A

AnonymousGirl

Sep 26, 2023
I'm currently in my first year of university, and it's not going well. I constantly struggle to understand assignments, and I suck at making friends. In turn, I feel like a failure. I don't know how much longer I can take it. I can't drop out either, or else my parents will literally kick me out of the house. I can't believe I've still got 4 years left of this shit. If it gets really bad, I'll probably just CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: R.F., i would like to, Ampsvx123 and 7 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through that. University and studying and getting an academic degree isn't the way to go for everyone yet it's an obligation demanded from society to have a good job and career to be able to live at the minimum in today's world.

Parents should understand that pressure isn't supportive in any case here.

I hope you find peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz, Bacon and Baseball, AllFoxedOut and 1 other person
A

AnonymousGirl

Sep 26, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through that. University and studying and getting an academic degree isn't the way to go for everyone yet it's an obligation demanded from society to have a good job and career to be able to live at the minimum in today's world.

Parents should understand that pressure isn't supportive in any case here.

I hope you find peace.
Yeah. I didn't even want to go to university - I just didn't want to disappoint my parents. I also have no interest in the degree I'm studying. Thank you btw :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Ampsvx123, Lammpz, Bacon and Baseball and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I can really understand you. Aren't there any other options of education where you live? What would you like to do, to learn? Any crafts work instead of theoretical uni stuff?

• Love
Reactions: AnonymousGirl
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
Can relate my first year of college was just awful, people didn´t talk to me and made fun of me constantly I ended up flunking my first year because I didn´t have the courage to go to class and face people, also the classes were hard and I didn´t understand the subjets at all. Im going to repeat my first year again because i´ve been presssured to do so by my family, and college starts tomorrow, another two semesters of torture for me

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: i would like to, AnonymousGirl, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
If I manage to get back into university before I CTB, it'll be my 9th attempt at tertiary education. I understand the struggle.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AnonymousGirl, Praestat_Mori, Kempel556 and 1 other person
B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
Yeah. I didn't even want to go to university - I just didn't want to disappoint my parents. I also have no interest in the degree I'm studying. Thank you btw :heart:
first year of college was rough, especially if you're in the dorm. I got very anxious and depressed that first semester. It sounds cliche, but I literally had to start taking a one day at a time approach. just focus on one day. cause once I started to look ahead it would be overwhelming. one day at a time made it manageable. I just remember that being my approach in the dorms

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AnonymousGirl and Praestat_Mori
B

BeratingLife

Aug 20, 2022
Im on the same boat. College is making me really depressed. I made a post about it a few weeks ago but it got purge, which was really unfortunate because it had some really good advice and allowed me to cope with my situation. But now im reverting back to my suicidal thoughts because this experience just keeps getting worse.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz, AnonymousGirl and Praestat_Mori
A

AnonymousGirl

Sep 26, 2023
I can really understand you. Aren't there any other options of education where you live? What would you like to do, to learn? Any crafts work instead of theoretical uni stuff?
There are, but my parents basically see university as the only path to success in life. I'm interested in computer stuff, and there are a lot of online courses, but sadly, it ain't an option :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I'm currently in my first year of university, and it's not going well. I constantly struggle to understand assignments, and I suck at making friends. In turn, I feel like a failure. I don't know how much longer I can take it. I can't drop out either, or else my parents will literally kick me out of the house. I can't believe I've still got 4 years left of this shit. If it gets really bad, I'll probably just CTB.
i didn't like University either, but tbh, the working life is even worse. At least at University you can goof off for an hour and just study it later, if you goof off at work for 5 mins you get yelled at to oblivion.

• Love
Reactions: R.F., AnonymousGirl and Praestat_Mori
apearl

apearl

mitski fan
Sep 25, 2023
Its my first year too and I totally relate to you. I haven't been this bad in a long time. For me it feels like the only shit I do in a day is work and sleep because its so hard to make friends. I hope that your situation gets better. Just know someone like you is in your corner rooting for you. :)

• Love
Reactions: AnonymousGirl and Praestat_Mori