Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
I miss my 9th grade biology class. I miss crying on the washing machine in my grandma's garage, no other place feels as comforting. I miss a very specific dinner I had at a restaurant for my sisters birthday that I'll probably never have again. I miss the big-ass library my elementary school had. I miss Pokémon go, it was the only thing that got my family out of the house together every day. I miss quarantine's curfew, specifically the fact that no one was driving anywhere after 10 so I could go on a walk at night and there would be literally no one, no cars or people or anything, just peace and quiet and darkness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, antigone_iris, Emily_Numb and 15 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I miss when I could just go outside and hang out with friends without having to worry about who's been out in public a lot or how much hand sanitizer I need.
I miss when I could also just go to movie theaters and watch a new movie.
I miss when I used to have enough memory to be able to remember specific things from longer than a few weeks ago without needing to be reminded of them.

Most of all I miss the five day period of September 24th-29th where I was interacting with her. Tomorrow it will have been two weeks since it ended...

• Hugs
Reactions: Emily_Numb, purplesmoothie, TheSoulless and 5 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I miss the first time experience in games and everything I loved. Games like Resident evil, Metal gear, Zelda, Ace attorney and many others. Those specific moments are unique and unable to replicate. Life is just missing stuff

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lost in a Dream, purplesmoothie and 9 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
2005. That's when my life ended. It could have been so different. If anyone feels the need to tell me how they barely remember it just don't. It's painful beyond words

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Homecoming, Final Escape, purplesmoothie and 9 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I miss sex.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, Lmd, TheSoulless and 5 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I miss my old self...the woman who had a name an identity, hobbies and interests. I miss my dog, my home I loved, my dead fiance, other very special people who have passed...I miss a lot. Nostalgia sucks.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, marcusuk63, Lost in a Dream and 10 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I miss drinking coffee and talking about everything with my stepdad.

I miss the " us against the world" with my son

I miss my girlfriends since I've moved away.

I miss the seashore, the salt cool winds, even the seagulls

I miss my last therapist

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, purplesmoothie, Stick and 4 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I miss watching football (soccer) with my father. I miss playing for the first time uncharted (all parts), cd black ops 2, tlou 2, fifa 15 and many other games. I miss grade 2. I miss eating the now extinct biscuit called lovely. I miss playing with plants. There are so many things I miss. ወይ ትዝታ!

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, Stick, XYZ and 2 others
Jellyfish42

Jellyfish42

Aug 23, 2020
I miss my innocence.
I miss having recess at school.
I miss being in the backseat of the car on long road trips.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sorrycantsavemenow, antigone_iris, Lost in a Dream and 8 others
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
I miss high school. I hated high school, but at least I had hope back then.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, clown_17, Final Escape and 6 others
RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
I miss the passion I once had as a child.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, Final Escape, TheSoulless and 5 others
Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
2012: The world ending, staying up all night talking to online friends, sleepovers, first kiss with my best friend at the time to deadmau5, crying in the back seat of my parents' car to MCR, cosplaying, not afraid to be myself, maybe the last good year of my life

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Emily_Numb, waived, Final Escape and 6 others
LivingDeadGirl

LivingDeadGirl

Sep 4, 2020
I miss my orange teddy bear from Avon. That bear went thro so much with me and made it across states with me. I miss my shadow kitty that I had to leave behind when I traveled to that new state. I miss my first love, not how he is now but how he was when I first met him. He was my hero, my savoir, my world. I miss my stepdad. He made all the pain feel survivable. He made me feel like I was loved even when my world was crashing down around me. I can't lie, I miss pain pills. They helped me get thro each day and survive just a little longer.

• Hugs
Reactions: antigone_iris, Final Escape, TheSoulless and 3 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I miss my childhood and adolescence. Things are so bleak now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, Homecoming, Final Escape and 8 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I miss the northbound M6 motorway when the rush is gone, the traffic has evened out and there is an ebb and flow to the road that is soothing drive.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Final Escape, purplesmoothie, TheSoulless and 3 others
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
I miss Norway.
I miss Finland.
I miss my friends in both countries.
I miss having a semblance of feeling at home somewhere.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Final Escape, purplesmoothie, TheSoulless and 3 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I miss being someone and being with someone.
I miss having some sort of life.
I miss driving.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, purplesmoothie, TheSoulless and 1 other person
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I miss playing animal crossing at my grandma's old condo in the loft. I miss my theater class in 10th grade where we would act out scenes. I miss when I was younger going to Massachusetts to visit my other grandma. I miss playing Pokemon X in my grandma's old condo. I miss the first time getting high. I miss downloading custom content on the sims 4 game at my college. I miss my entire childhood from age 0-9 even though I was bullied quite a bit during some of it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cosmonaut, Final Escape, purplesmoothie and 2 others
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
I miss having friends and boyfriends. I miss being part of the world. I miss feeling like belonged and that my parents loved me. I miss romance, feeling like I was someone and had someone like someone said. I miss feeling like a person, with hopes and dreams and values. I miss my dog. I miss my old house and when my parents were back together. I miss the juice squeezes I would drink with them and the pace salsa we would eat with chips. I miss my dreamsicle orange room. I miss my mom and I having adventures. I miss my dad and I playing video games. I miss suntanning and rollarskating with my friends.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Final Escape, TheSoulless and 2 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i miss having a dsi and a 3ds, with two copies of pokémon white 2, and playing the two games at the same time and "trading" my pokémon.

i miss playing soccer during recess on the field with the hill and always losing, but feeling so happy when my feet hit the ball.

i miss january of 2017, when my infatuation with a certain girl started, when my love was pure. i miss listening to music while driving back home from the mall during dusk.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Homecoming, Lmd, Final Escape and 2 others
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I miss long car trips with my family singing, staying awake until late talking with my sister about random stuff, traveling and sleeping in seedy places, go to college on rainy days...

Reactions: Stick, purplesmoothie and VIBRITANNIA
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I miss being in school and playing Yugioh with my two friends after exams in the library, after everyone else had left early to go home. It was essentially one five day week out of the entire school year that we could hang out and be happy. I also just miss that first year, all the teachers were wonderful, every day exploring that building and the town outside it was exciting, I wish I could go back to those times.

Reactions: purplesmoothie and Stick
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I miss a lot of things.

Sometimes it's specific foods, sometimes it's a person, or a place.

Sometimes it's just missing times when I used to be carefree and happy. Before everything got so fucked up :/

Reactions: antigone_iris, Stick and purplesmoothie
NeverEndingProblem

NeverEndingProblem

Oct 14, 2020
I've mostly forgotten what I miss because Ive basically been a 'shut in' for so long ... but I do miss being able to do simple things like catching public transport into the city and wandering around shops without this dreading social anxiety/agoraphobia. I miss normal human interaction without feeling I'm being judged. The only places I go really is back and forth to the Psychiatrist office - where I'm constantly being judged. So yeah, I miss feeling of 'not feeling self conscious' if that makes sense. If I didnt have this problem, i likely wouldnt be on this forum to begin with.

• Hugs
Reactions: waived, Mr.Nobody, Stick and 1 other person
Mr.Nobody

Mr.Nobody

Student
Jan 30, 2020
I miss the high school times I never had.

• Hugs
Reactions: Stick, antigone_iris, NeverEndingProblem and 1 other person
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

May 17, 2020
I miss Christmas break during elementary school where my mom would play Don Ho and the sent of pine needles filling the house. I miss goofing off with my school friends back in my hometown in Massachusetts. I miss being exited for school to be over for the day and seeing my mom wait in the car line-up outside the elementary school. I miss being obsessed with horses, and horseback riding. Basically miss everything from ages 0-12, after that it got kinda shitty.

Reactions: Stick and waived
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Childhood friends and the rural winter world. The smell of wood-stove and chimney smoke. Christmas lights, Christmas but not Christmas. When the blizzards would roll in and envelop everything. Being alone in that same winter landscape as I got older and walking through the stillness. Midnight during a blizzard in the woods. Midnight the day after a blizzard next to old stone architecture. Reading books inside as foot after foot piled up knowing that I didn't have to face school for a week. Spring trying to thaw the late season snow and ice. Squirrels, rabbits, birds, deer. Fields and meadows in the summer time. Late summer evenings through when it got colder into the early fall. Crickets, the golden light across fields of tall grass.

Reactions: Stick
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I miss childhood friendships, incredible places I've been and will likely never go back to before I die. I miss playing the most. I think when we stop physically playing as kids, that's when the depression starts to take hold.

Reactions: Stick, antigone_iris and waived
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Going outside and playing with friends , building dens , building go-karts ,

Going out and exploring .

The excitement of the local fair coming once a year as it has for the past 700 hundred years and is the largest traveling fair in Europe , this year is the 1st time it hasn't been thanks to the CCP virus .

not knowing what friends had been upto all week until you met up face to face

buying a daily paper that had real news in it and looking at the tv guid to see what was on the 4 channels and having to have a VCR because it was good tv and two things always clashed .
going out at weekend to pub and meeting up with mates for a catch up , game of pool , and if you where lucky pick up a girl /boy:wink:

getting up on a saturday then off to the city centre to do some shopping and have something to eat and renting a movie from Blockbusters for saturday night

Not being so brainwashed by tech that you didnt think it was a good idea to spend £15 on a single light bulb you can turn off with your latest must have smartphone.

Knowing your full streets household names , that all spoke the same language as you and didnt just dump their old mattress and tv in the street when they bought a new one .

Rose tinted spectacles ? , i dont think so , i`m not saying everything was perfect but it was a damn sight better than the shit hole the worlds turned into now .

• Hugs
Reactions: Emily_Numb, Stick, woxihuanni and 1 other person
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
I miss playing and being happy as a child (except when I was bullied), I miss high school - the trips, the parties, being in a band, accomplishing things. I wish I knew then what I know now.

Reactions: Stick and marcusuk63