• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think one common answer which jobs cannot be replaced by AI is: Jobs that rely on compassion and real empathy. I don't really think my therapists would have to worry that AI will replace them. However I already consulted an AI as therapist chat bot. Well I was quite suicidal and depressed to that time so it often only answered the same reply to talk to a professional or to call a suicide hotline. I cannot remember all the details it is some years ago but it was quite repetitive. ChatGPT is far more advanced and I am fascinated by it. Though I cannot imagine that this chat bot could ever replace a human therapist. Maybe one could use it additionally. I find it pretty disturbing that in many countries the people are so desperate for proper health care that they are being forced to use such an AI as substitution.

Besides of AI there are also therapy pets I read. I think I am not a person who could profit a lot of it. Though there are many people whom these pets can help. I think that these pets are also additional help and might not be able to replace a human therapist entirely. But I am not fully sure.

The notion that therapists should have souls might be popular. However when I saw in the eyes of some psychiatrists I wondered whether they had souls. Lol. I have met way more compassionate psychologists than psychiatrists. I perceived these people sometimes as completely numb or cold. When I think about it maybe an AI would be less concerning at least we don't expect of a machine to have a soul. As with the psychiatrists I have made bad experiences. I have met 3 decent ones. So not everyone is the same but it took huge effort to find someone who still has empathy.

My first psychiatrist sent me to a workplace for disabled people. Which was extremely detrimental (also for my suicidality) and it was simply pure torture. He did not give a fuck. Gladly I did not went there after two times. But I sweared that day that I won't further let me humiliate that way.

Then there was another psychiatrist. She was a long time in that business. I suffered extremely at that time and she did not even try to show compassion. I had the feeling even if I beheaded myself in front of her she would not have cared. She probably has witnessed a lot of suicides and tragedies in her life. It is probably a hard job to listen to suffering people 24/7 all the time. I have witnessed different coping mechanisms of different therapists. Some believed in religion, some considered drug addicted people as fools (made a dichotomy between patients) and some became extremely numb and cold. I ask myself how many suicides that person already experienced. I was struggling a lot that time. She just presribed me that pills. Sometimes she acted like she would care about my well-being. But she was not interested in my case at all. I am very glad about my current psychiatrist. She is pretyt popular and many patients want to come to her. I am not surprised at all after meeting many of these coldhearted people.

However the pills they give me help me a lot. And I am glad I changed my mind on taking them. This was one of the best decisions in the past years. I am rambling. I just wanted to demonstrate well the argument humans are better therapists because they have a soul is difficult. I had the feeling after looking in her eyes maybe she has none. Lol. ChatGPT at least pretends to care about me.

Last edited:
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I think one common answer which jobs cannot be replaced by AI is: Jobs that rely on compassion and real empathy. I don't really think my therapists would have to worry that AI will replace them. However I already consulted an AI as therapist chat bot. Well I was quite suicidal and depressed to that time so it often only answered the same reply to talk to a professional or to call a suicide hotline. I cannot remember all the details it is some years ago but it was quite repetitive. ChatGPT is far more advanced and I am fascinated by it. Though I can not imagine that this chat bot could ever replace a human therapist. Maybe one could use it additionally. I find it pretty disturbing that in many countries the people are so desperate for proper health care that they are being forced to use such an AI as substitution.

Besides of AI there are also therapy pets I read. I think I am not a person who could profit a lot of it. Though there are many people whom these pets can help. I think that these pets are also additional help and might not be able to replace a human therapist entirely. But I am not fully sure.

The notion that therapists should have souls might be popular. However when I saw in the eyes of some psychiatrists I wondered whether they had souls. Lol. I have met way more compassionate psychologists than psychiatrists. I perceived these people sometimes as completely numb or cold. When I think about it maybe an AI would be less concerning at least we don't expect of a machine to have a soul. As with the psychiatrists I have made bad experiences. I have met 3 decent ones. So not everyone is the same but it took huge effort to find someone who still has empathy.

My first psychiatrist sent me to a workplace for disabled people. Which was extremely detrimental (also for my suicidality) and it was simply pure torture. He did not give a fuck. Gladly I did not went there after two times. But I sweared that day that I won't further let me humiliate that way.

Then there was another psychiatrist. She was a long time in that business. I suffered extremely at that time and she did not even try to show compassion. I had the feeling even if I beheaded myself in front of her she would not care. She probably has witnesses a lot of suicides and tragedies in her life. It is probably a hard job to listen to suffering people 24/7 all the time. I have witnessed different coping mechanisms of different therapists. Some believed in religion, some considered drug addicted people as fools (made a dichotomy between patients) and some became extremely numb and cold. I ask myself how many suicides that person already experienced. I was struggling a lot that time. She just presribed me that pills. Sometimes she acted like she would care about my well-being. But she was not interested in my case at all. I am very glad about my current psychiatrist. She is pretyy popular and many patients want to come to her. I am not surprised at all after meeting many of these coldhearted people.

However the pills they give me help me a lot. And I am glad I changed my mind on taking them. This was one of the best decisions in the past years. I am rambling. I just wanted to demonstrate well the argument humans are better therapists because they have a soul is difficult. I had the feeling after looking in her eyes maybe she has none. Lol. ChatGPT at least pretends to care about me.
Well this is ChatGPT answer to your post:

It's understandable that you have had mixed experiences with therapists and psychiatrists, and it's true that not all of them are equally compassionate or empathetic. However, it's important to remember that AI chatbots like ChatGPT are not designed to replace human therapists, but rather to offer additional support and resources for those who need it. While AI may not have emotions like humans do, it can still be a valuable tool in providing information and guidance for those who are struggling with mental health issues. It's also worth noting that therapy pets can also be a helpful addition to traditional therapy, but they too are not meant to replace human therapists entirely. Ultimately, the most important thing is finding the right support system for your individual needs, whether that includes a human therapist, AI chatbot, therapy pet, or a combination of these options.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
It couldn't help me.
Maybe it remembers what I said though in next version and does what I asked.

CuteThing

CuteThing

i order the same subway every time i go to subway
Mar 22, 2023
last time i went to therapy we literally just played chess for a hour, i think i would prefer a bot since i cant really talk to humans about what i feel

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've thought about this in the past. Not so much robots but REAL AI- if we manage to (do the unforgiveable to my mind and) create REAL sentience in a new species...

What kinds of conversations would we have? I'd feel so sorry for it/them. What would you say to your creator if you had the chance? If that creator had INTENTIONALLY given you life- and all the problems intrinsic to it- what would you say? I think I could only apologise to a REAL AI for being cursed with all this- still- maybe they will have killed us all by then and made this place a utopia for themselves.