• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
So...whenever I brought this up in therapy, at least the therapists I had were just dumbfounded. They don't seem to get it.

I have an issue where I'm convinced there's a bed bug infestation like for the past 6 years off an on. No, there's no signs. The blood on the sheets is from SI. I will vacuum, wash everything on high heat, throw everything away like every other month. I will flip the mattress, wash my bed frame down with soap, water and alcohol and religiously inspect glue traps. Not once have I ever found a bed bug (other than apparently earwigs, fire brats, a couple of silverfish and carpet beetles). I'll angst over if that carpet beetle or piece of lint or dirt is actually a sign of a bed bug. Worse is the skin picking. I'll becone convinced I have bites and scratch and claw at ny skin until it's red and has circular marks...from picking. Then my eczema reacts to the stress and soon it looks like I am a victim of bug bites.

Yes, I know this is irrational.

I chocked this up to OCD, but during a psych evaluation the psychatrist disagreed. She said it's only anxiety. The SSRI doesn't seem to affect frequency or severity of the delusions. In fact, even on good days, if I see a "sign" of a bug I'll revert to immediate desire to CTB. I will often just OD on sleeping pills when I can't stop so I can sleep and avoid the terror.

It often feels like bugs crawling on my skin and under the worst conditions I'll see bugs where there isn't. Not a lot. Just swearing I saw something moving and so I'll slap the sticky trap against it and then pull it away to see...nothing.

Regardless, psychiatrist and therapists brush it off. They go "consider using DBT skill check the facts or problem solving." The thing is, in my illogical, fearful state, no facts -- Google or a pest control inspector telling me there's nothing there -- ever decrease the feeling. I tell them this and they seem to just shrug like "You're not trying then."

Just what do I do? It really makes life hard. And why do my therapists seem deaf to it. They're always like "you know it's not real so it's not an issue."

silence of death

silence of death

May 20, 2023
i have similar symptoms with my paranoid schizophrenia, i see bugs and stuff, i feel presence, like there is someone behind me, or i can hear steps in place where there is nobody, but with time i was able to ignore those irrational tough, sometimes i get really anxious about them but i learned to relax by taking taking deep breath, and i guess medication help aswell
i hope you'll get trough it sooner than later, good luck friend

Reactions: Skatspielerin
I

IDIABUSE

Jan 24, 2023
There is a supplement called NAC nacetyl cysteine that helps with this, take 2000mg. You can buy it at any health store, organic stores like wholefoods or vitaminshoppe, Jarrow is the brand I use buy any will work.

Contrary to popular belief, dopamine is not the cause of schizophrenia, if that were the case why does methamphetamine psychosis presist long after the drug has worn off and presist long after dopamine levels fall below baseline.

There's a new hypothesis suggesting dynorphin may be the cause, it is a chemical in the brain responsible for dysphoria, bad feelings, negative hallucinations, bad LSD trips, etc

This still doesn't explain everything. But NAC. And opioid greatly help with this phenomenon. I've experienced it first hand and got rid of it with trial and error.

Start with a weak drug with mild opioid effects to start off. Go to your local headshop. Ask for RED BALI Kratom, ideally get a scale, take 4 grams with 2000mg NAC.

some forms of this phenomenon is caused by damage to the dopamine system rather than an excess of dopamine (explanation for lasting hallucinations long after the amphetamines wore off)

Cerebrolysin is an injectable peptide that repairs brain damage.

Get some 25 gauge 3/4 or 5/8 3ml or 5ml syringes. You can Also use 1/2 1ml insulin syringes just have to draw up and inject multiple times.

There's more treatments to this but start off with the nac and kratom as those can be easily bought locally for cheap.

Also note opioids have anyipsychotic properties, especially the strong ones like methadone and morphine, buprenorphine too. NAC Also has some of these effects. But remember they don't block or reduce dopamine they only normalize it and reduce dynorphins. They also make you feel good, really good. One of truly the best feelings life has to offer.

Believe me or not I've been through the hell of delusional parasites eg. Morgellous. Trust me I know it's miserable.

Hope this helps. Let me know how the stuff works.

Almost forgot, CBD also really helps and is known in the schizophrenia community. Buy a full spectrum CBD vape. I can provide a source for that as well. Cbd isolate powder works well too I know of a really cheap source. It also kills nausea, and is relaxing. Antipsychotic effects without any dopamine blockade. And is good for your health too, it's a cannabnoid but NOT like THC at all. Avoid THC. It can be used to stop a weed panic attack as it blocks its effects.

Cbd can be bought at vitaminshoppe but is much more expensive and you get less for your money but works in a crisis.

Last edited:
ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
There is a supplement called NAC nacetyl cysteine that helps with this, take 2000mg. You can buy it at any health store, organic stores like wholefoods or vitaminshoppe, Jarrow is the brand I use buy any will work.

Contrary to popular belief, dopamine is not the cause of schizophrenia, if that were the case why does methamphetamine psychosis presist long after the drug has worn off and presist long after dopamine levels fall below baseline.

There's a new hypothesis suggesting dynorphin may be the cause, it is a chemical in the brain responsible for dysphoria, bad feelings, negative hallucinations, bad LSD trips, etc

This still doesn't explain everything. But NAC. And opioid greatly help with this phenomenon. I've experienced it first hand and got rid of it with trial and error.

Start with a weak drug with mild opioid effects to start off. Go to your local headshop. Ask for RED BALI Kratom, ideally get a scale, take 4 grams with 2000mg NAC.

some forms of this phenomenon is caused by damage to the dopamine system rather than an excess of dopamine (explanation for lasting hallucinations long after the amphetamines wore off)

Cerebrolysin is an injectable peptide that repairs brain damage.

Get some 25 gauge 3/4 or 5/8 3ml or 5ml syringes. You can Also use 1/2 1ml insulin syringes just have to draw up and inject multiple times.

There's more treatments to this but start off with the nac and kratom as those can be easily bought locally for cheap.

Also note opioids have anyipsychotic properties, especially the strong ones like methadone and morphine, buprenorphine too. NAC Also has some of these effects. But remember they don't block or reduce dopamine they only normalize it and reduce dynorphins. They also make you feel good, really good. One of truly the best feelings life has to offer.

Believe me or not I've been through the hell of delusional parasites eg. Morgellous. Trust me I know it's miserable.

Hope this helps. Let me know how the stuff works.

Almost forgot, CBD also really helps and is known in the schizophrenia community. Buy a full spectrum CBD vape. I can provide a source for that as well. Cbd isolate powder works well too I know of a really cheap source. It also kills nausea, and is relaxing. Antipsychotic effects without any dopamine blockade. And is good for your health too, it's a cannabnoid but NOT like THC at all. Avoid THC. It can be used to stop a weed panic attack as it blocks its effects.

Cbd can be bought at vitaminshoppe but is much more expensive and you get less for your money but works in a crisis.
I don't think I'd be comfortable with injected opoids or them in general, I am a bit of a stiff/prude there. I can't even imagine buying edibles/weed, lol. I'll keep CBD and NAC in mind--NAC was recommended for my obsessive thought issues too so I already have some. Thanks for all the information!

I

IDIABUSE

Jan 24, 2023
I don't think I'd be comfortable with injected opoids or them in general, I am a bit of a stiff/prude there. I can't even imagine buying edibles/weed, lol. I'll keep CBD and NAC in mind--NAC was recommended for my obsessive thought issues too so I already have some. Thanks for all the information!
Kratom isn't a injectable. It's a plant herbal you drink.

https://drugsandbadideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/kratom-powder-for-sale.jpg

Cerebrolysin is the injectable. It's not a. Opioid. It's a peptide that boosts BDNF and CNTF which are neurotropic growth factors. I have great success with it for repairing brain damage. It can reverse severe brain damage.

Otherwise if you don't listen the delusions will never go away and will get worse. No offense at all I used to be the same way. And the only injectable opioid is heroin but can be used orally or snorted. That's a last resort and more often than not causes more problems hence why methadone clinics exist. Obviously those 2 are last fucking resorts.

To sum it up NAC alone is not enough.

When I had these delusions i was trying everything fast as I could to get them to go away. Start with NAC and Kratom. Some gas stations have it but honestly just get it at a headshop. Online is the cheapest but for now to get stable pick some up at a headshop. Ask for the red strains only. Like red Bali.

As for cerebrolysin sure I hate needles but it's the choice between getting over needle fear or deal with a Condition that will only get worse. Brain nervous tissue is horrible at self repair and neurons need "motivation" to repair themselves. Hence why after years and years I never got better till I started doing something.