Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Not my main reason for wanting to ctb, but it's one reason. I know I have friends, but from time to time, I feel lonely as hell. I felt even more lonely when my mom talked to me about going to college in another state where a lot of my family is. She said that no one is gonna want to hang out with me because they'll be too busy with their own lives.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Friend_A, essic., Living_Hurts_so_Much and 15 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I know I have friends, but from time to time, I feel lonely as hell.

Ah, the "alone in a crowd" feeling. I know it too well, it's not nice.

I'm curious... Do see your friends regularly in real life - do you all keep in touch with each other?

• Hugs
Reactions: essic., Bauhaus and Brick In The Wall
harkovv

harkovv

Everybody's different. Everybody's special. TCS.
Jul 14, 2020
I understand you. It's my not main reason too but maybe i'd stay and try to do something about my life if I'll have friends or close family. Unfortunately I don't have any real friendship or people who worry about me. Also zero support from my family, they make everything just worse. Having someone you can talk to about anything and vent would be nice but I guess it's not something I'll experience in this life.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: essic., Lorntroubles, crybaby and 2 others
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
Yes, I don't have any real life friends

• Hugs
Reactions: essic., Cuppatea856, crybaby and 1 other person
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Ah, the "alone in a crowd" feeling. I know it too well, it's not nice.

I'm curious... Do see your friends regularly in real life - do you all keep in touch with each other?
I don't see them regularly, but we sometimes talk on Facebook messenger

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
AwokenToReality

AwokenToReality

Just wanna close my eyes, and feel alright
May 27, 2020
One of the main reasons for me. Have no IRL friends & rarely see family members.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bauhaus, Cuppatea856, Lorntroubles and 2 others
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: Bct, crybaby, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
the-eternal

the-eternal

Apr 10, 2018
yes, it is one of the driving factors. i have nobody, neither in the flesh nor online.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Theodora, Lorntroubles, crybaby and 1 other person
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
Not the main reason, but I've tried to help several people when they were feeling lonely and never got the same back from them.

Over the years its become more clear to me how little anyone cares about me. I feel used.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DommeIsis, Bct, Lorntroubles and 5 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I have a couple online friends, they're great but it's just not the same as in real life.
Yes, I know.
Do you mind me asking why you don't have friends in real life?
I'm not asking for specifics. Maybe you have social anxiety or depression?

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and ocd is bad
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I totally feel you. *hugs* I'm married and still feel incredibly alone. It's as though the world goes on around me and I'm not really a part of it. A dream state.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink, Lorntroubles, ocd is bad and 1 other person
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
Yes, I know.
Do you mind me asking why you don't have friends in real life?
I'm not asking for specifics. Maybe you have social anxiety or depression?
Idk man, I just have a hard time connecting with people. Depression probably plays a role too because I usually don't look happy.

• Aww..
Reactions: esse_est_percipi and Brick In The Wall
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
I have several reasons for my decision to commit suicide.
But being alone is a very important thing. I'm 52 now and I've been alone all my life.
Really alone, no (real) friends or relationships. I've never been on vacation, almost never left the house. For the job only.

Complex PTSD, social phobia and depression are the reason.
Now that I have overcome these mental illnesses halfway, I can no longer stand loneliness.
Not only the loneliness now, I also can't bear the knowledge of loneliness in the past.

I know that nothing will change in the future, so I better end my senseless life now that I still can.

I will document the SN method here as well as possible so that at least my death makes sense.

Since I registered in the forum, I no longer feel lonely. It's a nice feeling to be here.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Zebedee, It'sMyLife, Taki and 18 others
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I have been surrounded by people for so much of the last thirteen years, and I have still managed to feel lonely everyday. Sadly, not even getting married changed that. Even now, I am in the basement guest room, typing this message on my phone, while my husband falls asleep watching TV in our bedroom.

SS is the most genuine company I've had in a while. I was feeling like absolutely shit earlier today (still am) and I felt like I just couldn't read through posts in the forum. That didn't last long. I'm back, because this is the only safe space.

• Hugs
Reactions: It'sMyLife, deleted, GoodPersonEffed and 2 others
scorpiooo2

scorpiooo2

saddest grl
Aug 23, 2019
I'm constantly surrounded by my mother, who continues to point out to me that I have no friends.

I have social anxiety, it makes it extremely hard to interact with others without feeling like I'm going to suffocate.

With that being said, being lonely is one of my many main reasons.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Theodora and Brick In The Wall
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I have no friends. Nobody seems interested in getting to know me. I don't know why. If they actually bothered to get to know me, they'd find I'm a wonderful person!

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: essic., esse_est_percipi, Good4Nothing and 2 others
wonderworld

wonderworld

w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶
Jun 5, 2020
it's defo one of my reasons why. I find it hard to trust people thus finding it hard to call people friends.

Reactions: Lorntroubles
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Loneliness is a big reason for me. I don't really have friends and don't see my family that often. I live alone too which I hate. I don't know why I'm so unpopular. Shit personality, ugly I guess.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: essic., No_more, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
It's a significant reason for me. I have a couple of online friends somehow but no one irl. A little over a year ago, things were very different. Having people around and being able to give them love and support is a core need for me. But there's no one around these days and sadly, I no longer have anything worthwhile to offer.

Wish I had at least been more stable and not so deeply depressed so I could enjoy what I did have a bit more. That's life, I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: Good4Nothing and draw a circle
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
@Squiddy
How are you currently and is the treatment going?

Yes It is possible to be lonely even if you have friends and family.

Loneliness is so aslo defined as lack of connection or lack of intimacy.

I have a small circle of friends and family i am lonely as hell. I am lonely because i dont fit in anywhere .

More and more i realise i dont belong anywhere and feel like an outsider in this world. People around me dont understand hence why i am lonely

Reactions: It'sMyLife and Meditation guide
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Not my main reason either, but I kinda get the feeling. Every friends I have in college already graduated and I haven't, and one of the most important people to me aside from my parents is having a new life and maybe unconsciously leaving me behind to have fun, so I'm being left alone to stew in my suicidal thoughts. My family is there for me, thankfully, but I can't disclose my feelings to them.

I like to talk but nobody would listen. Even though I have listened to my friends when they were depressed/suicidal, I can't tell them the same because they either can't relate or it's a trigger for them. I'm only a good friend when I'm happy.

• Love
Reactions: Bauhaus, Squiddy and AwokenToReality
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
@Squiddy
How are you currently and is the treatment going?

Yes It is possible to be lonely even if you have friends and family.

Loneliness is so aslo defined as lack of connection or lack of intimacy.

I have a small circle of friends and family i am lonely as hell. I am lonely because i dont fit in anywhere .

More and more i realise i dont belong anywhere and feel like an outsider in this world. People around me dont understand hence why i am lonely
I just started my new PHP program treatment today (technically I've been in it before ). It's going ok, but occasionally, I'll get these waves of hopelessness and how everything is for nothing and I'm currently feeling that way right now. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but it's so damn hard. I really feel like going into a coma right now and taking a break from life for the meantime. Also my psychiatrist forgot about my Ativan today when I went to the pharmacy to pick it up so I'm upset about that too. Maybe he thinks I'm addicted to it when I'm not because I've only taken it 4-5 times. I'm just feeling defeated right now and wish for a coma.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brackenshire and WinterFaust
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
@Squiddy :hug:

Do you regard yourself as an extrovert or an introvert?
How easy might it be for you to make new friends at college?

I've been thinking about this recently. I'm a very lonely person by nature despite being pretty gregarious.
I'm an introvert who likes the company of others. Whilst it seems like that doesn't make sense, I promise I'm not trying to be awkward!
I see it like this: being an introvert for me means that I need to be alone to recharge my emotional batteries. The company of others challenges me. That's a good thing, I need it and seek it out, but it also drains me and I quickly need to be alone again to recharge.
That means I have to spend most of my time alone to achieve any emotional stability. I've only ever met one other person in my entire life who doesn't drain me emotionally. She is so like me it's uncanny and I can be in her company and its as if I'm just with myself. Unfortunately, I haven't seen her in over twenty years, she is so far away.

So yes, sometimes the loneliness of being unable to connect to anyone else crushes me. I've been feeling a lot like that recently.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Bauhaus
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Definitely. My lack of ability to connect to people is crippling. I am so sad a lot of the time and feel so isolated.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Good4Nothing
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
Loneliness is the main reason I need to ctb. Nobody outside my family has ever wanted to connect to me beyond a casual aquantaince, or someone to use in small bursts. I'm tolerated, never liked. I don't blame anyone for it obviously, but it still hurts knowing I won't ever have a someone that actively wants to interact with me.

When everyone you meet, in every direction you take puts up a wall between you and them, you don't just feel left out, but increasingly trapped. Killing myself is the only way I'm going to escape this crushing and empty existence I am locked in.

• Hugs
Reactions: JAG_78, quiet.rabbit, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Unlucked

Unlucked

Student
Jul 10, 2019
Yes, I am so terribly lonely.

Reactions: Zebedee and Meditation guide
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I feel weirdly content being alone lately. Like I got used to it. I got broke into old personhood. I've accepted I'll be loner forever.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Deleted member 1465
AprilsBlessings

AprilsBlessings

Our tainted history is playing on repeat
Jul 26, 2020
Same as you, not my main reason but definitely one of the reasons.

Reactions: Meditation guide
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I just started my new PHP program treatment today (technically I've been in it before ). It's going ok, but occasionally, I'll get these waves of hopelessness and how everything is for nothing and I'm currently feeling that way right now. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but it's so damn hard. I really feel like going into a coma right now and taking a break from life for the meantime. Also my psychiatrist forgot about my Ativan today when I went to the pharmacy to pick it up so I'm upset about that too. Maybe he thinks I'm addicted to it when I'm not because I've only taken it 4-5 times. I'm just feeling defeated right now and wish for a coma.
@Squiddy
What is a PHP program treatment. Are you still in the hospital?

Good luck with your treatment and the program. You can do it i believe in you squiddy

We all have good days and bad days. I have days in which i have an extreme desire to catch the bus and i have days in which i am happy .
Remember good days do come even when we least expect it :)

What do you enjoy doing ?