barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
I personally think that very few remember those who die in ctb unless they are close friends or family

any acquaintances or distant peers will completely stop caring about your death within a few months.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ε. Η. R., EternalShore, Homo erectus and 6 others
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Only by a few people. I'll be mostly forgotten as if I never existed. Eventually everyone is forgotten if u think about it. Only like celebrities or famous political figures seem to be memorialized for hundreds of years. Any person that does remember me will also eventually die. I guess it doesn't really matter to me because we are all forgotten by everyone besides God.

Reactions: Homo erectus, claraisnotcarol, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
To me, being remembered doesn't matter. Those who will remember me will be dead one day too. Michael Jordan was next to a god when I was a kid, now he's a meme. Years from now, he'll be forgotten. There's a comic in which Superman is long forgotten by earth after his time. And from the looks of it, the human race itself will be gone one day. All of their monuments and feats will be erased by earth and lost to time. So, I don't see the point in worrying about it. I did my best and treated everyone with respect, kindness, and approached most people in a spirit of good will. I don't owe anyone anything, and I've atoned for any wrongs I've done. And even if someone did owe someone something, meh. People died owing me money. Money's a made-up human thing. We'll all die owing money in this life. Besides the point, I'll be remembered by a few people. I hope they aren't too hurt or angry at my passing.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim, MatrixPrisoner and 1 other person
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
I definitely think I will be remembered. I can't deny that I'd like to be remembered. At the same time I think I will be forgotten fairly quickly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, barelyrussian and WAITING TO DIE
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Close family members and maybe some friends, everyone else will forget but I personally don't care much.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
Jealous Blackheart

Jealous Blackheart

A Well Read Demon
Aug 25, 2023
There is a piece of us immortalized in everyone that has ever known us. A version of us inside them, unchanging. Who they knew us to be. If ever we were to lose our way, ourselves, we would be restored by reuniting with them. They have the ability to return us to what we were.
But this is the same reason we must leave some and part ways. They preserve us as we are in their eyes. Change becomes violence. We are stifled and cannot grow in their presence.
Yet who we are in the eyes of some can also be an anchor that stops us being dragged out to sea. A stabilizing force in a chaotic world. Roots that hold you to yourself so you don't get lost in the noise.

An excerpt from one of my journals.

• Love
Reactions: mongoose23, NocturnILL, samsara_96 and 3 others
P

Pagliacci

Sep 28, 2023
Where I am in my life, yes. I would be the example of "that person" who no one expected would do it. Give it a couple of years, yes years, and I could possibly get away with just family and friends left caring. The problem is the community I belong to is rather small when it comes to professions. Almost everyone knows or knows-of or knows a friend of everyone.
Personally, I still remember members from this forum from years ago who ctb. I remember having conversations with them and they being a cornerstone of this group. I mourned them and gave thanks they found peace. I never met them in person, but I remember them and always will.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If I was to die very soon then maybe a few people, but I know that eventually I'll just be forgotten about like I never existed at all and the thought of this comforts me. It's better that this existence is erased and disappears, I would never want this insignifcant and unnecessary existence to be remembered, I bet that most people won't even eventually exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here.

• Love
Reactions: NocturnILL and WAITING TO DIE
void kitty

void kitty

Sep 29, 2023
My mom, sis mostly it'll be the most painful for them. Although I'd rather prefer not to be remembered at all after death. It'll be talked about how I was such a shut in and what not I'm not sure I wonder if it'd be suprising to them, since my once failed past attempt.

• Hugs
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
My family doesn't care about me.
I have no friends or partner.
Even if the handful of people I know actually attend my funeral, I shall soon be forgotten.
But it's OK, because my battle with life will have finally ended, along with all of my suffering too.

• Love
Reactions: NocturnILL
claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
maybe dying of ctb will be more traumatic for people in the sense that they will "remember" you more, cause of their regrets an guilt. but just thinking about it gives me a headache
what I really wish I could do, is watch my own funeral

barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
There is a piece of us immortalized in everyone that has ever known us. A version of us inside them, unchanging. Who they knew us to be. If ever we were to lose our way, ourselves, we would be restored by reuniting with them. They have the ability to return us to what we were.
But this is the same reason we must leave some and part ways. They preserve us as we are in their eyes. Change becomes violence. We are stifled and cannot grow in their presence.
Yet who we are in the eyes of some can also be an anchor that stops us being dragged out to sea. A stabilizing force in a chaotic world. Roots that hold you to yourself so you don't get lost in the noise.

An excerpt from one of my journals.
Very well written, I guess in a sense you stay alive through the people who've known you, I've never really thought of it that way

• Love
Reactions: Jealous Blackheart
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
No, only my parents and the rest of my family would remember me. Maybe former classmates or colleagues too.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023
Not really just my siblings and parents

Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

So much for stardust...
Oct 1, 2023
My family will. I don't think anyone else outside of that will, though.

I used to be really worried that I wouldn't be remembered or cared about once I was gone, but now I don't care. All I want is to disappear, like I never existed in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: barelyrussian
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Nope. I don't even want people to find my body (if possible), nor do I want a funeral. I just want to be forgotten. Wish I could just dissolve like I never existed.

• Hugs
Reactions: barelyrussian and mongoose23
S

somenone

He is not even capable of committing suicide
Aug 19, 2023
I am already forgotten

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Homo erectus
lain_pilled

lain_pilled

I will die by fire.
Oct 5, 2023
its a long shot but little by little im slowly removing myself from other people's lives

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I personally think that very few remember those who die in ctb unless they are close friends or family

any acquaintances or distant peers will completely stop caring about your death within a few months.
It'd be cool to know how people would remember you tho! ^_^ Especially if anyone my age outside my family irl even notices! xD
like yeahhh, people who I have regular obligations towards (students+professors+teachers) probably would be notified at an age-appropriate level but beyond that, I don't even think they'd remember for long! lol. I'd probably only be remembered for a significant amount of time by family and a few long-term online friends tho~

Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
No. Even the birth "mother" who betrayed me, will quickly forget me. I know it. she always had a bad memory.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
By a few people for a short space of time. I don't have dependants or a partner or many close friends now. My larger family and friends are mostly estranged now.

ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
I don't want to be remembered. My mom would be the worst affected but I'm trying to make sure she'll be somewhat financially secure for at least a decade or so once I'm gone. Don't care how my dad would feel. Both my parents are aged and they'll pass away eventually. My relatives would be sad for a while but move on eventually. I'll probably become a cautionary tale for their kids with zero effort put into truly understanding the reasons that led me to ctb. I just want to be forgotten and cease to exist as anything other than a non-corporeal entity.