• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

Juli

Jan 27, 2024
This is one of the major reasons why I don't go to therapy anymore.

Being asked to play "self-care bingo" or something while you're feeling actively suicidal feels utterly useless.

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
I've never heard of therapy exercises like that.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
its takes a lot of repetition
while you're feeling actively suicidal feels utterly useless.
i also take breaks, you cant be expected to constantly be taking steps forward, sometimes you have to sit down and say "no"

Reactions: Juli
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I don't know if I would say "useless", but it definitely made me feel uncomfortable. Yesterday my therapist wanted me to close my eyes and relive my traumas as much as possible while doing bilateral tapping. I don't know why, but I went from crying to emotionally shutting down during this session. I honestly feel like I'm not ready to cry in front of my therapist and be way too emotional like that... she says she notices I have a tendency to shut down emotionally when talking about my traumas. I just don't feel comfortable or ready yet to be that vulnerable with her right now because I haven't been seeing her for that long.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
I just don't feel comfortable or ready yet to be that vulnerable with her right now because I haven't been seeing her for that long.
i think it might be a good idea to tell her this
and what she had you doing? i cant remember anything but it is suppose to help. its not personally what i would have you doing though it does seem like it could be a bit much. maybe if you were to "rate" your traumas/problems and start with the easier ones? (ex i would work on my social anxiety before anything involving my parents)

it can be stressful but i hope things go ok for you :hug:đź’ś

• Love
Reactions: Juli and Malaria
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
i think it might be a good idea to tell her this
and what she had you doing? i cant remember anything but it is suppose to help. its not personally what i would have you doing though it does seem like it could be a bit much. maybe if you were to "rate" your traumas/problems and start with the easier ones? (ex i would work on my social anxiety before anything involving my parents)

it can be stressful but i hope things go ok for you :hug:đź’ś
I will definitely bring that up with her, thank you so much for the advice! ❤️

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
oh yes, absolutely.
I must say that a lot only really show effect when used for some time, so you can't really know unless you try, even if they feel horrible to do at first.
Of course, not everything works for everyone and there is no shame in that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Juli