• Yes, and I will one day

• Yes, but I never will

• No, but I wish I wanted to get better

• No, getting better is stupid

Results are only viewable after voting.
O

Offers

Sep 6, 2020
More than anything, I hope I can improve physically to the point I can walk with ease like I used to, more stamina, less fatigue and uncertainty. That would make me really happy.

I'm not sure I can go on if it gets worse but... I want to get better and I hope I do but at the same time, I don't want to suffer like I have been. It's confusing at times.

• Love
Reactions: BitterlyAlive and Isadeth
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I would like to believe I'll find answers to get better. I'm trying to not leave any rock unturned as I have a family and the thought of leaving them tears me up, but it's hard to remain focused on finding answers instead of giving up and ending the pain. Some days I can push on, and others it's hard to not be impulsive.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Deleted member 4993 and Offers
I

ihsdpm

Jun 26, 2020
No because I feel like people who are happy are being delusional. I'd rather be cynacal and realistic. Also I'd feel guilty if I got better.

Note: sorry if the words "getting better" is offensive to anyone. I don't mean there's anything wrong with us, just that we're technically not what is normally considered to be healthy

I work everyday on getting better. I've only had suicidal thoughts because of health issues and I hope I do get better someday.

I enjoy life and am happy with what I've made out of it for the most part. It's very hard to have any kind of quality of life when you are dealing with chronic physical pain, however.

• Love
Reactions: Offers
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Yes. I would love to get better, to feel hopeful and joyous, to experience peace and serenity every day without quietly waiting for the other shoe to drop and the pain to strike again. I'm just on an emotional rollercoaster each and every day against my will because of my PTSD, and it tires me, infuriates me even. I see no end to the madness without a LOT of hard work, time, effort, and professional support. I can't help but wonder if it's all truly worth the pain and grit to get through to the other side

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I haven't answered because I guess I don't understand the question and the options. What does "get better" mean in this context? Do you mean not be suicidal anymore? Or not depressed?

I don't think being suicidal is a condition from which I need to get better. I just think it's a state of being, or a philosophy, for me at least. As for my depression - I would love to not be sad and anxious all the time, but it's connected to who I am. Does getting better mean being a different person? Gosh, I would love that.