Do you work despite your condition? I...

• Work Full time

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Work Part time

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Am a Student

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Am Stay At Home Parent / Homemaker

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Am currently Unemployed

Votes: 34 44.2%

• Total voters
Thoughtforms

Thoughtforms

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
I recently applied to 2 posts at telecommunications, didn't even get an interview. But yes a desk job would be alright.
Good luck if you keep trying. I'm job searching and applied for over 20. I heard nothing back. It's just very competive so I'm thinking of having someone write my cv. It's really hard I feel you.

I was sick, unable to work for a few years and thought I'd never have a decent job. I have a good job now but I worked my way up from the bottom in my late 20s. No degree needed.

Also maybe volunteering - there are some admin / desk jobs

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can and Darrenloses
Darrenloses

Darrenloses

Student
Nov 27, 2018
Good luck if you keep trying. I'm job searching and applied for over 20. I heard nothing back. It's just very competive so I'm thinking of having someone write my cv. It's really hard I feel you.

I was sick, unable to work for a few years and thought I'd never have a decent job. I have a good job now but I worked my way up from the bottom in my late 20s. No degree needed.

Also maybe volunteering - there are some admin / desk jobs

Over 20 jobs applications, does it not feel soul destroying after a while? Its reassuring to hear where you're at now though, relating.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, stargazer, Eden2k and 2 others
Meeseeks

Meeseeks

Student
Nov 15, 2018
Unemployed. I need structure. Wayyyyy too easy for me to lay in bed or stare at a wall and go through the doom loop in my head.

Idle mind is the devils playground? Is that the quote? Sounds about right.

I need to get a fricken jerb.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Eden2k, Johnnythefox and 4 others
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Working helps me but my work is very up and down because I freelance. Right now I haven't been able to find much work in the last month or two. So it would help me a lot to have work, but not full-time. I can't manage full-time right now with my mental health conditions and stuff.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Eden2k, Thoughtforms and 3 others
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
Moved thread to off topic per OP's request in title

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, stargazer, Thoughtforms and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I work, but not on paper. I don't want a job again where I have to be there all the time for many many hours.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Thoughtforms, sadsoul and 1 other person
Niko

Niko

Student
Oct 4, 2018
I work yeah, but I'm alone a lot and I'm not sure that's good for my mental stability. I'm actually in the process of switching positions so I will be around more people, a lot more people actually. Idk if that'll help cuz I do really like the freedom of my current job where no one's around, but the loneliness got to be too much for me.

In general I think it's a net positive for people to work cuz left to our own devices I feel like we'd just go insane. I can speak for myself and say I can get pretty neurotic and if I don't have stuff in-front and outside of me to work on I'll create my own problems in my head and drive myself nuts.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Meeseeks, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I am unable to work.
Furthermore, there is only one job that interests me, but it requires 5+ years of studying.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, stargazer, Thoughtforms and 1 other person
Dizzy

Dizzy

Nov 24, 2018
I haven't been able to keep a job more than about 3 months.

I have a theory that by being insititionalized so much as a minor it has affected my ability to hold a job.

I'm still trying to figure out what my deal is. I feel like a lazy brat most of the time. I do want to work and am a good worker but after a few months I have some sort of mental health crisis.

Right now my therapist is advocating me for disability. I'm scared about it. I feel it could make me feel more worthless and I'll be poor the rest of my life. (Currently mooching off the parents)

My number 1 therapy goal has been getting a job but they focus on all my truama in therapy...which just feels like never ending edmr sessions

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, wiIIow, Meeseeks and 2 others
Thoughtforms

Thoughtforms

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
Over 20 jobs applications, does it not feel soul destroying after a while? Its reassuring to hear where you're at now though, relating.
It is. I want to leave so bad. But I have debt and no savings so can't leave until i find another.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Eden2k, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
There was no casual/contract option, but technically I am viewed as unemployed as I'm both working a few shifts but officially a job-seeker. The buzz word nowadays is under-employed or so I'm told.
I'll save the taxpayers money when I can finally leave.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sadsoul and Weeping Garbage Can
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
No. I don't have a full time job. I work for my family.

I refuse to waste my productivity benefiting an imperialist capitalist nation.
Atta boy. Damn capitalism :/

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
Something like this will likely feature in my note some day, somehow.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Eden2k
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
Currently sitting in work doing nothing. I hate my job and have zero desire to make frke de with my colleagues. Waiting on a new job which has told me they're going to send me an offer via email...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles and sadsoul
Karl

Karl

Oct 14, 2018
I gave up participating in a university and work is not for me, so I just wait for death. also die a way out of a society I do not belong to.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Inevitable
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
Work full time as a shoemaker. Been signed off since September due to my mental health problems.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Thoughtforms and sadsoul
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I haven't been able to keep a job more than about 3 months.

I have a theory that by being insititionalized so much as a minor it has affected my ability to hold a job.

I'm still trying to figure out what my deal is. I feel like a lazy brat most of the time. I do want to work and am a good worker but after a few months I have some sort of mental health crisis.

This right here is exactly how I feel. I managed to keep a job for 8 months, but only because my supervisor really liked me (he was a vet with severe ptsd and anxiety, awesome dude who had my back). still, it all crashed down eventually like it always does, and 3 months is my average

I'm working in a wax factory right now, been there 3 weeks and I'm already breaking down... one particular coworker speeding up that process

I don't know what to do because I want to work and I thrive on being useful, but workers have no rights in this shitty country and companies can get away with so many injustices... and you just have to bend over and take it all, including the shitty scraps they throw you for a paycheck.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Dizzy