• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

dogemn

dogemn

All the nights I don't die
May 30, 2023
That's what holds me back the most from CTBing even though I have everything planned out and ready to do it at just about any time now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: etherealspring, rosepanda, lynnschronicles and 3 others
kyhoti

kyhoti

Student
May 27, 2024
It has kept the dark wolf at bay for years. Unfortunately for me, my passing is inevitable, so either way, there will be grief.

Reactions: a.hamza.13
Upvote 0
itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Jun 7, 2024
Yes, it's worst than SI at this rate

Reactions: Beyond_Repair, dogteeth and EternalSummer
Upvote 0
J

just cant

Jul 11, 2024
No, they don't care about how much pain I am in

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, FakeSmileGuy, AgonizinglyAlive and 2 others
Upvote 0
D

dtkdave87

Jul 13, 2024
The pain of not being for my 5yo daughter when she needs me most is what holds me back. Otherwise I would have faded it away

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BojackHorseman, FakeSmileGuy and thanatos444
Upvote 0
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
It's upsetting to think about, but it won't stop me.

Reactions: Jon Arbuckle, Venessolotic and msesis
Upvote 0
madhatguy

madhatguy

Feb 2, 2023
Yeah. I'm grateful though that I have people that are worth at least postponing it for. "If wasn't for them, I'd make that decision"
cool pfp btw

Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My Dad is the last person I think it would really affect. It's the major thing keeping me here. It's hard to know how I'll feel when he's gone. I worry that fear will still hold me back after that. Still, I suspect it will then be a competition of what scares me most- continuing to live or, trying to die.

Reactions: EternalSummer
Upvote 0
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Not at all. My desire for freedom and peace far outweighs than how they would feel if I died. Firstly, I'm the main character in my life as I see life from my perspective hence I value myself more than I value others. Secondly, if my parents didn't want to deal with grief, they shouldn't have gave birth to a child in the first place

Reactions: Venessolotic, lnlybnny and divinemistress36
Upvote 1

I put the HOT in psychotic
Jul 9, 2024
I don't want to hurt my mom. She's my everything and she's been through so much. My sister too but my mom really is stopping me.

• Love
Reactions: lynnschronicles
Upvote 0
EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
Yep, by far the main reason. I know it will ruin my mother and dad lives. I'm trying to make it very clear it's not their fault in my letter, but I guess they will blame themselves no matter what.

I wanted to CTB this saturday, but the proccess of deleting all social media, writing letters and comteplating the aftermath was too much to handle. This night many nightmares, it was horrible. But I guess I have to be better prepared mentally, is life really worth living to keep them happy? I don't know, they have sacrificed so much for me, sometimes I think that would be my way of giving back somehow.

Upvote 0
K

kvsvenky100

Student
Dec 7, 2023
Nope. I don't care about loved ones.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Trakehner and a.hamza.13
Upvote 0
E

EmoIsNotAPhase

Jan 12, 2019
Before finding this site it's been the only reason I haven't so far. Trying to hold on so my best friend and partner don't have to go to my funeral. Especially my partner. I shudder to think of him finding my body since it will be him who finds it.

• Love
Upvote 0
EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
Before finding this site it's been the only reason I haven't so far. Trying to hold on so my best friend and partner don't have to go to my funeral. Especially my partner. I shudder to think of him finding my body since it will be him who finds it.
Can't you book a hotel room?

Upvote 0
U

Unspoken7612

Jul 14, 2024
A little bit.

Sometimes I think "I would rather I had this pain than anyone else".

Other times I remember that my parents did something very bad to me, for their own benefit, which caused me to stop valuing my own existence any longer. If they're allowed to do that then I'm allowed to do this.

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
Upvote 0
R

RandomUser25

Jul 14, 2024
Yes. That's probably the only thing that holds me back at this point.
And I know it sounds like a meme, but for me it's literally - mom would be sad. Only I cannot even imagine how much distress it will cause get. I've been keeping up a front of struggling but getting by for years at this point.

Upvote 0
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Yes😰😰😰😰😰

• Love
Upvote 0
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
It shows that you care about them a lot and don't want to leave them behind, it's very conscientious of you to consider how the people you love would react to such a decision. Despite that I know it must be incredibly painful to grapple with such a dilemma.

To answer the question you posed, I don't really have any loved ones left except my grandmother. When my grandmother passes, I will be right behind her most likely. I feel some guilt because a great deal of my grandmother's relatives and immediate family members have died by suicide throughout her lifetime. My grandma is the only person left in this world that actually cares about me, and I know she doesn't have a long time left either.

I try to endure it for her sake.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: a.hamza.13, LaVieEnRose and lynnschronicles
Upvote 0
C

circus22

Jul 11, 2024
Yes definitely. I've been distancing myself from them to make it easier for me to go through with it

Upvote 0
kneegrow_voids

kneegrow_voids

Jun 8, 2024
somewhat

I don't wanna be the reason my friend ctb

other than that i think i can deal with the guilt

Upvote 0
AgonizinglyAlive

AgonizinglyAlive

May 4, 2024
No. Oddly no. The only thing holding me back is my fear of death.

Upvote 0
crownofcerberus

crownofcerberus

I'm sorry. I wish to walk among the flowers.
Jul 15, 2024
Kind of. The way that I view it is that its selfish of me to CTB and disregard their feelings, but its also selfish of them to want me only here just to suffer further. Not even thinking about them is the best way to go about it.

Upvote 0
VeryShy

VeryShy

Disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
Yes. I have parents who love me very much, and would be devastated if I were to CTB.
Idk what would happen to them after I'm gone.

Upvote 0
D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Student
Apr 30, 2024
It's what stopped me for years, decades. And having known a lot of people who have CTB'd, like a lot, far too many - I don't think the actual act of CTB is inherently selfish, some people just have to go. But to anyone, anyone at all, can find ways that they're not found by loved ones, DO THAT. People recover quicker from grief than they do from trauma & if there's any way not to inflict it, try & try again. I know someone who found someone in the most gruesome situation & had to deal with the aftermath & twenty years later, they're still traumatised. And the family of people who didn't find them, while they suffered & suffered, it wasn't the picture they saw behind their eyelids for the rest of their lives. It was the other thing that stopped me & when I read a way around it (in a cake recipe book, I repeat, a fucking cake recipe book!!!???), I felt that weight lift too. Not everyone has options & I truly understand that, there's no judgment here. Just if you can, do.

Upvote 0
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Yes absolutely. I think only a complete psychopath doesn't care about how others feel.

We have to balance up our own suffering vs that of others and when the scales are tipped too far, I think its our time to leave this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Edpal247
Upvote 0
D

DOHARDTHINGS24

Student
Apr 30, 2024
I felt the scales tipping for years. Gradually, then suddenly, then past the point of return. Felt a shift when I knew there was no going back. Trying to get my shit together, was supposed to be long gone by now…Is it irony or just shit circumstances that I'm too sick to get some of this organised - like too sick to live, too sick to die, just sitting around waiting for the bus to come to me…???

• Hugs
Reactions: Edpal247
Upvote 0
Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
Yes. I would leave them a terrible mess and they would be heart broken. Really only thing holding me back I believe.

Upvote 0
Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

EVERYTHING IS F@CK3D
Jul 12, 2024
That's the only thing that's held me back. I have a couple friends. Like three. That I would hurt. And I don't wanna hurt anyone. But I'm sick of me hurting all the time and putting myself thru hell on behalf of someone else so I'm going thru with my plan :/

Reactions: rosepanda
Upvote 0