• no

Votes: 54 53.5%

• Total voters
deadwinter

deadwinter

i want to see angels
Apr 7, 2023
hi,

i know that people watch gore out of curiosity, or to distract themselves from painful emotions; maybe others genuinely enjoy it. personally, i do not watch it, as i am easily affected by anything i see (both online & irl).

what's your opinion or gore videos, and people that watch them?

do you watch gore? why?

should irl gore be illegal?

Reactions: Rocinante and FreeMind
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
Yes, very often, mostly footage from Russia's defense against Ukraine or gang violence.

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
yes, every once in a while they remind me how fragile humans are and how just about anything can happen no matter how safe you are and also sometimes for entertainment I used to watch gore a lot when in the early part of the first time I truly tried to recover from self harm/self injury it helped a lot

the people who watch gore are 50/50
from what I've observed one side of the spectrum are curious normal people and gore viewers and the other side can be extremely weird and disturbing

should it be illegal? it depends on the content and if the person or family or friends of said people in the video are uncomfortable with images or videos of someone in their final moments being out there

for example I always feel bad and a bit upset when I see someone's recorded suicide used as a meme or random shock video to send to other people

Reactions: ElectronicPoet, kipper and Rocinante
Z

Zeusman8506

Jun 28, 2023
How do you find them I've searched can not find any?

LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
Yes, but I think it illustrates the brutal nature of the world we live in. It's just natural these things tend to happen.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and psp3000
bluesoapyskies

bluesoapyskies

Aug 4, 2023
hi,

i know that people watch gore out of curiosity, or to distract themselves from painful emotions; maybe others genuinely enjoy it. personally, i do not watch it, as i am easily affected by anything i see (both online & irl).

do you watch gore? why?

aaaaa this brings back memories. after some failed attempts, i had joined a gore discord server in hopes of seeing videos of people hanging themselves. i wanted to use it as a reference for my attempt.

the actual explicit gore videos i didnt like. i found them very disturbing and it was hard to watch. it would make me cry.

in some ways it was weird to watch them though. they make death look so easy, so common. like people are so fragile. i used to really question "why did they deserve to die? they were probably better people than me.., i don't deserve to be here," etc.

AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
just our of morbid curiosity in the distant past. lately I've been watching them for research into my method.

guinea-pig

guinea-pig

:0
Jul 31, 2023
I don't watch gore videos but I did check them out when I was a kid just out of morbid curiosity. I don't know what to think of people who watch it to be honest but I do think it is sad that they don't have the empathy to be turned away from the videos. It is someone's suffering that you are watching for personal benefit.

I think it should be illegal because a lot of gore videos are murder and even if it is a suicide, that person is dead and now being exploited in a way.

N

NeedSomething

Aug 2, 2023
I do, but just out of morbid curiosity. Nothing more

brainwormz

brainwormz

Based cringelord
Jul 18, 2023
Hhhm not really. I absolutely love candy and pastel gore but real gore isn't my thing. I'm actually a candy/pastel gore artist. I don't think of my subjects in any physical pain and they are usually alive and perfectly fine in my mind not matter how destroyed their body is. I really enjoy drawing the anatomy and playing with colours that most would define as eyesore.

Should gore be illegal? I don't think a black and white opinion is helpful. Self expression should almost always be protected. But then the Luca magnotas of the world and that shit is harming living beings non consensually which is and should be illegal.

But if my friend and I decided to say engage in consensual cutting or something and like minded folk wanted to see I think that should be protected.

Reactions: Rocinante
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Yes. It used to bring me a feeling of pride that I was so desensitised, like "oh most other people couldnt even handle this but I can".
Now I mostly watch suicide videos for encouragement, though I sometimes watch others out of morbid curiosity, or to test myself to see if I've gotten soft. I have, to an extent, but still probably not as soft as most people.

DestinyRot707

DestinyRot707

May 12, 2023
not really videos- i look at pictures of gore pretty often though for references. for some reason videos bother me more. but i HATE broken bones especially weight lifting broken bone videos i think those are actually disgusting. but pictures of broken bones are fine no idea why

• Love
Reactions: brainwormz and Gloomislost
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, never, I'm already fully aware of how hellish existence truly is without seeing horrific suffering right in front of me, I have no desire to watch other people suffer.

Reactions: metri, SmollMushroom and sserafim
tera_forest

tera_forest

Mar 19, 2023
I used to watch gore and shock vids out of morbid curiosity. I stopped completely when I saw a pic of a head after the person was murdered with an ice pick. Since then I cannot stand blood or gore

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Yes. I like to immerse myself deeper into mental depravity, to see humanity for what it truly is.

A warmongering parasite. This includes me as well.

I find the human body sickening and repulsive, especially when the innards become outards due to violent hacking and whacking. For some they die quick, others get agony.

So yusss

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Gloomislost and psp3000
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
I do, and I even have a irl who does as well. Sometimes him and I will just start watching gore videos or looking at pictures on reddit out of morbid curiosity from commentary videos. We even did "run the gauntlet" together which those weren't so bad, besides dick cheese. Dick cheese was fucking horrid.

Edit: I don't have a set reason why I watch gore. It just puts things into place? Idk but its like a weird coping mechanism because it's sorta triggering.

Last edited:
Reactions: brainwormz
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I used to watch them on some r/watchpeopledie subreddit that has been long banned. I no longer go out of my way to view them, if one pops up I might watch. My edgelord phase is over
Do as you please
No, but sharing it should have some repercussions. I've stumbled across some that are presented as meme type videos that will include gore. Like a jump scare of sorts.

ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Thanks for all the cats.
Jul 8, 2023
I don't because they make me sick to my stomach and I can never bring myself to look. The only thing close I've seen is photos of people hanging and bodies, and I usually have to shut my eyes and scroll past them when they show up. I had a very weird friend in HS who liked to watch gore a lot and try to get me to watch it with him, like, beheading videos and "cartel videos," but I simply couldn't look, so I still don't know.

Can I ask, for those of you who do engage with gore: do you think it runs the risk of PTSD associated with seeing these things in real life?

Also, out of morbid curiosity, what kind of stuff do you guys see? Has there been any videos in particular that really stuck with you? I'm very curious, but too scared to look myself.

KowakuNaiNeko

KowakuNaiNeko

Aug 5, 2023
Can I ask, for those of you who do engage with gore: do you think it runs the risk of PTSD associated with seeing these things in real life?
Eh probably not. A viewer is rather distant from a gore video. Maybe they could trigger existing PTSD though.
Also, out of morbid curiosity, what kind of stuff do you guys see? Has there been any videos in particular that really stuck with you? I'm very curious, but too scared to look myself.
Ones where people fall and then squirm on the ground made me sure that I don't want to jump. Industrial accident ones can get pretty crazy. Like people getting sucked into machines and stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: ApparentlyNot
thesilliestgoose

thesilliestgoose

Life is pointless torture
Jun 20, 2023
I don't watch gore videos and I am weary of people who do. I know that some people who do watch them are good people who have morbid curiosity like all of us, but when I was a teen dating my first bf of 2 years he used to watch them all the time. He was an extremely abusive partner and would often show them to me solely to traumatize me. I'm very sensitive to violence and gore and he was aware of that. He would find the worst videos he could and then show them to me bc he loved watching me be in pain and fear. After a while I had finally had enough of him having this power over me so I went onto the site he frequented and made myself watch video after video after video for hours on end until I was completely desensitized to it all. I got so desensitized that if someone were to have been brutally murdered in front of me I truly believe I wouldn't have felt a thing. That definitely affected who I was fundamentally for years bc I became very unsympathetic to those around me. I am a huge empath at heart and can sympathize with most people even when others can't do it was very jarring for me and everyone who knew me to see me this way. After years of therapy and getting away from said partner I am glad to say that I am completely back to me empathetic self and if I were to see a gore video now it would greatly affect me and disturb me. Gore videos have become somewhat of a trigger to me now after everything that happened

• Hugs
Reactions: consider and Sweet Tart
thesilliestgoose

thesilliestgoose

Life is pointless torture
Jun 20, 2023
I don't because they make me sick to my stomach and I can never bring myself to look. The only thing close I've seen is photos of people hanging and bodies, and I usually have to shut my eyes and scroll past them when they show up. I had a very weird friend in HS who liked to watch gore a lot and try to get me to watch it with him, like, beheading videos and "cartel videos," but I simply couldn't look, so I still don't know.

One of the videos my ex bf made me watch ( extra context in my reply to original post if interested) has stuck with me the very most by far was a cartel video. I still have nightmares and randomly think about it often. I'm not going to go in to any detail but a group of cartel members filleted a son in front of his father then beheaded the dad. These are some things that you simply cannot unsee.

• Wow
Reactions: ApparentlyNot
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
hi,

do you watch gore? why?

I've started watching gore to get more accustomed to the human body as I cut myself but I fear going to deep and it helps....though to be honest I don't enjoy it in the slightest. Some are nice but I hate seeing other people's suffering....like when the person is already dead I'm okay but seeing people in fear and suffering hurts me

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
No, I don't watch them because I have no reason to. I'm not scared of blood, but honestly I just don't see a point in watching gore videos.

Last edited:
M

manuel1056x

Sep 9, 2023
I used to watch them in the past, why I honestly don't know, maybe to distract. Don't do this anymore because some of the memories of things I see there, I really don't need.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I've seen a few when the internet was wild and full of "freaky dangerous stuff" but the few I saw was enough. I've read and seen enough from war history to know what people can do to each other. People can watch what they like and I'm very skeptical of any censorship but if I knew someone who watched them "for fun and laughs" I'd cut them out of my social circles; right/wrong it influences my view of that person. The thing that stopped it for me was a an autopsy pic (after it was done and sewn back up) of a 2yr old killed in Brazil (I think) by his father. The picture covered the whole shitty thing and the sadness of the child being beat to death.

missingperson99

missingperson99

Sep 19, 2023
I used to when I was younger but these days it just makes me flinch.

rosa.rosa

rosa.rosa

Sep 10, 2023
Yes, but not really for enjoyment. I got curious whether other people cut themselves, as the only exposure to depression and mental illness I got was through fiction. I was disturbed at first when I saw videos of it, but now it more so serves as a distraction for when I feel like cutting. I generally stay away from gore that isn't self-inflicted, however.

Square251

Square251

Mar 19, 2023
Might be odd for me to vote but as a medical student, I don't have a choice but to study all kinds of gorey surgeries and specimens lol.

Reactions: sserafim and Skathon
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I've gone down really bad rabbit holes, mostly out of morbid curiosity. I ended up getting injured a few months ago and it was wild to see the same kind of gore I had been watching on my own body. There's definitely something existential about seeing your own insides and realizing that we're all so fragile. Some of the shit I've seen in gore videos has definitely fucked me up though.

• Informative
Reactions: SmollMushroom