R

refused

Oct 31, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have no firm plan yet, but am quickly reaching the end of my rope. I have enjoyed the outdoors my entire life and have spent lengthy periods of time traveling alone, hiking alone, and camping alone. This has made me feel best despite the constant feelings of wanting to escape life. I am beginning to think that perhaps I could save a nice chunk of money up, hit the road, and when all is said and done... end it on the mountainside. Ideally I wish I could purchase a gun and end it that way, but I live in a country of no fun.

Is anyone else kicking around an idea like this?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Neptunette and binturong
Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
Worst case scenario, the travel will recharge your batteries and you will live a long happy life afterwards.

R

refused

Oct 31, 2023
Worst case scenario, the travel will recharge your batteries and you will live a long happy life afterwards.

It has never been the case in the past, but I suppose there is always a chance. To travel costs money/time, and in my country you're always a paycheck away from being tossed out on the street. This is part of the reason I want to hit the eject button.

Reactions: Neptunette
Shiva_Story

Shiva_Story

Student
Mar 12, 2023
Years ago i asked myself: "anything else you'd like to experience before kicking the bucket?"

and the answer: "to travel to and explore exotic places!" & "to see in 1st person what this world has going for it elsewhere"

That was the best decision of my life and it caused me to grow like nothing else. I'm about to venture to my 3rd 6+ months voyage to SE Asia this week and if things stay same or worse then take the ultimate trip.

R

refused

Oct 31, 2023
Years ago i asked myself: "anything else you'd like to experience before kicking the bucket?"

and the answer: "to travel to and explore exotic places!"

That was the best decision of my life and it caused me to grow like nothing else. I'm about to venture to my 3rd 6+ months voyage to SE Asia this week and if things stay same or worse then take the ultimate trip.
It makes me smile to think that I am not alone in thinking this way. I love the place I live, but my country has been bought and sold long ago. I like to visit the mountains here, but at this point it costs a few fingers for the experience.

Reactions: Shiva_Story
T

TookATurn

Apr 8, 2023
Yeah I'm thinking something similar, I've developed a physical condition that makes living life near unbearable. I figure we can only play the hand we're dealt and things aren't so horrible as to push me to ctb quick. So I'm putting money away for one last big excursion to cross some stuff off the bucket list. It's slow going but in a couple years I should have enough to spend sixish months seeing what there is to see. And then I'm thinking, like you suggested, of just heading up for one last campout and ending it while staring up at the stars. But yeah idk the world is a beautiful place, and for me personally I want to experience and at least try to understand what there is out there before taking that last trip into forever.

Reactions: Shiva_Story
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
That was the best decision of my life and it caused me to grow like nothing else. I'm about to venture to my 3rd 6+ months voyage
You are lucky, i would have liked to do that but due to disability and other issues it was not feasible. If you feel like telling, which place you have traveled to have you felt better and did you like most?

R

refused

Oct 31, 2023
I offer my open ear to those dealing with disability that is eroding their quality of life. I feel like a child for simply not wanting to be a part of the industrial complex. I work in a profession where I am tasked to support others, meanwhile I hate my own existence and the world around me. I don't want to live long enough to watch those I love age and suffer, nor do I want to experience that myself. I don't want to watch the world continue to destroy itself and each other, and I hate our inability to work together.

Dying on a mountain under the stars to me will be a blessing, and an honor.

Shiva_Story

Shiva_Story

Student
Mar 12, 2023
You are lucky, i would have liked to do that but due to disability and other issues it was not feasible. If you feel like telling, which place you have traveled to have you felt better and did you like most?
Yes, i'm very lucky to be this priviledged. On both occassions i went out of my comfort zone and bought a motorbike, travelled and explored Vietnam and the Phillipines.

Genuine humanity, kindness, authenticity and marvels of nature are present in abundance there. Compared to the westworld here It feels like being on a different planet there.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnwillingSavior
F

fxxhan175

Jan 7, 2024
Yes, i'm very lucky to be this priviledged. On both occassions i went out of my comfort zone and bought a motorbike, travelled and explored Vietnam and the Phillipines.

Genuine humanity, kindness, authenticity and marvels of nature are present in abundance there. Compared to the westworld here It feels like being on a different planet there.
My sister spent a couple months in SE Asia and absolutely loved it. It makes me really sad that I'll most likely never live long enough to see the places she wanted to return to and experience together. I wish you the happiest of travels. <3