quietly_gone

quietly_gone

π’”π’‘π’–π’•π’π’Šπ’Œ π’”π’˜π’†π’†π’•π’‰π’†π’‚π’“π’• πŸͺ
May 9, 2023
its my 21st day on lithium, and from what ive been reading it can cause stomach issues and brain fog, but i haven't been able to find anything that explains if it'll go away in the first week or so; or if it'll continue for as long as you're taking it.

my stomach has been hurting really bad for the past two days and the brain fog comes and goes, but idk if i can blame it on lithium. my experience with other medication showed that the side effects lasted for only a week.

i'm on 200mg btw

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
its my 21st day on lithium, and from what ive been reading it can cause stomach issues and brain fog, but i haven't been able to find anything that explains if it'll go away in the first week or so; or if it'll continue for as long as you're taking it.

my stomach has been hurting really bad for the past two days and the brain fog comes and goes, but idk if i can blame it on lithium. my experience with other medication showed that the side effects lasted for only a week.

i'm on 200mg btw
You have not changed the quantity of lithium or any other meds? And same aliments in your diet? No weight gain/loss? Because yes those are common side effect (of a lot of meds including lithium) but they usually manifest very early when you start it (like less than a week), then they either disappear when your body get used to it or they don't and you need to change meds.
Possibly something else is going on, a common virus or bacteria and you believe that it's the lithium because it's your newest meds.
Maybe wait a while and see if they pass, if not go to the doctor.

Don't underestimate the placebo effect too, I can attest to that, I thought a friend of mine got sick because of a fish we ate in a restaurant that wasn't great, a few hours later I started having symptoms of food poisoning too, turn out his sickness was unrelated, as soon as I heard that my headache cleared, diarrhea disappeared. It could be psychosomatic.

Upvote 0