• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TheLastGreySky

TheLastGreySky

Experienced
Nov 24, 2023
Like seriously, I think one of the most liberating things about ctb is that you at least to some degree have the ability to like without consequences for at least a short while.
Personally, I've been too depressed to have more than one other 1 item on it. I know a lot of people will want to stick to familiar things. I get that, but even if you can't do the items on your list... what are some of them? Be honest.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
My Bucket List:
1. Go somewhere and die.

I see no point of enjoying anything just to die right after. Any form of enjoyment just poses the risk of wanting to stay alive a little longer.

Reactions: XXXWRLD, haibane, sleepy10 and 2 others
TheLastGreySky

TheLastGreySky

Experienced
Nov 24, 2023
My Bucket List:
1. Go somewhere and die.

I see no point of enjoying anything just to die right after. Any form of enjoyment just poses the risk of wanting to stay alive a little longer.
I understand that... but well, here you are. Are you really wanting to die or are you making sure that this one choice is the be all end all solution to every fear and problem you have? I personally romanticize death, and I know it's not really something most people do, but I admit it.

The only thing that really ticks me off is the waiting.
But, if you fear the possibility of enjoying things and wanting to stick around longer, I really would love to hear what as much as you're willing to tell me about where you've been. You don't have to do anything, I feel like I'm the only bad guy here. I know I'm wrong, it's just how it feels y'know?

*Cat ran across my keyboard, had to edit*

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Death is inevitable and won't necessarily wait until you're inundated to the max with "fears and problems". It can strike on the best day of your life. The end all be all is coming regardless. I see no point of delaying it if probabilities for the remaining of it lean towards suffering.

I am on this site for researching the best methods with a little banter about life mix in. My desire to live rotted long ago. Zero doubts.

Reactions: haibane, AshersGirl, oddetoad and 1 other person
SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
I just enrolled yesterday to schedule my own skydiving training & tandem dive appointments from 15,000ft! Been considering it for 20+ years, but running out of time to accomplish

I'd want to, but would never attempt suicide from that situation

Reactions: wobblycoatrack
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Yup.

1. CTB

Reactions: haibane, AshersGirl and Goku Black
U

until death

maybe it's time to say goodbye
Dec 12, 2023
Cleaning my home before I die

• Hugs
Reactions: TheLastGreySky
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
The only thing I'd like to do before I ctb is go to an Ayahuasca retreat.

Reactions: oddetoad
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
My Bucket List:
1. Go somewhere and die.

Yeah. And anything I could do that's supposedly so enjoyable I won't remember it after I'm dead / not-existent forever . 2024 is almost here how fast did this year 2023 fly by? Really fast. time flies like that and we'll all be dead like that , another reason life is a scam. The irony is that unbearable pain can make every second seem like it lasts a long time while time flies when you're supposedly having fun another reason life is hell

Last edited:
Reactions: AshersGirl and MatrixPrisoner
TheLastGreySky

TheLastGreySky

Experienced
Nov 24, 2023
Death is inevitable and won't necessarily wait until you're inundated to the max with "fears and problems". It can strike on the best day of your life. The end all be all is coming regardless. I see no point of delaying it if probabilities for the remaining of it lean towards suffering.

I am on this site for researching the best methods with a little banter about life mix in. My desire to live rotted long ago. Zero doubts.
You seem honest here. I'm sorry if I came off rude whatsoever. I was curious if you were trying to fill a psychological need for control by considering ctb, however I no longer believe you do. I feel like viewing death as an ideal peace and sleep as objectifying and glorifying escapism, however I romanticize death as the unknown because surely IF their is a world beyond this, it has to be a "real" one.

This material world that we live in feels like a plastic beach to me.
The only time I have ever felt alive was dependent on someone else,
and honestly, if our only happiness is external and our only true validation is internal...
what is the substance and the value that everyone else seems to see in life?
Overstimulation via electronics or casual encounters and drama between silly putty enemies is just mundane.
I can't tell the difference between a human being and a paper doll, ether way if I let my guard down I'm gonna get cut by edges I overlook.
And then what? The round peg goes into another round hole?
From copacetic social tidiness to self centered nihilism,
All there is chaos masking the illusion of choice.
You can shop at Dillions or Smiths, but Kroger owns and operates both.
And all this alone is bad alone, but for these comorbid substances to be topped with the cherry of being boring as hell?
I get why you're done.
I don't blame you,
I was curious.

... Meow lmao.
It drove me crazy.
I just enrolled yesterday to schedule my own skydiving training & tandem dive appointments from 15,000ft! Been considering it for 20+ years, but running out of time to accomplish

I'd want to, but would never attempt suicide from that situation
Wow that sounds exciting. I honestly think it's better that you aren't going to ctb that way JUST because at least then you get to take in the landing and the sensation for the first time, and then if you decided to ctb that way, you have then experienced both sides of the coin.
The only thing I'd like to do before I ctb is go to an Ayahuasca retreat.
Personally, I'd love to try DMT again or drop like 10 pounds of mushrooms. I have never done Ayahuasca before but I bet it's amazing. I hope you get the chance before you go.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: breezeboy
TheLastGreySky

TheLastGreySky

Experienced
Nov 24, 2023
Yeah. And anything I could do that's supposedly so enjoyable I won't remember it after I'm dead / not-existent forever . 2024 is almost here how fast did this year 2023 fly by? Really fast. time flies like that and we'll all be dead like that , another reason life is a scam. The irony is that unbearable pain can make every second seem like it lasts a long time while time flies when you're supposedly having fun another reason life is hell
Honestly, the way we're wired is fucked up. So, let me get this straight... my anger is a secondary emotion and is a manifestation of the feeling it's masking. So, my mind won't let me know what I'm feeling and my ego won't let me accept it?

Is this a bad joke?

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
My bucket list is to earn some money for my funeral so i won't burden my family with it. I love them so much and I want them to suffer as little as possible.

• Love
Reactions: blurred, Forever Sleep, annointed_towers and 1 other person
TheLastGreySky

TheLastGreySky

Experienced
Nov 24, 2023
My bucket list is to earn some money for my funeral so i won't burden my family with it. I love them so much and I want them to suffer as little as possible.
I was trying to do the same but things changed, and now I'm walking the tight rope above recovery and passing away.
I hope you suffer less in knowing that you're doing all you can to be there for them, even in death.
It's hard loving someone... and not being able to stay for them.
It might make them feel abandoned, and it hurts to think of that.
But nothing can fill the voids inside us but healing or death.
And for so many people healing is an alien concept and it sucks.

Reactions: Alltheywanted
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I was trying to do the same but things changed, and now I'm walking the tight rope above recovery and passing away.
I hope you suffer less in knowing that you're doing all you can to be there for them, even in death.
It's hard loving someone... and not being able to stay for them.
It might make them feel abandoned, and it hurts to think of that.
But nothing can fill the voids inside us but healing or death.
And for so many people healing is an alien concept and it sucks.
It describes me so thoroughly that it made me cry reading your message because every damn day I even wish I could be healed or die. I just want something to happen. I hate being in between. Every day is fucking misery and it's all because of my severe depression. My job literally makes me vomit from the stress these fucked up people put on me, even tho I eat less than 1 sandwich per day. My antidepressants make me feel like crap and the only "positive" thing they do is make it harder for me to think, which is very problematic because of the school I still attend. The worst part of all this is that apart from my illnesses, my life is "great", like I don't look bad, my family loves me, I was intelligent before I started taking antidepressants, I have a few hobbies and I just couldn't imagine a better therapist than I have now. It feels like taking my life away would be such a waste of time that could be spent well if I only could get better but I don't know if I'm strong enough to last that long. Time will show.

• Hugs
Reactions: wobblycoatrack and TheLastGreySky
P

paddykin

Dec 19, 2023
One thing, I call it my unfinished business because I can't go without knowing what went wrong is at least acknowledged. The rest of what the world has is pointless I've done and seen all I care to now it's weird.

wobblycoatrack

wobblycoatrack

Oct 5, 2023
I'm currently in recovery but I also have a bucket list. It started as things to do before I ctb but now it helps when I start spiralling badly back into intense SI again cos I'm able to use them to stop myself doing drastic in the moment when I know I will regret it cos it gives me more things to live for ig? I hope that might help any one here in recovery as another strategy, and for people not interested in recovery I hope your bucket lists bring you some peace and joy <3

TheLastGreySky

TheLastGreySky

Experienced
Nov 24, 2023
It describes me so thoroughly that it made me cry reading your message because every damn day I even wish I could be healed or die. I just want something to happen. I hate being in between. Every day is fucking misery and it's all because of my severe depression. My job literally makes me vomit from the stress these fucked up people put on me, even tho I eat less than 1 sandwich per day. My antidepressants make me feel like crap and the only "positive" thing they do is make it harder for me to think, which is very problematic because of the school I still attend. The worst part of all this is that apart from my illnesses, my life is "great", like I don't look bad, my family loves me, I was intelligent before I started taking antidepressants, I have a few hobbies and I just couldn't imagine a better therapist than I have now. It feels like taking my life away would be such a waste of time that could be spent well if I only could get better but I don't know if I'm strong enough to last that long. Time will show.
You seem overwhelmed. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 31. And I have 4 kids that I can't see them because of the combination of my mistakes involving her mom and her being a very toxic narcist. For a long time I was severely depressed with them, it was because I was a destitute and felt like I was just a placeholder for a real person. It took a long time for me to come to the understanding that child trauma and abuse arrested my emotional development and I never learned to love myself. And I know, that sounds so simple. Yeah, maybe it is for a "person". But I had never been a person. I never healed, I only made a protective casing over myself. And eventually it broke. And I have to say, although you're free to do whatever you chose to do in your situation... I truly believe that you're strong enough to make it through for the sole fact, that you're not afraid to face your emotions here, to a total stranger. I think that's really strong.

Being vulnerable is harder than being cruel.
And you feel like you should be happy, but really... the hard part is the realization that it all revolves around how you talk to YOUR self.
I remember my middle son being about 6 or 7 and he was looking at himself in the long vanity mirror I had, and he was talking to himself and I heard him say
"I look good, yeah I look great!" And I paused... I realized that I never ounce had a moment where I was "happy" with myself.
I think a lot of people chase "happiness" and happiness isn't what we're sold, at least in my opinions.
I think finding a passion is much more realistic, and well... full disclosure I let this disgusting little voice in my head talk down to me.
And I've googled it for years, and it's like depression's dirty little secret.
Every negative voice that you have internally was once an outside voice, and even if it wasn't directed at you when you first heard the things you carry around...
You assigned these attributes to yourself, but they're just labels, and I know that makes all this sound easy and that it makes healing sound simple but...
The hardest HARDEST thing you will ever have to do is change YOUR Perspective. And if you don't believe you can, than you won't. If you believe you can than you CAN. My current gf taught me thinking about doing something is two steps away from doing it.

I got out of prison last December and was living in a homeless shelter. I tried to contact my ex fiancée and she had a new guy and a baby.
This hurt deeply, I felt worthless and replaceable. I spent this year unable to trust another human being and planning to ctb. Two weeks ago this was going to be my last year. And well, I emailed my ex, and I broke down my how bad things hurt me and how I essentially was betrayed. And she replied and it started as a shouting match. And I didn't know how bad I had hurt her... See, I was blinded by my pain. I had lost custody of my kids and a wife of 12 years (17 to 28) and when I met her I was broken and yet she somehow got inside of my heart. And All the while I had prison looming over my head. I don't want to recap the full story but I really made huge mistakes and there was a huge situation that pulled us apart and we took it out on each other.

so I'm just going to where we are in this moment.
We've sent over 100 emails in the past 3 days, and we've talked the past 2 nights from 2 or 3am to 5 or 6 over the phone.
Today we talked about how I would tease her by calling her Ukume from the movie Jungle 2 Jungle.
Excuse my language, but it has to be said... I am FUCKING AMAZED at how fast things have improved.
And I am extremely thankful beyond words. The truth is she saved my life in 2020, and despite losing her before...
She has never stopped being my passion? And did I mention? She's a natural redhead??

I know full well that I don't deserve a miracle. But I am now faced with the choice of the security of "sleep" or spending a life with the love of my life.
I don't ever try to talk anyone out of ctb, however... I think it's often something we use as a final solution, and a be all and all.
I believe in quality of life. And honestly, your kids need their Dad. So, you do whatever you chose to.
But when you're passing out from a ctb attempt, it's too late to try "one" last thing.
If you ever want to talk, message me whenever, and if you cross over than I pray you find peace.
Whatever you chose;
You are enough.
You have everything you need already inside of you.
I can't say what's right for you.
But the words "I can't" are words that upset me when people are talking about ctb.
You can kill yourself... you can pretty much do ANYTHING else.

Sorry, I type a lot... hence all the emails I've mentioned lol.
One thing, I call it my unfinished business because I can't go without knowing what went wrong is at least acknowledged. The rest of what the world has is pointless I've done and seen all I care to now it's weird.
I get it. Dude, I have the male fantasy... and well, I partied until it became painful, like being stuck on a roller-coaster for decades. Anhedonia really seemed like the celling until recently for me as well.
I'm currently in recovery but I also have a bucket list. It started as things to do before I ctb but now it helps when I start spiralling badly back into intense SI again cos I'm able to use them to stop myself doing drastic in the moment when I know I will regret it cos it gives me more things to live for ig? I hope that might help any one here in recovery as another strategy, and for people not interested in recovery I hope your bucket lists bring you some peace and joy <3
I think you're going to leave this world behind, you might as well throw a going away party, and if you suddenly have the desire to leave...
what's the problem with that? It's your life to live or to end and you're not locked into a decision until you're actually dead.

Last edited:
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
No, not really. I guess I'm living through to see a concert for an artist I love, so that might count, but my bucket list is currently get my ctb materials otherwise.

TheLastGreySky

TheLastGreySky

Experienced
Nov 24, 2023
No, not really. I guess I'm living through to see a concert for an artist I love, so that might count, but my bucket list is currently get my ctb materials otherwise.
Yah, you backkkk. Who do you want to see? I wish I had gotten to see Lil Peep or Juice Wrld before they passed.

• Love
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Yah, you backkkk. Who do you want to see? I wish I had gotten to see Lil Peep or Juice Wrld before they passed.
Call me a weeb, but hatsune miku. Her music was there for me when I went through hard times.

Wait lil peep is dead? Dang I live under a rock.

kettlevinbarq

kettlevinbarq

I'm Tired
Dec 12, 2023
I would rather live 1 incredible year than suffer 30 emotionally volatile years. Knowing that I don't have to bear any responsibilities is so freeing. I'm going to spend all my money and do everything I want to do. Go to a bunch of cities in Japan, go to Iceland, go to a dark sky sanctuary, bahamas, thailand, finally meet my nieces and nephews in China, a bunch of US national parks, and eat at the best restaurants I've saved on my tiktoks.

• Love
TheLastGreySky

TheLastGreySky

Experienced
Nov 24, 2023
Call me a weeb, but hatsune miku. Her music was there for me when I went through hard times.

Wait lil peep is dead? Dang I live under Don't feel bad. Someone just told me Kurt Cobain died. Lol
I would rather live 1 incredible year than suffer 30 emotionally volatile years. Knowing that I don't have to bear any responsibilities is so freeing. I'm going to spend all my money and do everything I want to do. Go to a bunch of cities in Japan, go to Iceland, go to a dark sky sanctuary, bahamas, thailand, finally meet my nieces and nephews in China, a bunch of US national parks, and eat at the best restaurants I've saved on my tiktoks.
Thats what I'm talking about. There's literally this guy who licks things on youtube like planes and stuff, and while he's been arrested a bunch of times... at least he dares to do what he loves for fun.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, there are places I'd like to visit/revisit and say goodbye to- mainly landscapes including water- the sea, a river, a waterfall, a lake.

I love food, so it would be nice to eat some favourite foods before I go. I love music and film, so enjoying them for the last time would be good.

There's also a whole lot of boring shit that I'll feel I need to get done before I go though. Notes, delayed emails, tax returns up to date, stuff organised for my solicitor, preparing the area, prepaying for a cremation, making some effort to tidy and clean. I'm dreading all that but at least I'll be able to tell myself it's the last time I'll have to do it- I don't really believe in an afterlife or reincarnation.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
There's also a whole lot of boring shit that I'll feel I need to get done before I go though. Notes, delayed emails, tax returns up to date, stuff organised for my solicitor, preparing the area, prepaying for a cremation, making some effort to tidy and clean. I'm dreading all that but at least I'll be able to tell myself it's the last time I'll have to do it- I don't really believe in an afterlife or reincarnation.
My lack of any sort of material wealth has been a pain in life but I'm glad there is at least one advantage. :pfff:

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
If I put some thought into it I'm sure I could make a bucketlist but I don't really feel like it. It's exhausting just to live so getting to the point of doing those things that I might want to do seems like a painful endeavor. Sure once I do the thing it'll be enjoyable but it'll be temporary and then I'd have to go back or I'd feel the same afterwards. Not worth it.

• Hugs