Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
Really enjoyed the Invisible Library Series, not the most perfectly written, but lots of fun. The author is still writing for that series too.
Link;
Invisible Library Series

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I do read a lot actually. So you might askk why do I have so limited vocabulary. The answer is simple. I don't read much fiction, mostly technical literature (programming, industry and stuff).

Reactions: XYZ
L

llerutem5

Oct 8, 2020
Hi,

me too use to love reading real paper books containing a good fantasy story or a roman, especially when digital media wasn't invented yet. Reading nice books always calmed me down and relaxed my eyes. Preferably when it is a skilled author who adds some lovely or funny draft one page or the other to match the story. But I'm not a special reader, not even familiar with the genres. Is Tolkien fantasy? I really liked how he artistically created and wrote the lor stories, building great pictures in the readers mind.

Reactions: grungeCat
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
And last time i checked, it was free on Google Books! :happy:

I think a book club thread sounds pretty good to me.

It might be too much to ask for but I heavily support the idea. We could vote on the book to read. Give it a week or two for people to read. And then discuss it for a week before the next.
I do read a lot actually. So you might askk why do I have so limited vocabulary. The answer is simple. I don't read much fiction, mostly technical literature (programming, industry and stuff).
Reading is reading. Nothing to be ashamed of. As long as you read. I spend hours reading technical stuff on wikipedia everyday.
i read from time to time, but not as much as i'd like to.

i read the book thief last year. i loved how the author chose death as the narrator. not surprising, considering the time period, but it's interesting nonetheless.

another book i enjoyed reading was shanghai girls. i've reread it multiple times, and it never gets old. i really did feel as if i was living the protagonist's life.

i'm currently making my way through crime and punishment. i like it so far, although the language is putting me off a bit.

Ooooo. The book thief was one of my favorites when I was younger. I hope you enjoyed it. I'll be sure to check out Shanghai Girls.
I never read the original, but the concept is very familiar. Being a monster (by societal terms) created by a monster, and then persecuted by people just for trying to fit in. I love the alternative meanings that books Express.

My favorite book of all time is Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein".
If you haven't read it, do. It's a masterpiece, and one that most of us on this forum can relate to very personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: VIBRITANNIA
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Oh I forgot to mention, the Gunslinger is available in graphic novel too, with the whole saga set chronologically, instead of jumping around and is does in the books.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I used to read a lot, though I didn't really process what I read. It was like background music for me.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
has anybody read night by elie wiesel? it's heartbreaking, but an extremely good read.

for anyone else who can't get their hands on physical copies of books, i use literaturepage.com to read the classics.

Reactions: Silvermorning
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Yep. .Always liked reading . Both as a child and as an adult.

Reactions: Antigonish
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I used to read a ton when I was a kid, like literally constantly. I'd always have a book or a series I was making my way through.

I haven't really read anything in probably a decade now though, I just can't keep my brain focused on a book or get interested enough for it to really grab my attention.

My parents keep telling me to read this or read that but I just can't :(