FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At what age did you become suicidal?
I've personally never wished to endure existence, non-existence has always been the only relief and only appealing thing for me which lead to me eventually thinking about suicide once I was aware of what suicide was.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
M

Misfit72

Student
Aug 25, 2020
Such a terrible waste of stone! Hopefully, erosion will erase that banal vandalism.
All the more reason why I prefer cremation, though I think motivational speakers should be dropped into a very great height into a lake of sulphuric acid so that nothing left of them remains.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Rogue Proxy and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
The simple answer is because of our human nature's survival instinct. Human beings will try to do anything to keep surviving, to keep living, no matter what.
In today's modern era, it usually means toxic positivity, optimism bias, & even for supposedly the 'smart' people, they usually fall into rationalizing away everything to sounds positive or hopeful, even when in reality it's not.

The saddest thing about life in my opinion is that there are winners, and there are losers unfortunately.
Some people are lucky, some people are not.
I even admit that yes, there ARE people who are truly, really happy living their lives, whether it's because they're successful, or have loving family, relationships, friendships, or doing something meaningful, purposeful, or even just simply plain content & grateful for this life ("life is a gift!").
But what about people like us here, for example? whom for each different various reasons, somehow just got tired of life?
There should be a painless, easy way out for people who want to exit this life, as we basically also can't choose when we're born in this world. But sadly, our human civilization is still not that advanced yet.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I feel like "there is hope" use to help but then after hearing it over and over it just felt like something people say because they don't know what to say to you. I hate it so much i wish people would actually educate themselves and listen rather than just saying the same stuff over and over
Yeah, it is one of those things that, in my case at least, seems to have lost meaning with each time that I hear it. The reason why it has lost meaning to me is because I have seen no signs of hope since each time hearing it. Its like someone saying, "On Tuesday next week you will see a man with a checkered suit and a baseball cap." Each time you don't see him, it seems a little less believable and increasingly frustrating. Lol, perhaps that is a weird comparison but you get the point.

That being said, I think everyone who says it probably has their own intentions. Some just don't know what to say while others are genuinely expecting the phrase to be helpful (perhaps they have found it helpful).

Reactions: Sweet Tart and Praestat_Mori
T

thatlatealready

traffic's wild tonight
Apr 7, 2023
For me, it depends on what's being said, who's saying, and how they're saying it.

Cold words that only centre around their feelings and how they'd rather I'm alive do nothing but make me feel guilty and ashamed which increases my suicidal ideation. Stupid statements such as "cheer up", "look on the bright side" or "why do you have to be so depressing all the time?" annoy the fuck out of me and make me want to off myself out of pure spite.

However, I do think their is space for light in the world. I don't mind it when others point out things that are truly good. I'm happy that their seems to be people in this world who are having a better time than I am and go out of their way to share that joy with others. Why would I wish to make things more bleak and miserable than they already are by resenting those who try to bring good into the world? My life might be grey, painful, and ultimately meaningless, but I'm still grateful that I know people who do their best to make it less so, even if it's ineffective.

L

Leagueofgentlemen

Apr 19, 2023
You seem to be suffering from severe depression. Before I got a debilitating illness I enjoyed life quite a lot, even though I got frustrated with the world. You haven't been on a beautiful beach on a summers evening or ridden a horse in magnificent countryside? You can't say it's all doom and gloom cause it's not.

Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
If the only "support" a person can offer is a generic self-help slogan or other platitude, it's a reminder of how hopeless things are. It definitely reminds me of why I want to ctb, as it's a real thing I can (theoretically) do to change my circumstances as opposed to wishful thinking.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy