John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
I'm having nausea when I try to eat and gagging violently. What is your health problem?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: HGL91, Soul, GrizzlyGrapefruit and 3 others
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Yes. Brain injury, tooth loss and glaucoma.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jon86 and Soul
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I have several health problems but the worst one is that my doctors call all of them imaginary so I am left to treat myself. I do a better job than them anyway, but it is upsetting.
I can heal myself with a few years effort, but the mental health abuse I've suffered makes me want to just give up and CTB.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: HGL91, czarodziej, jake3d and 5 others
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
I have several health problems but the worst one is that my doctors call all of them imaginary so I am left to treat myself. I do a better job than them anyway, but it is upsetting.
I can heal myself with a few years effort, but the mental health abuse I've suffered makes me want to just give up and CTB.
Is that in the states?
Yes. Brain injury, tooth loss and glaucoma.
How did you get a brain injury? How have things changed since it happened?

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
There's nothing wrong with my fucking brain, my idiot doctors just pretend there is. They just don't like me so they won't test for physical problems I report.
It's very common in the US, our doctors are vindictive assholes who face no accountability.
Anyone who contradicts a doctor =
"you're crazy!"

• Hugs
Reactions: czarodziej and Soul
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
How did you get a brain injury? How have things changed since it happened?

I was hit by a car two years ago. Things have gone downhill; personality change, cognitive problems, mood issues etc. etc.

Dropped out, lost many friends, girlfriend; the whole nine-yards.
Im switching between living at my parents' and with one of my last friends.

Just feel imprisoned in my own head I guess.

Good thing is that my heart is under a lot of strain at the moment, all fingers crossed for a heart-attack sooner or later.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Camille Lejeune, Soul, Going Home and 2 others
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
I was hit by a car two years ago. Things have gone downhill; personality change, cognitive problems, mood issues etc. etc.

Dropped out, lost many friends, girlfriend; the whole nine-yards.

Just feel imprisoned in my own head I guess.
That sucks man :( I hope things get better for you

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot and Tortured_empath
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I could/can handle my depression and anxiety. It's all the physical health shit and everything that goes with it that make me want to ctb.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: HGL91, czarodziej, Soul and 4 others
Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018
Mines Tinnitus the only reason I want to die - wax speaking to someone on Facebook the other day whose dad took his own life because he developed Tinnitus and couldn't cope commuted suicide late June- I'm holding on till my mam dies she turned 76 recently

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: HGL91, jake3d and Soul
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
Ya I had tinnitus for awhile but it went away. How long have you had it for ?

L

lella78

Jun 19, 2019
I was born disabled. I put a lot of effort to make my life work in some way... i had been able since my late twenties i guess. despite surgeries. then another chronic problem and everything went downhill. I had 35 surgeries, mainly spinal cord and leg. pain. disable in different ways in legs and arms. retinal detachment. incontinent. back problems, have to lie flat mostly. and i am still young.
I won the lottery.
i hate that, for people so ill, they don't help u in going away with dignity, without the fear of messing up.
your life is a nightmare, and your death must be too...

• Hugs
Reactions: kerolox, ThriveOrDie, Jon86 and 3 others
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
I was born disabled. I put a lot of effort to make my life work in some way... i had been able since my late twenties i guess. despite surgeries. then another chronic problem and everything went downhill. I had 35 surgeries, mainly spinal cord and leg. pain. disable in different ways in legs and arms. retinal detachment. incontinent. back problems, have to lie flat mostly. and i am still young.
I won the lottery.
i hate that, for people so ill, they don't help u in going away with dignity, without the fear of messing up.
your life is a nightmare, and your death must be too...
Man you've had a tough run of thing so haven't you. You might be able to petition some institutions in Switzerland I think it is that could help out. Dignitas I think it's called. Have you done any research on that?

L

lella78

Jun 19, 2019
Man you've had a tough run of thing so haven't you. You might be able to petition some institutions in Switzerland I think it is that could help out. Dignitas I think it's called. Have you done any research on that?

I should not be able to reach it on my own. I am a member of another association in Switzerland, but i made the mistake not to go when i was better. Now, to go, i should say the truth at my family and hoping they could carry me.
But where i live, this means that, when i will be dead and they will come back, they will face jail. I think the pain should be devastating enough without end in a jail after years of trial!
So i can't tell anyone and must do it on my own.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: jake3d and Soul
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
Oh that's terrible! I think people should be able to choose to end it peacefully instead of having to risk so much. It's sad that we have to go it alone as well. Where is it that you live?

Reactions: 1964dodge, Going Home and lella78
AaronArc

AaronArc

Jul 10, 2019
Tinnitus crew checking in.

• Hugs
Reactions: jake3d, Soul and throwaway123
G

Godofdeathftw

Every ounce of suffering is because of life
Jul 8, 2019
Pretty similar to you. Excruciating stomach pain and nausea, and occasionally throwing up after eating or while falling asleep. Basically chronic stomach flu that keeps getting worse

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: HGL91 and Soul
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Yes. My mental health problems were already present since day one and my social life was already non existent, but the diagnosis of essential tremor was the last straw and the reason why i'm here.
If it didn't have appeared i would still be an outsider with zero friends and the guy who would sit on the back of the room all alone in university but at least i would know i could rely on my health to keep me fighting and my self esteem up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
Pretty similar to you. Excruciating stomach pain and nausea, and occasionally throwing up after eating or while falling asleep. Basically chronic stomach flu that keeps getting worse
Do they have any idea what is wrong or is it like mine where they have no clue?

S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Yeah i have somatic problems but i honestly ive caused it by poor lifestyle. I feel so ashamed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Inevitable, Soul and Rukia
L

lella78

Jun 19, 2019
Oh that's terrible! I think people should be able to choose to end it peacefully instead of having to risk so much. It's sad that we have to go it alone as well. Where is it that you live?

sorry, i can't tell here. of course in Europe.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Its one of the reasons why I want to go. Health decides your fate in life. No amount of willpower can change that.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jon86 and lella78
L

lella78

Jun 19, 2019
Its one of the reasons why I want to go. Health decides your fate in life. No amount of willpower can change that.

yes. i struggled all my life. it so hard. you see peolpe that live with their able bodies. i am not saying that if you are healthy you have no problems. not at all. but having a wreck body means that you are cut out from life itself, moreover suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jon86, jake3d and Soul

1964dodge

Student
Sep 19, 2018
There's nothing wrong with my fucking brain, my idiot doctors just pretend there is. They just don't like me so they won't test for physical problems I report.
It's very common in the US, our doctors are vindictive assholes who face no accountability.
Anyone who contradicts a doctor =
"you're crazy!"
you are right most doctors don't give a shit about how we feel, if we don't agree we're called uncooperative. my gp is the exception, we argue, civily, sometimes for weeks and sometimes he wins and sometimes I win. but other doctors.....

Reactions: Going Home and fibroguy
G

Godofdeathftw

Every ounce of suffering is because of life
Jul 8, 2019
J
Do they have any idea what is wrong or is it like mine where they have no clue?
Just got scoped yesterday. The doctor wrote down around 10 possible things it could be. I'll find out soon what disease I have.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Let me count the ways ... Painful leftovers from radiation therapy, stomach problems no one can figure out, advanced emphysema, assorted side effects from the medications, migraine, nerve damage, a hernia ffs. And so on.

• Hugs
Reactions: kerolox, Godofdeathftw and GrizzlyGrapefruit
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Wow, sorry to hear the suffering that's taking place! A few years ago my retard a-hole dr prescribed a dangerous freakin combo of meds that I should NEVER had taken, took them for two days and wanted to stop, control freak a-hole ex fiancé demanded I keep taking them. We were on a hellcation and didn't want to deal with anymore silent treatment so I kept taking them and nearly died two weeks later.brain injury, muscle damage, kidney damage and nerve damage. I regret ever meeting my ex, worst experience of my fucking life
Peace

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Soul and Life+me=error
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
yea, i have a degenerative disease and every day it gets worse. it sucks to be young and having to live in what seems like an old woman's body.

doctors and family don't give a fuck, my body is decaying and i want to die with some dignity, this is not a life worth living.

• Hugs
Reactions: kerolox, Jon86, Camille Lejeune and 1 other person