Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Already have them.

Votes: 14 11.7%

• Total voters
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
I don't think I'd ever want children. That just feels a little too selfish on my part.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Broken Chimera, TheEndisNear121200, deadgirlahsatan and 13 others
knux

knux

Nov 11, 2020
Nope. Can't abide them.

• Love
Reactions: Broken Chimera, deadgirlahsatan, sadworld and 7 others
All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
No

• Love
Reactions: blahblahhh, Broken Chimera, TheEndisNear121200 and 8 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I think I'd be a terrible mother

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Broken Chimera, deadgirlahsatan, sadworld and 6 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Hell no. For so many reasons.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Broken Chimera, TheEndisNear121200 and 11 others
thisismyusername

thisismyusername

Mar 1, 2020
I do. I truly feel in love with my husband, its just very difficult for me to curb these innate desires to just end it. Right now, I've found that my mood actually improved a lot since getting a puppy this year with him. It is becoming easier I think as I feel this tight bond and extreme responsibility to take care of her, even without taking care of myself.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: VabeniPokojneTmy, peacechoice, antigone_iris and 7 others
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
too many mental issues i'd pass down. depression/anxiety runs in my family, i would feel bad to curse another person with these problems.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Misery99, TheEndisNear121200, sadworld and 5 others
degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
I would rather shit in my hands and clap.

• Love
Reactions: blahblahhh, Bahbah Blacksheep, Cold and 14 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
A part of me has always wished I could have been a Dad. But it was never going to happen . I always knew that . Still makes me a little sad sometimes though.
But perhaps it really was for the best that I didn't....

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadworld, puppy9, allym101 and 3 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Fuck no. I'd be an awful mother lmao. I enjoy my sleeping and other reasons too. Though I wouldn't mind having dogs and nieces and nephews

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Gnip, TheEndisNear121200, sadworld and 5 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Never have and never will. It's another thing I can't comprehend about society and other people.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, LenkaX, TheEndisNear121200 and 7 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I have 2 young sons and they're the best thing that ever happened to me in this world, hands down. I don't want anymore though.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: VabeniPokojneTmy, TheEndisNear121200, antigone_iris and 11 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I'd never want to give birth. If things changed in the future and I knew I'd be a capable parent, I might consider adoption. But right now, I can't think of anything worse than being a parent. I would never want to take a child into my care knowing there was a good chance I'd be leaving them soon. Have a lot of respect for good, caring parents though. I'm sure there are many on this site. :heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: stygal, Gnip, TheEndisNear121200 and 5 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Hell, no. Having kids is to my mind them most irresponsible thing anyone can do do:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, stygal, Uh huh and 8 others
SpinningSong

SpinningSong

Student
Oct 9, 2020
Actually quite surprised to find a thread with such question on ss :D

Reactions: TheEndisNear121200, sadworld, allym101 and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Hell, no. Having kids is to my mind them most irresponsible thing anyone can do do:
Irresponsible is my middle name!

Reactions: sadworld, puppy9, allym101 and 2 others
Wraith

Wraith

Lost in The Void
Nov 4, 2020
No, the world is too fucked up. I'd also probably make a horrible parent.

Reactions: stygal, TheEndisNear121200, sadworld and 3 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
"Hey kids, I hate life and think it's terrible, but maybe you'll have a better outcome. Good luck!"

Yeah, no...

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Chameleons31, Bahbah Blacksheep and 8 others
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
No. I don't want to give the child any of my bad genes and I don't want to bring one in to this world I dislike. I would like to foster/adopt one day though

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld and allym101
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
While I respect the opinions of those who don't want kids. These threads almost always degenerate into bickering between members with kids and those without.

I'm going to be really surprised if it doesn't get locked or deleted at some point. Hopefully everyone can remain civil and there can be a good discussion on the subject for once.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Callie Arcale, antigone_iris and 9 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i do.....but i understand that im too mentally broken

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Gnip, antigone_iris, sadworld and 3 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Seriously, I'd stand by that. The world follows it's pattern. Introducing new into that as it fades...I would not do that.
Everything has its time and everything dies.
I'd not introduce new life into what I see as an endgame scenario, that would be irresponsible. This website, to my mind is about reducing suffering. I could not in good conscience bring children into the world who would inherit the fruit of our irresponsibility.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, Sensei, sadworld and 5 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I think I would do well at it but... Bringing them into this world where I possibly Ctb is fairly fucked off. Not a good life.

• Aww..
Reactions: sadworld, infinitelove, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
I personally prescribe to antinatalism but am quite happy for other people to exercise their freedom to have children.
Let the ouroboros of misery continue.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lester Cohle and sadworld
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
i never in my life wanted kids. at some point in the late 20ies i at least could imagine that having kids can be beautiful that you discover the world in a new way through your kids eyes.

for me it's also less the reason that there already so much humans on this planet. i guess if we would care about our planet better the planet could carry a lot more. one of the grounding members of the club of rome - one of the first environmental movements - estimated in one of his books that the planet could maybe handle 100 billion people if done right (which i think is a bit over the top). but mainly western society acts just so wasteful that even now at the start of climate change it becomes more and more difficult.

my main reason is more that i don't feel able to be a good parent and it would be irresponsible to do this to another human being.
but yeah - especially in younger years some decisions are often bad and i guess i got lucky back then. based on my irresponsible behaviour in my early twenties i also could be a father right now.

• Love
Reactions: stygal, antigone_iris, sadworld and 4 others
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
i guess if we would care about our planet better
Why care about the planet when it is unable to care about anyone?
It functions as a carousel of suffering I personally think we should destroy the planet and all sentient life on it.

Reactions: stygal, sadworld and DocNo
suicidal-raven

suicidal-raven

There are many of us in one mind.
Nov 2, 2020
I'm worried about having kids because of my horrible genes. There's a lot of mental health issues in my family history and I have BPD (EUPD) and it can be genetic so I'm worried about giving it to my children and them having to experience what I experience.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: deadgirlahsatan, sadworld and allym101
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Why care about the planet when it is unable to care about anyone?
It functions as a carousel of suffering I personally think we should destroy the planet and all sentient life on it.

one quote i did read once said "we are born into a paradise and make it to hell" (pretty freestylish but i guess it carries the point of the quote - maybe oscar wilde - don't even remember who said it ^^).

and yeah - i think (at least in my good times) that we have it in our hands what we make of it. but i also see your point that nature is to some point merciless and cruel. maybe i am less of a pessimist than i always thought ^^

in my dark times i even question the concept of existence at all. at least of matter based existence.
if the universe might be just be some kind of floating energy, where everything and everybody can be what he/she/it wants to be, it might be easier.

and i also often perceive this matter based existence being trapped in my body as a prison.

edit: sorry for getting a bit offtopic here.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadgirlahsatan, sadworld, Huntfish34 and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I responded. My PC fucked it up. Now I CBA. Fuck em all/

Having children:
The most irresponsible prerogative we have no choice but to cling to.
Lets all have mindless sex and spawn a world full of worthless fuckwits, what could go wrong?

I say this: we get exactly what we deserve.

I don't give a blind ignorant shit anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chameleons31, Sensei, peacechoice and 3 others