• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
I hit my therapist he kept pushing me and i lots it and smacked him one . He was telling me to let my anger out so did lets just say never saw him after that LOL

Reactions: Ko9
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
The only positive thing I took from one therapist was a book recommendation, "Veronika Decides to Die" by Paulo Coehlo.

Has anyone read it? It's a good book tbf.

yep, read it a loooong time ago, it was released in 1998-99 if I remember correctly...ok now I feel old
they made a movie, Buffy the vampire slayer plays Veronica :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and omoidarui
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
yep, read it a loooong time ago, it was released in 1998-99 if I remember correctly...ok now I feel old
they made a movie, Buffy the vampire slayer plays Veronica :)

Wow, didn't know that. I might not watch it, as she isn't how I interpret the character.

The therapist recommended me the book hoping I'd understand its message and apply it to my own situation... I appreciated the thought, unfortunately though I don't think 'seizing the day' can be the answer for most people. We can't live every day like it's our last, we have to werk!

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and a_strange_day
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
My current psychologist is very nice. However in all my all years as a patient I've never understood the word "therapy". It just seems to be like ask how you are and what you're doing, which is something my friends and family do to. I've never experienced mental health workers dish any creative advice or some deep insight. If you're exercising and eating healthy and trying to live sensibly they just don't seem to have any advice to offer.

My buddhist teacher and his wife and family are the ones I know who are geniuenly theraputic because they are able to think outside the box and see the bigger picture.

I agree with this. A lot of the advice I recieved from my therapy was something I could have told myself if I bothered to have a little self-awareness. They are good at listening, but I feel like my friends are more genuine at doing so. So I don't really know...

Also, in my 2nd session my former therapist recommended me antidepressants. 2nd session. Who does that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shamana
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I agree with this. A lot of the advice I recieved from my therapy was something I could have told myself if I bothered to have a little self-awareness. They are good at listening, but I feel like my friends are more genuine at doing so. So I don't really know...

Also, in my 2nd session my former therapist recommended me antidepressants. 2nd session. Who does that?

These days antidepressants are dished out immediatly just like diagnosis are often made in the first or 2nd sessions while in the past a diagnosis was first made after a long period.

I cannot say that whether you should take AD's. I personally think most are shit.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
Mine forgot my name halfway through a session, started calling me Toni.

• Aww..
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
These days antidepressants are dished out immediatly just like diagnosis are often made in the first or 2nd sessions while in the past a diagnosis was first made after a long period.

I cannot say that whether you should take AD's. I personally think most are shit.

it can help, give the little extra energy needed to go back for a ride. been taking it for 20 years and it helped even if today it seems it dosen't work anymore.
but it's just part of the process, if you are deep down in the hole it wont really help, at least for me

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
it can help, give the little extra energy needed to go back for a ride. been taking it for 20 years and it helped even if today it seems it dosen't work anymore.
but it's just part of the process, if you are deep down in the hole it wont really help, at least for me

Not really been my experience they give energy. They just numb the fuck out of me, cause insomnia, make me gain weight, lower my testosterne, destoy my libido and sexual function, decrease my cognitive ability and are fucking impossible to get off.

• Wow
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
Not really been my experience they give energy. They just numb the fuck out of me, cause insomnia, make me gain weight, lower my testosterne, destoy my libido and sexual function, decrease my cognitive ability and are fucking impossible to get off.

depends which one you take, personnaly switching between Fluoxetine and Sertraline, never had any problem of weight, insomnia or else after the first 2-3 weeks, but yes definitely problems of libido/anorgasmia over the long term

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
A doctor at a clinic met with me one time and after 20 minutes she decided I needed to change antidepressants to mood stabilizers. I'm shocked by how quick they are to change a person's brain chemistry...

• Wow
ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Has anyone actually had a therapist they've felt safe talking with and genuinely enjoyed going to see them?

My experiences:
I've had many therapists throughout my life and there have only been a few that have actually been good to me. There is one woman who I love but is especially hard to get in to visit (No openings for regular visits so I have to wait 6 weeks to see her) This is not to say I haven't had amazing therapists... they're just in short supply.

WHY I AM COMPLAINING...
I was recently diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and decided to try DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy)
Yesterday was my first appointment with my new therapist. I was waiting for my info to load at the front desk when this woman walks up and starts talking about a patient who just walked out of the office. They started complaining to each other about how this woman had +900$ in debt and how she told her social worker she felt threatened by being asked for money. This went on for a while and I ended up learning this woman's LAST NAME, AGE, JOB, HER BASIC DIAGNOSIS, HOW MUCH SHE OWES, HOW LONG SHE'S ATTENDED DBT, & other personal bits. All throughout this I showed visible discomfort, glancing up at them with a worried look, shaking my head, ect. Then the lady turns and introduces herself as my new therapist!! I just listened to her break hippa laws for +7 minutes, wtf--I DON'T WANT TO TALK WITH HER!!

I guess I'm just tired of people... I'm ready for robots therapists who don't feel the need to share info like that..
That is terrible! I wouldn't want to talk to her either!

I am in the hospital at the moment and it feels like I am going around in circles. At first ECT was put on the table and held up as the great beacon of hope. Now the Drs are purporting that there is a change in my mood but I don't feel anything at all. Then they referred me to an occupational therapist who I understood was going to help me with going back to work. Not the case. All he could offer was DBT. I have done DBT in the past, twice! I am not doing it again!

I had one really good therapist. Once. Years ago. If I could go back to her it would really help
Unfortunately, I've burned through a pretty long list of therapists. With one glaring exception, they've mostly been perfectly nice people, but each one failed to make much progress with me. I have a complex case, and I think I overwhelm most of them. They just don't know what to do for me.

I really liked my last therapist, but we reached a point where she had exhausted everything she could think of and had to tell me she didn't think she could help me. We agreed I should try someone else who specialized in a different type of therapy. She was right and I appreciated her honesty, but it still sucked.

My current therapist... I am not getting along with her. She's enthusiastic and nice, but she's brand new to the field and very inexperienced. I'm actually shocked they gave me to her, and it is extremely frustrating trying to get through every visit. I literally cry my soul out to her and tell her I'm suicidal and terrified, and she responds by asking me if I'm being my authentic self and living my best life or asking if I really want to get better. She's also big on positive thinking and affirmations. Not helpful.
That reminds me of one I had who was always trying to get me in touch with my inner child. I was imminently suicidal and in serious distress and she told me to go swing on a swing in a playground....

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and sad_frog
sad_frog

sad_frog

May 21, 2019
That is terrible! I wouldn't want to talk to her either!

I am in the hospital at the moment and it feels like I am going around in circles. At first ECT was put on the table and held up as the great beacon of hope. Now the Drs are purporting that there is a change in my mood but I don't feel anything at all. Then they referred me to an occupational therapist who I understood was going to help me with going back to work. Not the case. All he could offer was DBT. I have done DBT in the past, twice! I am not doing it again!
--------

Did ECT myself from ages 18-22. Would NOT recommend. The good feelings from the treatment only lasted as long as the week you spend recovering in bed. I also had horrible short and long term memory loss,.... which is sad to me. Not to mention I developed a phobia towards the treatment after doing it so long. The feeling of being put under now causes extreme panic attacks. I have panic attacks for any sort of injection/ shot as well. I cant stand the feeling of medication pumping through my body and if I can taste it on my breath it just makes me wanna cry. Before I wasnt ever scared of things like that.. I mean.... Isn't it supposed to become easier the more you do something?