• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

Nicothe13th

Student
Jan 6, 2021
Yes. For me its talking to my imaginary friends. Coincidentally, my mother mentioned she had imaginary friends when she was a child to help her cope with trauma. Sadly she passed it onto me with her trauma. Anyways, I have imaginary friends I talk to, even out loud, in public. I sometimes get stares from people but, I do it anyways. I have many of them who keep me calm when I am breaking, who manage to stop me from suicide (or sometimes encourage me, all my thoughts). I also like thinking about anime and Pokemon too. And even imaginary boyfriends/relationships. It all mirrors what I truly want in life. Genine friends and a boyfriend. thing is think I cannot have because I don't have the mental power to change my ways.
They're easy changes to make, don't commit. You got this. ❤

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
They're easy changes to make, don't commit. You got this. ❤
That you for responding. However I must disagree. Mainly because I know myself. I am a person who has chosen the path of darkness and what that loneliness entails. So long as I do that I will always hurt myself. It protects me.

Reactions: All-Dead-Y
us_1999

us_1999

Fragments of myself
Feb 1, 2021
I also talk to an imaginary friend. In childhood I used to have an imaginary universe with many people and a set of worldview, but after I grew up I began to focus on one of them, the main character. He is the only person (in fact not defined as person) with a fixed name.
Imagination helps a lot. It helps formulating thoughts and feelings that are otherwise too confused to be noticed. When I imagine dialogues and scenes, feelings become clearer. For a long time we--me and my imaginary friend--had been in a small room with only a bed and a desk. The desk faced a window but it was always dark and empty outside. Recently we began to go to open spaces.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Water-Lily
A

Arnie

Jan 29, 2021
I don't have an imaginary safe place I go to.

But, the place that my head, heart and soul remain in, every moment of everyday, is with my family I'm going to be joining on the other side.

OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Usually before I fall asleep, I like to imagine myself hanging out with Faith from Mirror's Edge, where she is my girlfriend, and we just sit together looking out over the city holding each other. Dreams influenced by such fantasies are the best places I can hope for.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I go into the remote castle belonging to my invisible russian mouse friends and watch Top Gear!

Last edited:
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
Tu lugar suena muy bien :)

el mío tbh es imaginar la muerte, la nada. Realmente es lo único que me calma. También imaginaré todas las formas en que puede suceder y dar los pasos necesarios para llegar allí. Eventualmente será una realidad.
Same

Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Nov 27, 2019
I do this too. Ever since I was little. However it has always been something I've been embarrassed of, I have never talked about it with anyone really.

Reactions: mossball
mossball

mossball

Apr 6, 2021
Yours sounds very soothing, I like it.

I don't know if this counts, but I plan stories in my head. I've been too depressed to actually write them down for a while now, but I still plan them. When my thoughts are too overwhelming I go back to it and think scenes out. Completely distracts me. Maybe this would work for some of you too?

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I go to my Zombie apocalypse scenario where me and 2 Machetes can kill as many dead and undead things as l want! Yay!!!

Reactions: Fehler
Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
Jan 7, 2021
My coping ritual is overdosing.

22 in the last 24 months.

A lot of them self harm, some of them very serious. All have required hospital treatment, and I have been sectioned countless times as a result.

• Love
Reactions: SMmetalhead36 and GarageKarate07
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
I have an overactive mind and struggle with intrusive thoughts, so sometimes I struggle to find a source of comfort.
I think my safe place is the knowledge of death, how then I will be at peace, in a void of eternal nothingness. It is inevitable and life seems so superficial in comparison.

• Love
Reactions: SMmetalhead36, Pookie and GarageKarate07
E

Emilia1012

Student
Apr 10, 2021
When things get bad I imagine being closed in a big bubble and nothing from the outside can get to me and hurt me.

L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
No, my head is half my battle and nothing good is up there to go to.

All-Dead-Y

All-Dead-Y

Vancant meat suit for sale!
Apr 4, 2021
I use to have something like that, but I can't seem to summon it anymore. It doesn't help or anything =(

Last edited:
Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★☆★ ☠️★☆★
Jul 4, 2021
I learned forms of "image therapy" as a young child as well as many CBT techniques and such.

I don't want ECT or TMS just yet, but haven't ruled them out either. I believe if it has gotten to the point I am going to induce non-bio treatments into my brain, It may just be time for a chemical clock-out.

I haven't weighed all the options, but unless a treatment gives me a full 180º, I'm most likely, just plain done.

S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
You're place sounds really nice :)

mine tbh is imagining death, nothingness. It's really the only thing that calms me. I'll also imagine all the ways it can happen and taking the steps to get there. Eventually will be a reality.
Same.
I do sometimes, but if that doesn't help, I drown myself in alcohol and pills to numb my pain and curve my thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: these_days9
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My safe space used to be similar to yours. A treetop canopy but I used to pretend I was an Ewok! (From Starwars) All safe in my hollowed out tree. I was a child at the time but even now, it comforts me sometimes. It helped as a child that my wallpaper looked a bit like wood grain.

Now, I tend to get lost in films and think about them a lot for distraction.