S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
A lot of people think they have bad luck, though most of the time 95% of others in the world would replace what they have with you, I mean real poverty. Just by posting a question on the internet shows how lucky you are compared to some, I am sure you are not starving just now either and have access to clean drinking water. The secret I think is trying to do the best for yourself, of course if raised in the correct family this can be a easier task, but not always the case for those people either...

This is so shortsighted its not even funny. Something a pro lifer would say.

I would gladly change life with a 3rd worlder without depression I dont give a damn about easy access to food or water if I want to die so bad everyday and cant enjoy literally anything.

Reactions: StillWaiting, burnedCookie, Stan and 1 other person
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
Yes. I wish I never went to graduate school. I wish I would have gone to a trade school to become a plumber or electrician. I wouldn't have been subjected to horrible people.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: azucaramargo, Tom9999, clarelively and 1 other person
clarelively

clarelively

dead girl walking
Aug 5, 2019
I imagine myself as an average person. Who enjoys what i'm doing with the people i love. But reality isn't as nice isn't it? I'm stressed out from all the work i have to do and my friends are leaving me cause i'm too stressed, and when i'm stressed i would become really aggressive. Occasionally i would break stuff and that would scare them more. On one hand i wish they weren't scared of my impulsive behavior but on the other hand i'm enjoying the fact that they're too scared to push my buttons.

Reactions: azucaramargo
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
loving spouse, happy family, enjoyable career, good friends, social hobbies, money and adventure
Thomasovitch, does ANYONE have all this? I mean, seriously... I think it's a myth.
Yes. I wish I never went to graduate school. I wish I would have gone to a trade school to become a plumber or electrician. I wouldn't have been subjected to horrible people.
I SOOOOOOO 10 trillion times agree with you here.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
I do to be honest.
Just imagine. You a 19 year old football player at a good high school somewhere. You have a nice girlfriend and a bunch of friends you could call brothers. Your family is just...rich and the typical wealthy suburban family. You go to university, study, etc...then get a wife,kids buy a house. Just like society wants you to. Everythings fine, no its almost perfect.

I wish I had that life. Unfourtnately I was born in the wrong place at the wrong time. I just had bad luck and that sucks. It really does. I can't believe it. My life was already destined to end this way the day I was born. When I think back it all makes sense now. The older you become the more you realize you never really had much control if any.

This world is not fair and it never will be. I see death as salvation. I will never have that "ordinary" life. Does anyone else see it that way? Like a inevitability. Feeling like you are living on borrowed time.
I feel that way but that is because at age 20, I was diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which is the highest ranking pain condition in medical history. I'm 34 now so I've had it for 14 years and my life was stolen from me. I'm going to tell you the truth and I hope it doesn't upset you. Life doesn't just hand you things. It has nothing to due with fate or destiny. if you want something you have to go out there and work your butt off for it. I don't believe your life was destined to end this way the day you were born. We all have to make choices in this life. And we have to then deal with the consequences. No life isn't always fair but when something bad happens to you, you have to turn it around if you are able to. Me? I'm not able to. There are no treat!ents or cures. but if you are healthy and able to turn your life around than go for it! You have a reasonable amount of control in life. The only thing we can't control is if we happen to get sick. But you have to start taking responsibility for your choices. If you don't put any work in you can't expect anything good to happen. no the world isn't fair. I'm well aware of that. But if you want to be successful and wealthy in life you need to get a good job. You can't expect money to fall from the sky. If there is a girl you like go after her. If there is something you want go after it and don't stop until you get it. You have to take responsibility. No one ever got anywhere by sitting on their butts waiting for something good to happen. You have to make things happen. So go make things happen!

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo
B

burnedCookie

Student
Aug 8, 2019
Oh yes. But If you'd asked me that twenty years ago I would have said that I'd rather be like I am and alone than one of those mindless sheep surrounded by a bunch of mindless friends.
After a lifetime of fighting myself and what I am I finally realized that these people I would so easily despise have at least a life and some happiness, things I never had. So if I could even just for a while live a normal life I definitely would.

Reactions: Tom9999
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I don't think it matters what status you are, depression isn't selective. So regardless whether you are rich and famous or poor and lowly it does not matter. I see human like computers. If there is an electrical or mechanical fault with the physical stuff, the computer will not function at all or with impairments. With mental health issues its more complicated. If its the code that make the whole computer work, then a few lines corrupted can sometimes make it looks ok and then BAM! It crashes big time.

Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I wish I didn't have bipolar. Love to have a life without it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chantal and Tom9999
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
Yessir. Every.Damn.Day.

Reactions: Tom9999
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Of course. Everyone on here does.

Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
Yes, you described the life Ive always wanted but could never seem to get my mind, emotions and body to comply.... Now throughly traumatized, and life wasted. ... Its over. ... But yes.... At 40 I should be at the hieght of my carreer... been involved with communites & projects.... married with kids.... using my talents & gifts....
What a damned waste
..... all those institutions i was in growing up... no one helped me ... and I fell thru the cracks. ..awful

I

inthespines

December wind has come my way
Sep 30, 2019
Both yes and no I guess. I don't like change and being this way, being me, is pretty much all I have. I'm used to it, and in some weird way, just as it causes me to suffer, it also provides me with comfort and safety, because it is me.

Reactions: nebula
Z

ZEROheroes4

Oct 4, 2019
I wish to have a good life, but not to be an ordinary person. Majority of the human race is selfish and not very kind to one another. They believe the "outcasts" are a burden and a disgrace and won't help the world go round. That's not true and is the opposite. The different ones are very intelligent/kind hearted souls who give love and want to be loved

Seagirl

Seagirl

Feb 26, 2019
Yes. Or I wouldn't want to die. I have to find the method & more importantly courage. I cant when do that properly.

W

wildmoon

Aug 19, 2019
I don't know if anyone has perfect lives but I think things would be different if I did not grow up in the environment I was in. I am sure of it.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Most 'normal' people in 1st world countries are depressed.
We live in a time where everyone is miserable.

Reactions: Kassender, LivingToLong, Circles and 3 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
No, I don't want their life. I don't want life at all. But even if I want it, I want myself just with better conditions so I can enjoy until I die. Why I want myself? I exposed the shit and lies of life and how normal humans are inherently toxic, do I want to be like that or be ignorant? No, and no matter how it hurts to know the truth, it is a powerful and precious thing to have. Also I like what I do and my hobbies even if I get anhedonic sometimes, I love them and I don't want to be someone normal that do things I hate.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Circles
Chantal

Chantal

Oct 5, 2019
I do to be honest.
Just imagine. You a 19 year old football player at a good high school somewhere. You have a nice girlfriend and a bunch of friends you could call brothers. Your family is just...rich and the typical wealthy suburban family. You go to university, study, etc...then get a wife,kids buy a house. Just like society wants you to. Everythings fine, no its almost perfect.

I wish I had that life. Unfourtnately I was born in the wrong place at the wrong time. I just had bad luck and that sucks. It really does. I can't believe it. My life was already destined to end this way the day I was born. When I think back it all makes sense now. The older you become the more you realize you never really had much control if any.

This world is not fair and it never will be. I see death as salvation. I will never have that "ordinary" life. Does anyone else see it that way? Like a inevitability. Feeling like you are living on borrowed time.
This standard of living is sold to us as the only way to happiness. It is not possible for all people to live this way, it is illogical, the world cannot afford it. We have to stop buying this idea that we have to be great. We won't be, nor we need to be. I too bought this idea and got sick. The market sells us what we can never have as a symbol of happiness because it makes a profit. And frustrated people also give a profit for the pharmaceutical industry by becoming depressed. Get out of this vicious circle. People who have this life you want are also sick, because something else is probably sold to them, a new consume dream to make them think they will only be happy when they get it. Everyone is sad. It is impossible to achieve all the ideals imposed by capital, you will always fall short.

Reactions: Élégie
E

End Piece

Student
Oct 4, 2019
I had (have?) a pretty normal life like that, but am nonetheless miserable, and have been for almost a decade. I used to fuss over how I turned out so badly, whether I was born or nurtured into this. Now I realize it doesn't matter because either way, I'm dysfunctional. What I would really like to know is if I am truly depressed/anxious or just have a deeply flawed personality.

Reactions: Chantal

Oct 12, 2019
id want to have a good life but not participate in the drama or follow the average path school college marriage retirement if you know what i mean id make my own path bc i dont think i can conform to the average ordinary path

Last edited:
Reactions: Death. and Élégie
B

barty1013

Oct 24, 2019
"ordinary" people are great at unconsciously practicing cruelty. casually predatory, casually hateful, tribal, and lustful, but blissfully ignorant of it most of the time. everyone participates in this terrifying dissociated rampage. it's like there's nowhere else to go. you either do this or you die.
Oh God, you have put that so well

BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
Well I guess it would be ok if I were just like everyone else, but meh, I'm born as an outcast everywhere I go. I don't think I'm meant to pursue any happiness path they sell to me tbh. Look, I don't really spend time going out with my blockmates and I prefer to be with those from the organizations I'm in/my classmates from the previous semester. I feel more comfortable being in a group where we can talk about a certain game than in other stereotypical college activities. Orgs are always better lmao. As a result of this I'm back to the unpopular outcast trope like the one back in high school.

I'm just not "privileged" like everyone else.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Brick In The Wall
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I've always wanted to know what it would be like to live a simple and functional life, as well as have a purpose. I think under different circumstances, it could have happened... I have accepted the bad cards I've been dealt with and I've tried to live. But it's now time for me to get going.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Élégie and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I had an "ordinary" life but I couldn't leave well enough alone. Atleast about as ordinary as it can get in this messed up world. We always want more in life and enough is never enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
I often wonder of what could have been if I had made better choices, or what my life would be like if I had been born mentally stable/not raised in the environment that I was.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
The only normal thing I would like to have at this point if it even exists are sincere friendships who'd accept me for all my faults and imperfections. I wish I wouldn't feel empty when I'm around them either and instead feel an actual meaningful connection to another human being who can understand me and won't leave me when I'm at my worst, but alas I guess that's too much to ask for.

• Aww..
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
Tbh, I think I am an ordinary person with a good life. I look around and see many people would swap with me, I am comparatively very privileged. I know that. But that doesn't help. I know I ought be thankful for what I have (and objectively I am) but I don't feel any the better for it. I keep thinking I've missed a turn somewhere in my life. I don't know how I could have gotten here and still feel so... ungrateful. I cannot work out why I feel so dead. Is this what unfulfillment feels like?

My god that sounds like whining.

lowres

lowres

Scum
Feb 9, 2019
theres only one thing in my life i wish i could revert besides that, I'm happy ive been shit on and been fucked over its made me more considerate and more thoughful in many ways even though it has fucked with my psychology and scrambled my brain. suicide is not off the table yet but if everything goes ok in the next few months i will be able to recover immensely and lead a fulfilling life.

• Love
Reactions: barty1013
B

barty1013

Oct 24, 2019
theres only one thing in my life i wish i could revert besides that, I'm happy ive been shit on and been fucked over its made me more considerate and more thoughful in many ways even though it has fucked with my psychology and scrambled my brain. suicide is not off the table yet but if everything goes ok in the next few months i will be able to recover immensely and lead a fulfilling life.
I relate to what you've gone thru.....wish you the best

• Love
Reactions: lowres