WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Today I came across a story about a young 20 something woman from China called aqua chow. She was an insta yogi influencer. She liked to do yoga and she was so good at painting. She posted the moment she received her yoga certification and she was so excited and happy. She worked so hard to get it waking up at 7am doing yoga classes for 12 hours for 18 days. She liked to draw and paint and was beautiful and athletic. She was planning to move to the US to study something. She had hopes and dreams. Was talented and had tons of followers on social media. She worked so hard to get where she was only to have her life taken by her ex boyfriend who chopped her up in a bathtub in a hotel room. 30+ stab wounds. It's disgusting that we are the same species as these heartless monsters. This just makes me hate humanity and wish for a peaceful death away from the evil of it all.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Foresight, justtoojaded, gottablast888 and 7 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
When I hear about murders in the news I am jealous, I'm like- they could have killed me if they wanted to kill someone, and then let this person live who still had a l9t to live for, as random people usually do. I wish I was exaggerating but I'mk not. Either that or people who die in freak accidents or struck by lightning or something- I just wish I could trade places.

• Love
Reactions: dirtnap, chronicallybroken, theboy and 2 others
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Hearing about cruelty and evil in general makes me more suicidal. I did not start out with a high opinion of the human species, and yet over the past few years it has somehow managed to consistently disappoint me. There's a line from "Fight Club," I think, about how this guy was at the lowest point he'd ever been, and yet every day got worse for him. So he says, "That means that every day you see me, it's the worst day of my life." It's pretty much been that, only it's more specifically my loathing of people.

It turns out there's a term for the pain you feel when you're surrounded by idiots, sociopaths, and bullies, and nobody does anything about it because solutions are hard, and it turns out you can discharge your ethical obligations to society by just putting a filter on your FB profile pic a few times a year. It's called "moral trauma." They used to think it was only relevant for soldiers who'd been in combat, where their orders were something like "shoot anyone who comes out of that building," and then the first person who comes out is an 8-year-old kid or something. But it turns out you don't need to be literally eligible for combat pay to live in a post-sanity world where every choice in front of you is hideous. Like who do I vote for in this election, the crazy old rapist who wants to Thanos snap the country he nominally leads, or the senile old rapist who wants to Thanos snap every fledgling democracy in the Western Hemisphere? That's not even Coke evil vs Pepsi evil. It's like Diet Coke evil vs Coke Zero evil. They actually had the balls to put half in a different-looking can so they can sell the same shit to us twice.

That's the bs that makes me want to kill myself. Probably the rest of humanity too. Literally fantasizing about a universe in which I have an infinity gauntlet too, and Thanos and I just high-five each other again and again until every sentient being in the universe has turned to ash. Better get the smarter non-sentient ones too, in case they get it in their heads to start evolving.

Reactions: 7b48hl
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Sometimes it makes me think "so many bullets and none hit me". It's ironic that innocent people die and those who want to die, don't die

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It certainly does make me feel more suicidal when I hear about all of the horrible things that exist in this world. I could never want to live in such a cruel world and to me it's so awful how humans can cause so much harm. Everyone should have the right to a peaceful suicide and be able to exit at a time of their own choosing rather than people dying in such horrific ways like being murdered.

Reactions: justtoojaded
C

chronicallybroken

Student
Jul 16, 2022
I'm jealous that I don't get to die, sad that someone has died when they probably didn't want to, and disappointed by all the cruelty and hatred in the world

Reactions: dirtnap and justtoojaded
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I actually watch/listen to true crime all the time. Yes, I wish I was dead but no I do not envy anyone who meets their death in such a beyond brutal way. It really is just appalling that someone who so obviously wants to live and is just starting out can have everything snatched from them and die in unspeakable pain and terror at the hands of a psychopathic sadist. I suppose you could say hearing all those stories confirms my sense of humankind just being doomed. I'm probably no more suicidal than I was before hearing the stories, they have a strange fascination but yeah it does acquaint you with the very worst a supposed human is capable of.

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
When I hear about murders i wish it was me

Reactions: dirtnap and Un-
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
No, suicide is an act of agency to me. If I were murdered, I wouldn't get to choose how I died.

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
When I hear about murders in the news I am jealous, I'm like- they could have killed me if they wanted to kill someone, and then let this person live who still had a l9t to live for, as random people usually do. I wish I was exaggerating but I'mk not. Either that or people who die in freak accidents or struck by lightning or something- I just wish I could trade places.
I would not reach this point. But indeed there are so many people that die do to diseases. I would gladly give my remaining years to another person or to save a kid.

J

justtoojaded

Aug 23, 2022
Part of the reason I want to suicide is because I think this world is so messed up. You could spread love and happiness, and yet still get killed by a murderer, or a disease or a tornado or a hurricane or an earthquake or a tsunami or a number of things really.

Reactions: Un-, Foresight, redeyepiranha and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Part of the reason I want to suicide is because I think this world is so messed up. You could spread love and happiness, and yet still get killed by a murderer, or a disease or a tornado or a hurricane or an earthquake or a tsunami or a number of things really.
This is kind of dumb, but I was saddened by the depiction of Death (a spirit) in Neil Gaimna's The Sandman. They showed her shepherding a baby to the afterlife. I almost started crying. There is so much suffering in this world. Sometimes the worst people live the longest.

J

justtoojaded

Aug 23, 2022
This is kind of dumb, but I was saddened by the depiction of Death (a spirit) in Neil Gaimna's The Sandman. They showed her shepherding a baby to the afterlife. I almost started crying. There is so much suffering in this world. Sometimes the worst people live the longest.
Why were you saddened by it?

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Yes, it scares me to my core what happens in this world every second of the day. I have to not think about it or I lose my head.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
It's a horrible story and we should all be on guard when dealing with people.

Reactions: Celerity