chopinkms

chopinkms

i'm not alone anymore
Mar 25, 2020
I'm asking myself this question right now.

To be frank, I'm somebody that likes balance and thinks that balance is essential - this stems into my mental health and performance :")

For example, at times I'm most productive and seemingly happy, I could be suffering from an eating disorder or self harm and nobody would know because I'd be content with the balance of negative and positive.

To me, CTB is the ultimate balance that ironically keeps me going, and I'm sure I've heard many stories of people who are planning to CTB soon becoming "happy" or even giving gifts and seeing loved ones (before they go) etc, so I'm curious:

does the thought of your suicide make you miserable or at peace?

• Hugs
Reactions: AmDead, pthnrdnojvsc, searchingfreedom and 5 others
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
It varies sometimes. The thought of a successful ctb makes me very happy, and ironically helps me get through living. But the thought of how my mood might change once I attempt it scares me. I'd say overall it makes me happy, though.

Reactions: kitee80, Metalhead, LonelyDude15 and 6 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Neither anymore. It just feels normal now.

• Love
Reactions: AutoTap, kitee80, LonelyDude15 and 7 others
chopinkms

chopinkms

i'm not alone anymore
Mar 25, 2020
It varies sometimes. The thought of a successful ctb makes me very happy, and ironically helps me get through living. But the thought of how my mood might change once I attempt it scares me. I'd say overall it makes me happy, though.
that makes sense. It's almost ideal in a sense - as to not think of the consequences of failure.

Reactions: AutoTap and Stick
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I don't really believe people who say they're really looking forward to it. It's sad. In fact it's tragic and if you were serious I think you'd feel that way too.

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyDude15, Lastsauce, Stick and 3 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Both.
Upsetting that my life has come to this but I'm pleased I have a way out of this.

• Hugs
Reactions: kitee80, LonelyDude15, purplesmoothie and 8 others
chopinkms

chopinkms

i'm not alone anymore
Mar 25, 2020
I don't really believe people who say they're really looking forward to it. It's sad. In fact it's tragic and if you were serious I think you'd feel that way too.
of course it's tragic. Everything that's lead up to the very decision is terrible no matter how varied that may be for some people. However, when I feel like there's nothing left for me to look back on it's the only thing left I can look forward to.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sasshimi, kitee80, Stick and 4 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i'm ambivalent towards it. i'll never truly be comfortable with being dead, but it's something i have to do. i view it as the final task i have to complete.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sasshimi, kitee80, purplesmoothie and 5 others
Lux

Lux

Sep 17, 2020
Thinking about ctb makes me feel relaxed. I might just be listening to music and thinking about the peace. I get almost like a high out of it.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, purplesmoothie, Stick and 5 others
LoveMePlease

LoveMePlease

Student
Sep 28, 2020
Depends sometimes it upsets me cuz I'll miss music but most of the time it comforts me

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, purplesmoothie, Stick and 2 others
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
The thought of my suicide itself (the act of it) makes me incredibly anxious, but knowing that I will eventually cease to exist and will be dead is very comforting.

• Love
Reactions: Metalhead, pthnrdnojvsc, Lostandlooking and 4 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I don't know why suicide is treated in such a horrible way, the only thing that concerns me about it is if something goes wrong in the middle of the process

Reactions: Stick, chopinkms, death137 and 2 others
I

ITryHard

Jul 30, 2020
It's interesting that you post this now because my day is coming up soon and I'm greatly upset and anxious. Upset that my once happy and productive life has come to this, and anxious about my method (SN). There was a time when my CTB gave me comfort, but the closer I get, the more scared I become,

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Metalhead, Lostandlooking, Mr2005 and 5 others
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
The thought is definitely comforting but committing the act itself and fear of failure makes me very anxious and shit in my pants :(

Reactions: Metalhead, purplesmoothie, Mr2005 and 6 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I'm with comments who said both (comfort and upset).

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, purplesmoothie, Stick and 1 other person
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Comforts me. Imagine being alive and knowing that you will live forever. That would be a torture. Like I read somewhere here "If humans were eternal they would spend all their lives trying to find out how to die"

Reactions: Metalhead, nitroautnz, purplesmoothie and 1 other person
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
It comforts me when I'm down

Upsets me when I'm up

Strengthens me when I have resolve

• Love
Reactions: nitroautnz and Stick
grey_light

grey_light

Sep 26, 2020
It'll be really comforting for me until I remember that I have people that I love who already have their own depression. Then I'll feel guilty

• Aww..
Reactions: nitroautnz, ITryHard, Mr2005 and 1 other person
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
I have mixed feelings. Death is inevitable, so that part kind of just is. I'm not looking forward to dying itself however. And I'm sad that life itself wasn't better

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, nitroautnz and ITryHard
W

WFJ74

Student
Aug 18, 2020
I used to be upset by the constant thoughts but now that I have the materials for three different CTB methods right here i'm comforted knowing I can go at any time via CO, SN or night-night.

• Hugs
Reactions: nitroautnz, pthnrdnojvsc and purplesmoothie
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Both but more upset. For many years I had looked at CTB in a positive light but for the first time I see it in a much more negative perspective. I guess it's because I didn't expect for it to come this soon and I had a lot left undone. I thought "why does living in the moment matter if it'll be lost forever?" I thought more about my future than I did my present. I didn't "get it" until shortly before becoming suicidal. I was trying to "live in the moment" when I was younger but not in the way that I truly wanted. I expected there'd be more but really all I am left with is soul-crushing disappointment because I felt so close to getting what I wanted.

• Hugs
Reactions: WFJ74
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
makes me excited

• Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and WFJ74
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
It's the only hope I have

• Hugs
Reactions: WFJ74
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Both, comfort hope that there's an escape. Upset Anger that I'm here to have to think about it.

M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
it definitely conforts me. away with all the pain. of i dont do it right now is only for my mother

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Both really. It's comforting to know that there's at least an escape from hell. But on the other hand, it's tragic that life beats down some people so badly that they should want to resort to ctb in the first place, and how painful/undignified most cases are.

Reactions: ITryHard and Metalhead
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
The thought of ctb doesn't bring me peace, on the contrary. It makes me excited with bliss.

I feel a pleasant tingling sensation all over my body, it conjures an ecstatic smile on my face.

I only find peace after the ctb, but then endless peace.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, chopinkms, nitroautnz and 2 others
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
very mixed emotions on this. i don't know how someone can have only one emotion about their death

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Yes. Thinking of ctbing makes me excited. That's why I love being here. I find comfort feeling suicidal with suicidal people.

• Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt