Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Money is a form of magic already, but like in any good dark fantasy setting it takes more to cast the big spells than performing low-effort mundane tasks a few times.
You just reminded of one my least favorite fantasy tropes (it's ironic that I hate it but). I read a book where there was one 100 year old nearly immortal magician who was hailed as one of the greatest magicians ever. And another man who was a prodigy who had accomplished many great things despite only being about 25-30 (they never specified the age). Yet guess who was even better at magic than both of them? A woman (about 25-30 year old) who had never casted a spell in her life nor had any spell or magic training. In the finale she just randomly got the power to teleport instantly many times in a short amount of time and helped beat the 100 year old magician.

Since you made a thread about spiders, that one magician had a cute pet spider. :3

Reactions: Makko
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Money is a form of magic already, but like in any good dark fantasy setting it takes more to cast the big spells than performing low-effort mundane tasks a few times.
As someone studying economics it is not magic I can assure you.

This is a good question though; I wonder what would happen if I didn't have to work or anything; my life might get better. Not use my strained energy on work.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
it is not magic I can assure you.
Why you have to do this to me?

sadwizard.gif

• Yay!
Reactions: akana and Shadowplay
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
What I'm also curious about is whether the experiences that money can buy that could lead to shared experiences with others enhance social bonding by lubricating social interaction and helping to create good memories, kind of like booze with some teenagers/young adults. If so then I guess money can partially buy happiness but I know for a lot of people that's not what their bonding depends on and for some it appears to have an opposite even alienating effect. I guess it depends on the context (like pretty much everything). Overall I would still say it can't buy happiness, much as not having enough can create misery that would otherwise be avoidable.
For a lot of people though, money is a gauge of how they can compare themselves to others in the social ladder, which is part of the foundation of their basic happiness. Sounds like something a therapist would say you shouldn't do and might imply is abnormal even though from what I can tell it's innate to humanity. And therapists do it...a lot. But if they admitted it's normal and that past a certain threshold there's no therapy for loseritis I guess they wouldn't be able to do it anymore. Parasites.

Last edited:
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
Yes, I love money because I can afford food, shelter, running water, and electricity, etc. but also SN ;)

C

Chockles

Experienced
Sep 17, 2021
My parents would give me all the money they have if it would fix me. Sadly it can't resolve my physical nerve damage. All my life they've bought me things when all I wanted was a hug to feel loved &:Good enough. Famous people ctb. They've all the money in the world. So no money isn't the answer.

C

Chockles

Experienced
Sep 17, 2021
My parents would give me all the money they have if it would fix me. Sadly it can't resolve my physical nerve damage. All my life they've bought me things when all I wanted was a hug to feel loved &:Good enough. Famous people ctb. They've all the money in the world. So no money isn't the answer.
Unless the N it enabled me to order ends things this week. Being dead is happiness for me.

aludnelac

aludnelac

wayward weirdo
Sep 15, 2021
money would bring stability and some kind of sense of independence.. two things i don't have at all.. so yeah, there would be some level of happiness in having even that bare minimum right there.. as far as true happiness, safety, comfort, healing.. of course not, i'll still be just as messed up and broken no matter how much money i have, but the thing with money is, it might create the kind of healthy support i need to allow for working through the rest of these issues and traumas.. like, you can't really fix the complex when you have no basic foundations, right..? if you're basically just fighting drowning on a daily basis, suddenly having a comfy raft to sort out how to finally guide yourself to land would help a great deal probably..? or at least that's what i hope.. truth be told, i'm probably way too broken at this point to feel okay in any circumstance, and it's all just some flavor of coping..