AvaAdore

AvaAdore

When will it be?
Jul 20, 2020
Work in an office but off sick for last 7 weeks due to anxiety and stress
Are you getting paid while you're sick?
Used too until this mental illness came. Really want to.
What were you doing?
Cashier. I used to have a second job as an ads rater that I did remotely, but I got fired from it. I also go to school.
What's an ads rater?
Had my own business for 12 years. Before that I worked in Advertising.
What kind of business was it?
I'm a software engineer. It's a good job, plus getting about 50%~ above the market in non capital. I hate work, having to do anything for a living, I just want to be in control of what I do day to day. I could travel then. But for that you need few million to inest and live off passive income.

I can't think of doing any other job except not working. Unless 10x more paying then I can retire in few years. But yeah... I still hate it every day, makes me suicial - just having to work at it. Even though now with covid I am fully remote at it, and even next years only go in for 1-2 days.

Plus It's extremely exhausting mentally. Have to process 10x more info than average daily, and make decisions for the smallest things. Decision making exhausts people, no matter how simple it is like choosing what to wear. Makes you not want to do anything else which requires any thinking. I have had a manual labour job for a year when I quit uni and managed to get into this, and mentally I was better - still suicidal since it's a job, but better, since I felt like I could do other things despite physical exhaustion. Mental exhaustion is worse, at least if you are depressed.
I completely agree, with you about mental exhaustion being worse than physical.
I am a auto accident claims adjuster. I have been doing it for several years now. I hate how I feel anxious over issues related to work even when I'm not working.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dundyfundy

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Using the resources I'm provided with, I keep nourishing and cleaning my body, and generally try to preserve its functionality, so you can say I'm the maintenance guy. My payment is twofold: occasional pleasure and contentment, and alleviation/elimination of pain and suffering. While I don't feel like like I'm rewarded well enough for my efforts, and I'm not particularly fond of my job, I'm not in a position to bargain. When my stressful work gets me emotionally agitated and I try to quit my job, my internal authorities beat me into submission, so you can say I'm a slave.

Reactions: DyingAlf, Teal_Blue_Dreams and LifeSucks39
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Unfortunately no, not anymore. Ive been a caregiver to old and /or sick people living alone. I used to love my job.
Then the BPD and depression took over again.
I'm on disability now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Viro_Major
Insertname1

Insertname1

Student
Sep 21, 2020
I'm a manager in a shop like asda/Walmart wherever you're from. And it sucks, underpaid and overworked, verbally abused on a regular basis, sometimes physically

• Aww..
Reactions: AvaAdore
F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
No. I'm in my mid 20s and have never been able to hold down a job, even part time, for more than a few months. I'm still trying to finish my bachelors degree. I've spent 6 years so far trying to complete a 3 year degree. What a fucking loser.
I think that's pretty amazing! You are getting it done at least, it doesn't matter if it takes longer than expected. Good for you :)

Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Before the Coronavirus crisis, I worked in the film industry as a lighting technician, but with the virus, a lot of productions have shut down or are running with a skeleton crew. In addition to that, I've worked part time as a hypnotherapist right up until a few weeks ago when my mental health began to deteriorate again. Even though there are legitimate reasons, not working right now feels like a failure to me.

I'm a manager in a shop like asda/Walmart wherever you're from. And it sucks, underpaid and overworked, verbally abused on a regular basis, sometimes physically

My best friend used to be a manager in a small shop stuck at the back of an Asda (a large Walmart-like establishment) and he regularly used to regale me with tales of nightmare customers and just general idiots who should never be let out in public... Those who work in stores and deal with the general public have my complete respect.

Reactions: XYZ and AvaAdore
dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
Breakfast restaurant usually 5 days a week. I'm grateful im not unemployed and somewhat like my job, but weekends specifically are god awful.

Sometimes on weekdays I'm able to convince myself I don't have to ctb but without fail, the weekend rush and all the annoying people I have to deal w has me planning to buy SN the second I'm home.

Reactions: XYZ
Insertname1

Insertname1

Student
Sep 21, 2020
Before the Coronavirus crisis, I worked in the film industry as a lighting technician, but with the virus, a lot of productions have shut down or are running with a skeleton crew. In addition to that, I've worked part time as a hypnotherapist right up until a few weeks ago when my mental health began to deteriorate again. Even though there are legitimate reasons, not working right now feels like a failure to me.

My best friend used to be a manager in a small shop stuck at the back of an Asda (a large Walmart-like establishment) and he regularly used to regale me with tales of nightmare customers and just general idiots who should never be let out in public... Those who work in stores and deal with the general public have my complete respect.
Yeah its not great, we get treated like shit by some customers and even the higher ups, they cut all our hours and expect more of us, so I stopped breaking my back for them lol, they don't help us, we don't help them, works both ways tbh

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
That's true and it's not my main reason, but one reason I kinda want to ctb

Mine to. I'm 28 and I've never worked a job in my life. I've made so much money from other means instead. Legal, Tax-free means.

It's also bullshit too because you'll be expected to pay into the system (e.g. social security) and you probably won't even get anything out of when it's your turn. Contributing towards baby boomer retirement and medicare? Hard pass on that one! They can all go get fucked as far as I'm concerned.

Taking into account all the ways society has contributed towards my suicide, I'm not sorry that I won't be contributing anything back. I was just a hair short of being a white-collar taxpayer too and it looks like I'll just be pocketing all the money and dive right into an early grave after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Squiddy and 262653
BorderlineSuicidal

BorderlineSuicidal

Let death bless me with you
Aug 30, 2020
Never worked in my life. Scared of adulting and also people never respond to my applications and idk why???

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Drowning fish and voidman
Insertname1

Insertname1

Student
Sep 21, 2020
Never worked in my life. Scared of adulting and also people never respond to my applications and idk why???
Lie on the application, add some additional qualifications(gcses) if you're in the UK, couple extra simple jobs too, thats whats most people do, I have zero gcses in real life. But have like 9 on my CV(resume) should help a little.

• Love
Reactions: BorderlineSuicidal
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Mine to. I'm 28 and I've never worked a job in my life. I've made so much money from other means instead. Legal, Tax-free means.

Mind if I ask what means these are? Might need to learn in case I miss the bus lol

Reactions: Niirvana
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yes, I work as a student staff for a department within my school that helps different types of students (foster kid's, veterans, transfer students, certain races, etc.) by linking them with resources and stuff they might need (academic counseling, tutoring, etc.) It's basically the last thing anyone who knows certain facts me would suspect me of doing. Were I a more idealistic person, I'd say I'm doing it to atone for my sins but in reality I just like getting paid for basically doing nothing but sitting at a desk most of the time since nobody actually comes by especially now during the pandemic.

F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I work in surgery. I have an office I share with two people who ignore the fact that I exist. I'm having a difficult time not crying at my desk, so I go to my car for hours instead

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LittleJem, Lastsauce and LonelyNick
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Yes, I work as a student staff for a department within my school that helps different types of students (foster kid's, veterans, transfer students, certain races

This whole "diversity" shtick with giving preferential treatment to other races (which supposedly don't even exist?) is another reason why I am ready to fucking kill myself among many other things.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
This whole "diversity" shtick with giving preferential treatment to other races (which supposedly don't even exist?) is another reason why I am ready to fucking kill myself among many other things.
Fair enough. I feel for you. I initially cringed at the many sensitivity trainings I had to receive during orientation but I kept my mouth shut because I still wanted to make money at the end of the day. I'm never one to seek out conflict so as long as I keep my metaphorical mask on, they all suspect that I'm just as woke as them. I do think the idea of my department definitely has their heart in the right place though.

At my school though everyone has access to a lot of the services we provide but they can get it from other departments besides the one I work for. My department is more about being a portal for some students of different races or groups to meet with other people in the school from the same group as them to help them through school while also addressing their unique needs. A majority of the seven programs under ours are not race-specific though and even some of the ones that are can still provide help for people that aren't necessarily qualified for their services. Again, I do believe in the good intentions of my department at the very least but I'm glad I don't have to do much except sit at the front desk and occasionally answer peoples' questions.

Reactions: AvaAdore and Wayfaerer
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
This whole "diversity" shtick with giving preferential treatment to other races (which supposedly don't even exist?)
It's what eric weinstein calls social justice hilbert problems.
i.e.
"Social Justice Hilbert Problems (one in a series):

An applicant providing intellectual diversity by refusing on principle to author a "Diversity and Inclusion" plan applies to your University.

Q: What do you do to advance Diversity and Inclusion?" -- E. weinstein, twitter

M

Mischievous

Sep 10, 2020
Unfortunately no, not anymore. Ive been a caregiver to old and /or sick people living alone. I used to love my job.
Then the BPD and depression took over again.
I'm on disability now.

Was a caregiver to a terminally ill parent who lived a lot longer then anyone expected like 9 years. As horrible as life was for her (bed ridden and in excruciating pain 40% of the time) it was one of the most rewarding and selfless acts I have ever done. It gave me a purpose that I feel like transcended any job I could have. When she died it devastated me beyond measure.

Every job I start now I only last a month before I wake up and realize how utterly pointless it is for me to make money for shit I dont want or to support a life I dont care about, mine. I go into an existential crisis and doctors and nurses try their best to calm me down and try to treat it which is really limited. I've been seriously thinking about seeing getting into a caregiving career but my anxiety has gotten really bad that I couldn't function and have a panic disorder now. Doc got me onto disability but he's out of ideas for what I should do for a next step.

Anyway it was a job that I loved too. I'm sorry to hear your situation. I hope something good changes for you.

• Love
Reactions: AvaAdore, Viro_Major and Myforevercharlie
HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
Nope. I quit that hell hole a few months ago. I just plan on living on my savings until I finally decide to ctb.

Reactions: AvaAdore and Blueman
LonelyNick

LonelyNick

They/Them, He/Him
Jul 15, 2020
Yes, but I'm about to loose my job because of the pain I'm in daily ><

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: AvaAdore and LittleJem
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Was a caregiver to a terminally ill parent who lived a lot longer then anyone expected like 9 years. As horrible as life was for her (bed ridden and in excruciating pain 40% of the time) it was one of the most rewarding and selfless acts I have ever done. It gave me a purpose that I feel like transcended any job I could have. When she died it devastated me beyond measure.

Every job I start now I only last a month before I wake up and realize how utterly pointless it is for me to make money for shit I dont want or to support a life I dont care about, mine. I go into an existential crisis and doctors and nurses try their best to calm me down and try to treat it which is really limited. I've been seriously thinking about seeing getting into a caregiving career but my anxiety has gotten really bad that I couldn't function and have a panic disorder now. Doc got me onto disability but he's out of ideas for what I should do for a next step.

Anyway it was a job that I loved too. I'm sorry to hear your situation. I hope something good changes for you.

Thank you for your answer! We're in the same boat unfortunately. ..
I couldn't deal with 3 clients who I've been with for years dying within a month..

According to my boss then, I shouldn't attache myself so much. But how can you not?

Reactions: Viro_Major
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019

It's also bullshit too because you'll be expected to pay into the system (e.g. social security) and you probably won't even get anything out of when it's your turn. Contributing towards baby boomer retirement and medicare? Hard pass on that one! They can all go get fucked as far as I'm concerned.

Taking into account all the ways society has contributed towards my suicide, I'm not sorry that I won't be contributing anything back. I was just a hair short of being a white-collar taxpayer too and it looks like I'll just be pocketing all the money and dive right into an early grave after all.
In the event I do decide to ctb, I won't be sorry either

Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I'm in sales, work right around ninety hours a week and that has made any progress of my situation vanish. It's been a freakin nightmare I'm not kidding

peace/hugs/death

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: less than, AvaAdore and XYZ
Blueman

Blueman

Student
Aug 13, 2020
Nope. I quit that hell hole a few months ago. I just plan on living on my savings until I finally decide to ctb.
I quit as I was offered a payoff actually didn't mind the job but was bored.
Struggling to get back in now so I'm thinking of enjoying my savings then ctb. Atm I'm trying to spend as little as possible so the savings last but seems a bit pointless to live in misery/boredom

• Love
Reactions: XYZ and HappyMstake
Drowning fish

Drowning fish

I want to die
Sep 9, 2020
I've never been able to stand a job for more than two weeks. I'm a fucking depressed looser

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: AvaAdore, Nem and XYZ
HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
I quit as I was offered a payoff actually didn't mind the job but was bored.
Struggling to get back in now so I'm thinking of enjoying my savings then ctb. Atm I'm trying to spend as little as possible so the savings last but seems a bit pointless to live in misery/boredom

Literally same. I don't really spend much money anyway and I never took a vacation for the 5 years I did work there, so I have enough for like 8 months or more if I stretched it but I don't think I'll last that long anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem, XYZ and Blueman
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
I bake glass in a giant oven and put it onto racks for shipping.

Reactions: AvaAdore, Deleted member 4993 and XYZ