Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018

I've seen many mod posts saying it's impossible for this site to be banned but can't even think what other website they could refer to ?? Story was May 2019 so it's not a reddit suicide site

Reactions: Kikoo Loool
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
thewest said:
It included more than 288,000 forum messages from members discussing and aiding suicide and a "suicide wiki"

It's definitely this forum. We have this amount of messages and a wiki.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
That's strange because the news about them blocking access to our site came out almost 2 months earlier

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...n-government-heres-how-to-go-around-it.14320/

Reactions: Kikoo Loool and Avicii
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
That's strange because the news about them blocking access to our site came out almost 2 months earlier

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...n-government-heres-how-to-go-around-it.14320/

It has to be this forum though. They mentioned a suicide-wiki in that article.

Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018

Shit so it was this site ??? Why haven't other countries followed I would have thought they would ( not that I'd like to see this happen by the way) is it still blocked in Australia !? I see there was a way round it but for some rope not technical minded like myself getting access to it would be a chore and it would prob stop me from accessing damn

Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018
maybd the mods can explain this one ?? I looked up the web and won't go into details but says it's sever is located in the US

Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
An individual suicide cannot easily be connected to technical advice about suicide in general, in a legally effective manner.
This may be different for personally assisting people... as in PMs.
In practice, institutions will prefer not to bother, after all suicide is not illegal.
They tolerate it because it's easier - some will simply block.
If I wanted t take down this site, I would not even mention the subject suicide but use entirely different arguments, and approach different institutions.

M

Mbound

Experienced
Apr 29, 2019
From everything I've read, the main reason Australia banned this site and 8chan, and the reason Australia has the most raids from police for people who order N is because they have ongoing beef with Philip Nitschke and his organization Exit International (the guy who created the PPeH). I'm pretty sure it's that simple. He's pretty famous (or infamous) over there and they've harassed him and his members for years and years. And most of his members are old and/or terminally or seriously ill.

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: LogicalConclusion and Kikoo Loool