• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Most men only receive flowers at their funeral.
Feb 18, 2024
Does anyone else receive random messages from people you don't know asking personally things, for example why you want to ctb. How do you want to do it, etc or is it just me?

Is this type of thing "normal"?

IMG 0026

In general i usually just tell it how. i'm starting to wonder if that's a sensible approach on here since there's been time i've replied to them types of messages only to never receive a response. i personally find it really peculiar. i have no interest in why random people are here and/or want to ctb. i personally wouldn't ask that type of thing if i didn't care. i certainly wouldn't ignore them for answering what i wanted to know.

If this is "normal" how do you respond?

Reactions: davidtorez
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
Wow, so many messages. I don't know why you get so many. Maybe I would ignore them or if you want to take the time to respond, go ahead.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
if it came from a person that you did not recognize then, i'd ignore for the most part. reporting them is also something you can do if it came completely unsolicited and made you uncomfortable in any way.

Reactions: RemainingDubious
4.I.2.Must.Die

4.I.2.Must.Die

Up with life I cannot put 🙅 ✋ Where's the exit 🔚
Nov 8, 2023
Does anyone else receive random messages from people you don't know asking personally things, for example why you want to ctb. How do you want to do it, etc or is it just me?

Is this type of thing "normal"?

View attachment 132789

In general i usually just tell it how. i'm starting to wonder if that's a sensible approach on here since there's been time i've replied to them types of messages only to never receive a response. i personally find it really peculiar. i have no interest in why random people are here and/or want to ctb. i personally wouldn't ask that type of thing if i didn't care. i certainly wouldn't ignore them for answering what i wanted to know.

If this is "normal" how do you respond?
Why are you circling how many messages they've posted on the forum and how many reactions they've got as this has nothing to do with messages sent to you and isn't included on this count?
Wow, so many messages. I don't know why you get so many. Maybe I would ignore them or if you want to take the time to respond, go ahead.
No no, that's how many messages the user has posted to the forum not to the OP.

psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
This has happened to me 3 times (at least from what I can remember) a few months ago

I found it strange but assumed it was normal 😓

(edit: because this particular user never asked the question of how/chosen method)

and haven't received one in a while now

• Informative
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I've only had one, related to the fact that I'm in the UK. If I was getting a number of them I'd let Admin know, just in case there was something suspicious about them.
Usually members will either invite messages on a post or else ask if it is okay to contact you.

• Informative
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Most men only receive flowers at their funeral.
Feb 18, 2024
Why are you circling how many messages they've posted on the forum and how many reactions they've got as this has nothing to do with messages sent to you and isn't included on this count?
It seems common when feeling suicidal for time to feel much longer. So the fact the user seemed to randomly be fishing for information, when they've been on here for such a long time yet haven't posted much makes it more unusual.
I've only had one, related to the fact that I'm in the UK. If I was getting a number of them I'd let Admin know, just in case there was something suspicious about them.
Usually members will either invite messages on a post or else ask if it is okay to contact you.
Maybe it's a uk thing? 🤔 The message was completely unsolicited which seemed rather strange.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
It seems common when feeling suicidal for time to feel much longer. So the fact the user seemed to randomly be fishing for information, when they've been on here for such a long time yet haven't posted much makes it more unusual.

Maybe it's a uk thing? 🤔 The message was completely unsolicited which seemed rather strange.
I'm really not sure, RD, it was a fairly general one as far as I recall and I ignored it (I'm fairly paranoid anyway). There weren't any more messages from that, or any other, members. So I just accepted it as a one off from someone genuinely looking for an innocent contact.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
99% of DMs are people asking where to buy SN like its some sort of google directory.

• Yay!
Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
When I mentioned plans to CBT soon in a thread I made a week or so ago I had someone asking when I planned to indirectly.

I was weary, but seemed nice when I spoke to them. Could be someone with other intentions, but smeg it

• Informative
onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
I received a message from a user about two months ago. They messaged me in response to a post I had made about physical health If I remember correctly.

As far as I'm able to tell, they weren't messaging me with any bad intentions and he/she seemed to be kind and respectful.

• Hugs