you are sad. I was wondering if your pets have a feeling something is off before you attempt suicide or if they would try to cheer you up everyday?

And would you say goodbye to your pets before you attempt? They would prpbably understand to a certain degree although not completely.
Sadly they can't know... My dog knows something is wrong, but they can't understand that you're going to kill yourself. It can be helpful to let a pet see the dead body of their owner though. It gives them closure, and they won't be left wondering when their owner will return.

Reactions: Scythe and peace_van
LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
I think they might understand that something is wrong but, I doubt they know when we are going to ctb. It might just be me but, whenever I'm not in a good mood my cat will come and rub himself all over my face and get right cuddly where normally he is not. I think he knows I'm not feeling well, but I doubt he knows the nature of it.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
As others already said, pets may sense that sth is wrong, by how you look like, how u interact with them and so. But ig they may not know that you plan CTB or understand that you CTBed but I'm sure if they saw your corps they might "understand" that you died.